Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best Ship? (Pick three)

Madoka/Homura (A girl and her perverted ex-magical girl.)
- 2 (7.7%)
Mami/Everyone (All shall bow down to Mami.)
- 1 (3.8%)
Kyoko/Mami (Fuck if I know.)
- 1 (3.8%)
Mami/Madoka (How adorable....)
- 1 (3.8%)
Mami/Charlotte (Foe yay.)
- 3 (11.5%)
Kyle/Everyone (Even Mami bows down to Kyle Johnson.)
- 0 (0%)
Kyle/Mami (TWO Launchers of a Thousand Ships?)
- 2 (7.7%)
Hikari/Kyle (The manliness! And adorableness.)
- 2 (7.7%)
Aiko/Minu (Now this is adorable too.)
- 1 (3.8%)
Minu/Hikari (Cake, anyone?)
- 1 (3.8%)
Minu/Hikari/Aiko (THREEEEESOOOOOME)
- 3 (11.5%)
Hikari/Aiko (The moe in this one is high.)
- 0 (0%)
Kimiko/Kyle (Dat alliteration.)
- 1 (3.8%)
Eren/Hikari (For the crack!)
- 0 (0%)
Alex/Hikari (Cloudcuckoolanders unite)
- 2 (7.7%)
Kyubey/Everyone (Kyubey is the ultimate sub. We know this.)
- 3 (11.5%)
Kimiko/Alex (:3)
- 1 (3.8%)
Eren/Alex (So much yuri, too little yaoi.)
- 2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 97

Author Topic: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: The Grief Story OOC  (Read 79954 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: The Grief Story OOC
« Reply #780 on: July 03, 2014, 11:27:45 pm »

Wait, why does Kyubey even give a shit about there being witches to fight?

Seriously.

Also, Daoto is...unlikely...to turn into a witch, to put it lightly. Odds are if she would witch out the parasite symbiote would just execute her or take over instead.

So wait, basically the idea is that they become sad until they become a witch?

What about pathologically-optimistic people?

Also, as to Eren: Ticking Timebomb =/= Instant Murder Machine
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 03, 2014, 11:30:41 pm »

Because he's farming Grief for energy, see. The more Grief his magical girls have, the more energy. The more energy, the better. Puella Magi get grief by fighting witches. Hence, more witches > more grief > more energy.

Assholish logic, but there you go.

Pathologically optimistic people, i.e Hikari, would still end up witching out, even if it's by overuse of specials rather than despair. Or she'd end up dead. Even the most experienced magical girl- frigging Mami- still got one-shotted by a Witch. And she IS the most experienced in Mitakihara.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 03, 2014, 11:32:09 pm »

Wait, why does Kyubey even give a shit about there being witches to fight?
Keeps the magical girls distracted. Makes them think Kyubey is getting something beneficial to humans out of the contract. Gets some to contract because they think it's the right thing to do (save people through fighting witches). Exposes them to grief. He gets power out of them becoming a witch.

Also, Daoto is...unlikely...to turn into a witch, to put it lightly. Odds are if she would witch out the parasite symbiote would just execute her or take over instead.
How would the parasite know how to kill her, and how would it do so?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 03, 2014, 11:36:27 pm »

See, I don't have a problem with them possibly dying to a witch, though it also brings up the question;

What if one of them just gets hit by a bus or something and their soul gem is broken in the process?

I honestly think that would be hilarious now.

My only problem is like the idea that fighting negative emotions somehow makes you sad which can't be coped with in any way. Which seems, well...weird, to say the least.

Like, Dylan? He ain't gonna witch out from fighting them. He might still turn into a witch, but why would beating the shit out of things that want to hurt people make him upset? He might die to a witch of course; I figure if/when he dies, that's how he'll go. Or turn into a Witch from [X] and all his tattoos come alive and start killing people.

Daoto's too busy being overly sad(she's kinda meant to be overly dramatic about it, part of her character) about terminal illness to be sad about Witches. And, again, the Symbiote can't let you do that, Kyubey.

Well, it could basically pulp her brain. And the rest of her body. And it contains her soul gem, so it could pretty easily break it if it wanted to. The ruby-thing in the eye? That was her soul gem.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 03, 2014, 11:38:43 pm »

Well, then whoopee, one less witch. Nobody said you can't kill yourself before witching out. That's what a certain someone- and by someone we mean Mami, again- tried to. She got killed by someone else, granted, but points for trying.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 03, 2014, 11:43:15 pm »

Just was sayin' was all. Not like it would be with her permission, and it's not like it wouldn't take the opportunity to use the 'meat puppet' for it's own purposes, but...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 03, 2014, 11:45:06 pm »

I can only wait to see what kind of bullshit Kyubey will pull if he sees that....

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 03, 2014, 11:50:42 pm »

See, I don't have a problem with them possibly dying to a witch, though it also brings up the question;

What if one of them just gets hit by a bus or something and their soul gem is broken in the process?
The same thing that would happen if their soul gem got broken any other way; they die.

My only problem is like the idea that fighting negative emotions somehow makes you sad which can't be coped with in any way. Which seems, well...weird, to say the least.
My only problem is like the idea that a bunch of small children having vivid hallucinations of an alien cat thing leads to something as ridiculous as magic and combating entropy.
I know, right? It's almost as though this is an existing setting with its own rules or something.

Well, it could basically pulp her brain. And the rest of her body.
Ie nothing.

And it contains her soul gem, so it could pretty easily break it if it wanted to. The ruby-thing in the eye? That was her soul gem.
I suspect it would not be in a condition to do that after having a witch hatch inside it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 03, 2014, 11:59:28 pm »

We'll see, Harbinger...we'll see.

You can keep saying I'm wrong and that I have to play the way you play if you want.

Sidenote: Something happening to my character's emotional state which I have no control over is just a little bit different than the premise of the game being mildly unrealistic.

Yes, I do say mildly. I've read some weird shit, and actually you explaining it that way gives me ideas.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 04, 2014, 12:19:58 am »

We'll see, Harbinger...we'll see.
You can keep saying I'm wrong and that I have to play the way you play if you want.
Oh, I'm not saying you're wrong and have to play the way I want at all.
I'm saying you're ignoring basic parts of the setting and attempting to rewrite it to suit your character.
Now, were I a more uncharitable person I would accuse you of attempting to change the setting to generate cheap drama bullshit surrounding and bringing to the prominent position your all-important character, but I'm sure you are a better roleplayer than that and are actually seeking to generate something valuable and interesting to everyone involved rather than just indulging in the worst sides of 13-year old freeform forum roleplay.
For instance, given that the body of a Magical Girl is basically just a remote puppet yanked around by the soul in a rock, I'm sure that having Daoto paralysed at the table crying is a valuable commentary on the influence the mind has on the body, the importance of positive thinking and a reminder to all that to be a successful Mahou Shoujo our characters must realistically assess the options and resources available to them, and possibly even a sign of an impending battle against a controlling alien parasite, rather than you just forgetting how the setting functions in a mad dash to make the scene focus on how your character is the saddest and we should all pile sympathy and assistance on her. Because that would be terrible.

Sidenote: Something happening to my character's emotional state which I have no control over is just a little bit different than the premise of the game being mildly unrealistic.
Well, uh, I would consider mind-effecting magic to be at least a little more than slightly unrealistic, along with soul manipulation and deriving power from emotions, but whatever floats your boat, I guess...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 04, 2014, 12:22:44 am »

*sighs and looks at watch, waiting until impending meltdown due to arguments*

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 04, 2014, 08:47:45 am »

I will lock the OOC before an argument gets out of hand. If you have questions about the setting, Ask me in this thread, or if it does get locked, ask me in pm.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 04, 2014, 09:14:41 am »

Spoiler: Hey (click to show/hide)
Oh god what the hell happened. I just wanted to give my guy some characterization.
D:

*Dejavu sobs in the corner, muttering something about more flamewars*
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 04, 2014, 09:23:06 am »

Spoiler: Hey (click to show/hide)
Oh god what the hell happened. I just wanted to give my guy some characterization.
D:

*Dejavu sobs in the corner, muttering something about more flamewars*

*Breakfast intensifies*
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 04, 2014, 09:25:45 am »

I still say this should've been set in Rebellion. :P
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 97