Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best Ship? (Pick three)

Madoka/Homura (A girl and her perverted ex-magical girl.)
- 2 (7.7%)
Mami/Everyone (All shall bow down to Mami.)
- 1 (3.8%)
Kyoko/Mami (Fuck if I know.)
- 1 (3.8%)
Mami/Madoka (How adorable....)
- 1 (3.8%)
Mami/Charlotte (Foe yay.)
- 3 (11.5%)
Kyle/Everyone (Even Mami bows down to Kyle Johnson.)
- 0 (0%)
Kyle/Mami (TWO Launchers of a Thousand Ships?)
- 2 (7.7%)
Hikari/Kyle (The manliness! And adorableness.)
- 2 (7.7%)
Aiko/Minu (Now this is adorable too.)
- 1 (3.8%)
Minu/Hikari (Cake, anyone?)
- 1 (3.8%)
Minu/Hikari/Aiko (THREEEEESOOOOOME)
- 3 (11.5%)
Hikari/Aiko (The moe in this one is high.)
- 0 (0%)
Kimiko/Kyle (Dat alliteration.)
- 1 (3.8%)
Eren/Hikari (For the crack!)
- 0 (0%)
Alex/Hikari (Cloudcuckoolanders unite)
- 2 (7.7%)
Kyubey/Everyone (Kyubey is the ultimate sub. We know this.)
- 3 (11.5%)
Kimiko/Alex (:3)
- 1 (3.8%)
Eren/Alex (So much yuri, too little yaoi.)
- 2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 97

Author Topic: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: The Grief Story OOC  (Read 79905 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: The Grief Story OOC
« Reply #765 on: July 03, 2014, 10:55:07 pm »

Yay for magic girl liches?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 03, 2014, 10:57:13 pm »

Hell, Daoto should technically be already cured; she's DEAD.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 03, 2014, 10:59:08 pm »

Oh, I'm sorry, I tried to make an interesting character with background and shit.

Also, how are they dead? Their hearts still beat. Just because they have phylacteries doesn't mean anything. And it still doesn't actually mean they're destined to die.

Damnit Harbinger, why can't you just let me have a fucking character without trying to make it conform to your shit? Jeezus christ.

Also, diseases can kill people in comas, so...yeah.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 03, 2014, 11:02:16 pm »

Actually, no matter what you do, you turn into a witch or die. You either get killed by witches, or you accumulate enough Grief to turn into a witch- which will happen, regardless of how many times you clear your gem. Kinda just how hopeless the damn world is. Every Puella Magi is destined to die, it's how that differs *cough*Mami Mogu Mogu*cough*.

....and now I want to punch Sanure for not using Rebellion's world....

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 03, 2014, 11:04:31 pm »

And it will automatically happen within the next few years?

And Daoto/the characters know this?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 03, 2014, 11:04:36 pm »

inb4 actually rebellion world

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 03, 2014, 11:05:25 pm »

Yes.

And no. Because Kyubey is an asshole. And the one person who does- Homura, thus far- refuses to tell us in fear of us instantly witching out/trying to commit murder-suicide.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 03, 2014, 11:08:58 pm »

Reallllly. What's the timeframe, exactly?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 03, 2014, 11:08:59 pm »

Excuse me for paying the slightest attention to how the setting works when designing characters and assessing their abilities. From now on I'll be sure to remember that the key to making a wonderful character is giving them massive crippling emotional backstories that are actually utterly irrelevant under the slightest bit of logic. Just wait till you all see my rape victim Iron Golem and Skeleton with fatal allergies to seafood, peanuts and beestings!

a) Pretty much, yep.
b) They should be very well aware of the death issue, though not of the witch issue (yet).
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 03, 2014, 11:10:18 pm »

Reallllly. What's the timeframe, exactly?
Said couple of years. Or until everyone inevitably dies. Or someone figures out a loophole.

Or convinces Madoka to contract. Which is bad because then you get Homura on you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 03, 2014, 11:11:58 pm »

Just wait till you all see my rape victim Iron Golem and Skeleton with fatal allergies to seafood, peanuts and beestings!
hey how about we not joke about something that's not funny thanks
Black lives matter.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 03, 2014, 11:12:59 pm »

Harbinger, I don't give a shit about any of that. You can call it irrelevant according to your own logic if you want, but that doesn't make it true. Leaving aside anything else, Daoto doesn't think she's going to die fighting Witches, and doesn't even know she can turn into a Witch, or what a Witch even is.

And as to dying automatically; why the fuck should they think they'll automatically die? That's not what fighting means by any definition of the word I can find, and they were told they had to fight witches. If they're good at it, they don't die, and they keep fighting.

Also, please, enlighten me on how they become witches if they keep their soul gem clean. And why, for that matter.

EDIT: Also, that's not at all what he said. He said he's unstable, but he said nothing about it being related to magic.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 03, 2014, 11:17:07 pm »

Basically, they eventfully become disillusioned and more sad with the whole 'fighting embodiments of humanity's despair' thing, slowly gathering more Grief until you turn into a witch.

That's the thing; no matter how much you clean it, you will end up witching out, unless you die first- and Puella Magi can pretty much only die by having their gem destroyed- in theory, if Hikari drilled a large hole into Daoto's head she could regenerate it. Hell, Hikari could do ANYTHING to Daoto and as long as her gem is intact, she lives.

Or, of course, Kyubey being an asshole, he probably did some shenanigans to ensure all Puella Magi end up witches no matter what to provide himself with an infinite supply of enemies to send Puella Magi to fight.

It's not even the GM's rule, it's how the world works. Not arguing with you, just explaining how it is, if it seems like I am.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:18:47 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 03, 2014, 11:25:59 pm »

Harbinger, I don't give a shit about any of that. You can call it irrelevant according to your own logic if you want, but that doesn't make it true. Leaving aside anything else, Daoto doesn't think she's going to die fighting Witches, and doesn't even know she can turn into a Witch, or what a Witch even is.Also, please, enlighten me on how they become witches if they keep their soul gem clean. And why, for that matter.
It is not irrelevant to the character themself (yet). It is irrelevant to how badly off the character is, or will be in a very short time. Also, if she seriously thinks that spending the rest of her life fighting magical murder monsters is not going to kill her, she might want to think about it for a while. Or not, actually, because the prospect of inevitable death does tend to speed up the Witch conversion, so there's that.

And as to dying automatically; why the fuck should they think they'll automatically die? That's not what fighting means by any definition of the word I can find, and they were told they had to fight witches. If they're good at it, they don't die, and they keep fighting.
Yes. Until the next fight kills them. Or the one after that. Or the one after that. Or any of the fights they will be in for the rest of their lives.

Also, please, enlighten me on how they become witches if they keep their soul gem clean. And why, for that matter.
There's more to avoiding witchification than just feeding on grief seeds every so often. Calling it a buildup of despair is quite literal.

EDIT: Also, that's not at all what he said. He said he's unstable, but he said nothing about it being related to magic.
"I'm... unstable. Unpredictable. A danger to myself and everyone around me. Irrational. Delusional. I'm a ticking timebomb.
"I will eventually go nuts and put everyone around in danger because I'm non compos mentis" + has dangerous magic = people are in danger of being killed by that magic.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 03, 2014, 11:27:29 pm »

Really, short of somebody doing anything to dispel the illusion that we're in a magical girl show IC, we're all technically fucked. :P
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 97