Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild  (Read 15888 times)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2014, 01:06:33 pm »

Look at the gun and see if I can use it or if any of the accessories would fit my pistols.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2014, 01:20:44 pm »

You can hardly use it - it's grip is not pistol-like, but a rifle-like, and is far too small for you, not speaking about how small is the trigger for you. As for accessories, there is a ramrod, cleaning tools (unfitting for your gorgeous guns), and a bipod.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:23:05 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2014, 01:24:03 pm »

Look through the other crates to make an inventory of our supplies. Reseal each crate as I go.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2014, 01:40:39 pm »

300 cans of meat
700 bullets for pistols
2000 bullets for rifles
2000 bullets for machinegun
6 compasses
700 liters of gasoline
One of the crates is filled with various expendable details from truck's engine and a repair kit for wheels.
One of the crates contains something like a big tent. Closer inspection shows that it is intended to cover the trunk of your truck.
One crate contains six thick blankets and six lighters.

((before you ask, none of said bullets fit for your guns))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2014, 01:45:39 pm »

(( Kinda figured. It'd take a sniper rifles bulllets to fit mine. Gonna have to watch my shots. ))

Grab a compass then look outside to see what's going on.
Now it never would.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2014, 01:49:44 pm »

(( Kinda figured. It'd take a sniper rifles bulllets to fit mine. Gonna have to watch my shots. ))

Grab a compass then look outside to see what's going on.
On the left, the plains of corn  are. They seem to be endless, but you bet they aren't. On the left, trucks loaded with other auxiliaries are (see description above)
Sigs

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2014, 01:52:16 pm »

"Hey how long before we arrive?"
Now it never would.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2014, 01:52:51 pm »

"Ah, I heard that front was some nasty business. I got lucky, really, the orcs weren't all that big on tactics, and fighting the elves was pretty straightforward. Just the night raids got pretty bad after while. Nothing like waking up to see that your buddy one foxhole over got his throat slit."

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2014, 02:03:40 pm »

Start a sign-language conversation with the elf ahead - offer to trade some meat for some tobacco.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2014, 02:09:38 pm »

"Ah, I heard that front was some nasty business. I got lucky, really, the orcs weren't all that big on tactics, and fighting the elves was pretty straightforward. Just the night raids got pretty bad after while. Nothing like waking up to see that your buddy one foxhole over got his throat slit."
- Yes. My elder son served on elven front. Used to write me. Never came back. Asked for a transfer when I recovered. Learned what they did to him. Found bastards. Killed their wives and children in front of them. Then skinned them alive with a shovel. Would kill more of them, the War ended.

"Hey how long before we arrive?"
- We get out of Empire in two and a half days. And then off we go for as long as we last.

Start a sign-language conversation with the elf ahead - offer to trade some meat for some tobacco.
Elf signs back - no tobacco here as well. Elf smiles to you, however. [con:5] Something catches your eye in that elf. This figure hidden under the rags. This shape of the face, those facial features. This is a female. Now you see it.
Sigs

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2014, 02:12:29 pm »

As soon as the convoy stops, go over there and start a conversation.

"So how'd someone like you end up in this heap of cannonfodder?"
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2014, 02:20:35 pm »

As soon as the convoy stops, go over there and start a conversation.

"So how'd someone like you end up in this heap of cannonfodder?"

((Yeah, almost forgot, a stop...))

The truck in front of you slows down, so do you. Guys in front of you cry something like: "a stop for half an hour, pass further".
The trucks stop and a folks of all sorts drop out of those to tretch their legs and walk a bit, especially drivers.

Borkum wanders around the said elf and asks her the said question. Her eyes go wide:
- Shhhh! Please don't reveal me... How did you know? Was it my father who sent you? Please leave me alone!
Sigs

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2014, 02:24:46 pm »

Look around camp for any of my own species. Or any Elves. (( Are we all one company or several small ones? ))
Now it never would.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2014, 02:26:34 pm »

"mmHmm" Oscar intones noncommitadly. Darn, he's one of them he thought, Made the war too personal and got carried away. I'll have to watch myself him, no matter how much I might like the man.

Oscar gets out of the truck as they stop, and stretches his legs. He sees Borkum talk to someone from another truck, and walks over to him.

Maybe the thiefling won't hate me just for being human

"Heya, Borkum, how's my driving?" Oscar asks, with a small grin.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2014, 02:30:56 pm »

Look around camp for any of my own species. Or any Elves. (( Are we all one company or several small ones? ))
((You are all individual groups of six, five soldiers - one officer - one truck. Also, you are not in any camp, you just stopped in a huge line along the road))
There is a surprisingly big amount of elves here, though you cannot see any of your kind.

Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16