Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild  (Read 15829 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2014, 09:42:51 am »

(( Hmm may well have to do that, I can probably buy some bullets but not enough. What skill do I begin with? The gunslinger skill same as the previous game or something new? ))
((Fighting rules wil be different here, so your skill won't work properly and therefore voids. You each will get a special skill on your level 2.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2014, 09:44:02 am »

(( Darn thought I still had it, I took extra strength and stamina expecting the skill to cover for my comparatively low con. This could be an issue. Low con and very limited ammo. Well when I run out of ammo I've got claws and I'm fast as hell. ))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2014, 09:45:03 am »

((You each will get a special skill on your level 2.))
((Ah, most excellent, I already know what I want. I just hope I'll survive to that point.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2014, 10:39:39 am »

Get into drivers seat and follow the column

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2014, 10:41:01 am »

"Hey Bokrum your a smart man right? I have a proposition for you."
"I've been told I'm quite sharp, yes - what can I do for you?"
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2014, 10:42:53 am »

Look and see if there are any other dragonborn riding about in the column aside from my charming companion. If I have noticed anyone like that so far, so to speak. If not, rejoice!

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2014, 10:48:25 am »

"Do you think you could create bullets for my gun if I gave you one to work from? They may prove difficult for me to acquire out here."

(( Does that mean no combat skills at all btw? ))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 10:50:20 am by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2014, 11:13:25 am »

"Do you think you could create bullets for my gun if I gave you one to work from? They may prove difficult for me to acquire out here."

(( Does that mean no combat skills at all btw? ))
((Why, you will have those afterwards. It's like, each level you get I'll enroll a list of available perks.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2014, 01:25:18 pm »

"I'll see what I can do... You'll need to watch my back, though, or I won't be able to make too many."
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2014, 01:51:20 pm »

"That's already my job so not a problem."
Now it never would.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2014, 02:20:15 pm »

Your path lies across different places. You saw almost endless fields of corn. You passed through the small city with no stops to guarantee nobody will leave even before you cross the first mountain chain. You then passed a few smaller towns, still in the stage of construction, with steel carcasses protruding to the skies. Finally, you are riding through the deserted rocky landscape. You see colossal mountains chain... with a big hole where you are riding to. It seems like if a titanic tooth was removed from the jaw and left a hole which completely shouldn't be there. Through this hole your way lies. As you pass through, you mention that the surface of mountain on the both sides of the road are smooth, except being engraved with some weird pattern, angled, twisted and smooth-lined at once. In a short while, you ride straight to the Desert of the Wild, which appears to lie on the other side of the mountain chain you crossed.
Here, the column separates. The trucks in front of you go to the right, trucks behind you go to the left, you are in centre. Decimus explains, that further path is drawn on the map like parallel lines across the Wildland, and you had the one which leads you across the burning desert.
Anyway, it just starts to cool down a bit here as the sun goes down, so you are getting a break before a night-driving session. Under the seat in the cabin it turned out to be a gasoline burner, suitable for heating the canned food up and boiling water, if you would have any someday. Also a lamp fuelled with gasoline.
Sigs

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2014, 02:39:50 pm »

((Wait, what? What kind of an army doesn't feed its troops for three days straight? Not a victorious one, definitely. Someone teach these guys logistics.))

Examine the healing of the wound silently.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2014, 02:46:41 pm »

((Wait, what? What kind of an army doesn't feed its troops for three days straight? Not a victorious one, definitely. Someone teach these guys logistics.))

Examine the healing of the wound silently.

((Two words: canned food))

[sta:5]You generally do well. It still gonna hurt until it completely regenerates in a week or so, but generally nothing dangerous. Surprisingly. You are a lucky fellow.
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2014, 02:48:03 pm »

"Well!"

See if I can find any food in the area! Perhaps an animal carcass somebody didn't bother to finish up! Or some roadkill! Or edible plants! And some ditchwater or something of that sort - make a pot of Kraka-Tarr's Mystery Stew, a recipe of hobo-style improvisation I have perfected through ages of practice in my fleeing days, out of all of what I find, using a self-built fire to heat it up! Make sure I've preserved some of the used (or unused and empty - I assumed the ones we had were full, but you never know!) cans of food we had along the way - keep leftovers of my stew in those!

Also, what kind of desert is the Desert of the Wild? More a subtropical desert, a semi-arid area, a sort of inland desert like the Gobi, or something else entirely? Does it have cacti?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 03:02:18 pm by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2014, 02:53:15 pm »

Oscar gets out of the truck, streching his arms over his head.

"Allright lads and lasses, let's have some chow before we ride on. It's going to be a whole night of driving, but I'll try not to intentionally drive over any major bumbs in the road. We've got a gasoline burner inside of the cabin of you want your food heated up, but I don't know how much gasoline we'll have, so try and conserve it, eh?"

Grab a can of food, open can of food, consume can of food cold and drink some water from my canteen.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16