Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild  (Read 15840 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries II: To the Wild
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2014, 06:30:26 am »

(( Doesnt the story kind of fall apart if your trying to explain how all dragonborn women live in isolation in dragonborn land to a person who has met a dragonborn woman outside dragonborn land? ))

((Not... exactly. I can elaborate, but not right here. PMs, if you wish for me to spell it out.))

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2014, 06:36:29 am »

(( Sure I'm curious what you meant. But in this setting in the previous incarnation dragonborn women were accepted as warriors and highly regarded as such.
As far as I'm aware this is the same world. ))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2014, 06:37:27 am »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2014, 07:01:24 am »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2014, 07:12:52 am »

Kraka-Tarr clears his throat and takes a sip from his stale water can, then whispers further.

Spoiler: Heard Only By Oscar (click to show/hide)
fukken saved
What have you done to my race of noble and wise masculine warriors and philosophers?!
I love the story overall, it makes sense in general. But not here. I don't even mention that it contradicts Alexandria's bio, we could fix it, but by the love of the whole pantheon, no, please. I could even accept this, for I try to endorse players' creativity, but no crossdressers and fag-dragonborn in my grimdark humanazi setting, please. Do something to this strory which would just stress the importance of females in their society as of a very valuable and rare reproductive resource. Iа you and Alexandria would elaborate a new version, I would be completely happy. I think I can trust Alexandria in understanding of my opinion, so do the thing.

((Due to the issues with setting-making, please hold your answer for a while. Let's rewind back to 10 minutes before departure, when you just finished with dwarves, since you haven't done enough roleplay yet. Which reminds me...))

Waitwaitwait!
- Shhhh! Please don't reveal me... How did you know? Was it my father who sent you? Please leave me alone!
"I know nothing, I hear nothing, and I see nothing - at least nothing more than two ears and that striking face between them."
Offer her some of my snuff.
"You have a story, then? Stories are meant to be told - and you look like you could use an open ear, someone who listens."
She refuses from tobacco.
- I... I dare not reveal myself. In great danger I am now, but my beloved awaits me at the foot of the mountain. He is a wonderful, kind-hearted man, he refused to go to War and avoided draft, our parents never understood us both. With those money I bring, we could leave happily! Now go, and for the love of the nature, please keep my identity secret: I had to pretend a man to avoid harassment. And our officer, he is young but extremely nationalistic.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2014, 07:58:53 am »

fukken saved
What have you done to my race of noble and wise masculine warriors and philosophers?!
I love the story overall, it makes sense in general. But not here. I don't even mention that it contradicts Alexandria's bio, we could fix it, but by the love of the whole pantheon, no, please. I could even accept this, for I try to endorse players' creativity, but no crossdressers and fag-dragonborn in my grimdark humanazi setting, please. Do something to this strory which would just stress the importance of females in their society as of a very valuable and rare reproductive resource. Iа you and Alexandria would elaborate a new version, I would be completely happy. I think I can trust Alexandria in understanding of my opinion, so do the thing.

((PM sent with elaborations and alternatives!))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2014, 09:01:36 am »

I just realized a thing:

300 cans of meat
700 bullets for pistols
2000 bullets for rifles
2000 bullets for machinegun
6 compasses
700 liters of gasoline
One of the crates is filled with various expendable details from truck's engine and a repair kit for wheels.
One of the crates contains something like a big tent. Closer inspection shows that it is intended to cover the trunk of your truck.
One crate contains six thick blankets and six lighters.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 15, 2014, 09:20:22 am »

No mescaline? How will we massacre innocents?

"A beloved, who you were parted from by cruel fate? I like this story - it's got everything! Someone should write a play about you, or something similar... Do not worry, I'll keep your secret. Take care - I'll see you at the next stop!"
And with a wink, Borkum departs.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2014, 09:22:34 am »

(( Dragonborn make the best guns right? Would I have the basic knowledge to make bullets or rather to reuse spent bullets? All you need to do assuming the bullet can be recovered intact is replace the casing and the charge and with only 12 bullets I may need to reuse rounds.

Actually. ))

"Hey Sir when we arrive I need to see the quartermaster. Gonna need to requisition some special rounds, fortunately I won't be needing armor."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:24:24 am by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2014, 09:23:41 am »

((Bullets won't stay intact; the casing usually will, though.))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 10:39:47 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2014, 09:25:58 am »

(( Well I kinda have to hope they do, my pistols fire bullets that dwarf a magnum round so bullets that fit my guns will be costly to buy. ))
Now it never would.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2014, 09:26:53 am »

((You could try casting your own, recycling the used ones for metal, but a fired round is usually badly deformed on impact.))
The Bay12 postcard club

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2014, 09:28:48 am »

(( I know but repacking a round I could reasonably do.
Luckily for me I don't need to spend money on armor. My scales beat anything we're going to afford for a while.

Actually you've given me an idea for once your in the truck. ))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:34:53 am by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2014, 09:35:44 am »

((You could learn basic gunsmithing at the next level, Alexandria, if you want: seems like this skill is important as hell in your case. However, you cannot remake your charges because you cannot replace the used primers in shells.))

"A beloved, who you were parted from by cruel fate? I like this story - it's got everything! Someone should write a play about you, or something similar... Do not worry, I'll keep your secret. Take care - I'll see you at the next stop!"
And with a wink, Borkum departs.
- Thank you, starnger. My your way be the safe one.
((Now back to the future; in trunk of the truck in moving column))
Sigs

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2014, 09:39:35 am »

(( Hmm may well have to do that, I can probably buy some bullets but not enough. What skill do I begin with? The gunslinger skill same as the previous game or something new? ))

"Hey Bokrum your a smart man right? I have a proposition for you."
Now it never would.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16