Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: A thousand days of battle [6/6]  (Read 5370 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: A thousand days of battle [Looking for players: 6/6]
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 04:40:56 pm »

Spoiler: Alexei Kuzmich Lurov (click to show/hide)
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 05:07:36 pm »

Spoiler: Alice Konciek (click to show/hide)

Wondering if the officer was smiling at her, she frowned. Even if that hadn't been a court-martial-able offence, she wasn't interested, especially not with a butcher general. She threw up a salute, turned and left.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

bawr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 06:07:26 pm »

Spoiler: John Sinclair (click to show/hide)

John just shrugged and gave his best crooked smile.

"Blow up a bridge and it's all water under the bridge, eh? Works for me. Do I get an extra pack of smokes as a future would be hero? A pipe, ideally, but we all make sacrifices. For the war effort, you see."

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 07:09:45 pm »

Spoiler: E. Herm (click to show/hide)

"Understood."
He seems unfazed

Herm glances at his team as they are dismissed.
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 08:45:02 pm »

Earlier, Dany was nervous, wondering if he had finally been caught out on his attempt to avoid work. However, what the General explained to them was less bad, although it still meant extra work.

Judging from the General's demeanor to him... -or was that towards the other female officer? He supposed that this will probably not be some sort of suicide mission after all. He studied the others in the room, some whose faces he is familiar with, and some who he isn't. Some are already leaving, it seems.

Spoiler: Dany Jaeger (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 03:10:13 am »

Spoiler: Zachary Adams (click to show/hide)
"Meh. More violence? At least it's blowing up a bridge, not people."
Zach observed the reactions of the people who were apparently going to be on a team with him. The young one, in particular, looked rather nervous. The guy with the curly black hair looked almost bored, though. Zach would have to watch him, make sure he didn't decide to blow up anything else on the mission.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 05:57:43 am »

After exiting the General's office, you are brought into a smaller, less fancy one. At the desk sits a man with dark, curly hair. On the table in front of him you see a map of the region; next to the table there are six backpacks with six weapons.
"I hadn't been expecting you so early - but the General was never a man of many words. Please, take a seat!" He points to a couple of chairs. "You already know your objective? The bridge in question is located here" - he taps the map - "right next to this village. The current front is located here, about thirty kilometers away. We'll send you in with a glider, but you need to land at a distance - there's a large amount of Flak in that village. If it wasn't, we'd just send a bomber, wouldn't we?" He chuckles. "You'll find everything you need in those backpacks over there. Reserves for around three days, canteens, sufficient ammunition, two grenades per person, gas masks, multi-purpose knives, and binoculars. There's navigation equipment and a folding shovel, too, plus the explosives necessary for your task. And tobacco, to calm your nerves. Do you expect house-to house fighting? If so, this flamethrower" - he whoops one out "may come in handy. Keep an eye on the weight, though."

Spoiler: bawr - John Sinclair (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Again_Dejavu - E. Herm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 06:11:49 am »

"How guarded will the bridge be?"
((How open are the areas surrounding the bridge according to the map, and what type of bridge is it?))

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 06:16:14 am »

"That's actually a good question. How guarded is the bridge? Also, can we expect reinforcements if things go south?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2014, 06:25:57 am »

Alexei inspects his gear silently, checking the condition of rifle and fixng the shovel close enough to draw it fast. Then he rolls some of tobacco given to him into the cigarette and lights it
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 06:31:31 am »

"Reinforcements? That far behind enemy lines? No, I'm afraid you're on your own after you've arrived. If you look at the map, you'll see that a few hundred meters upstream there's a small forest; otherwise, the area is flat or only slightly hilly. As for guards... Where there's AA installations, there's soldiers, but I don't think they're specifically guarding that bridge. It's not too convenient for them to use after all: A small, old stone bridge, to narrow even for a jeep to come across. Most supplies are delivered via pack animals, anyway, and their vehicles use a crossing some twenty kilometers to the south. As we're mostly done here, could you please wait or step outside to smoke? My lungs got messed up in a gas attack, and I just can't take the smoke."
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 06:35:13 am »

PTW.

Also, can I be waitlisted?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:41:27 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 06:36:22 am »

"A small forest, eh? Gonna have to remember that, might come in useful later. What else is there to discuss then?"

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 06:40:00 am »

"All of this just to annoy them? There can't be that much value from a bridge you can't even drive across."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2014, 06:42:24 am »

"I believe the general mentioned earlier this was one of their supply lines. They use pack animals to carry said supplies, right?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8