Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pennsylvania Body Farm?  (Read 3114 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Pennsylvania Body Farm?
« on: June 09, 2014, 01:51:48 pm »

So apparently there are places where you can have your body sent that use it to study decomposition and such.

The "main" one appears to be in Tennessee, but there is supposed to be one in Pennsylvania.

So, anyone have any idea how to reliably contact this? My mom has been trying to set something up for herself there and hasn't had any luck even determining if the Pennsylvania one exists.

Thanks in advance.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Pennsylvania Body Farm?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 01:59:45 pm »

Try contacting the state university? If anyone is going to know, it's going to be their med/science department.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 05:41:03 am »

Try contacting the state university? If anyone is going to know, it's going to be their med/science department.

Apparently that's exactly what my mom did. She says she emailed the guy in charge of forensics and hasn't gotten a response.

Indeed, I do this.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 02:21:11 pm »

Apparently that's exactly what my mom did. She says she emailed the guy in charge of forensics and hasn't gotten a response.
She could try other people in the department.  It may just be the email got lost or the person is not good at responding to people.  Send out a lot of bait, one of em will bite.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 02:55:47 pm »

Seems pretty typical. If it's that important, she'd be harder to ignore if she were to show up in person. Department heads get bothered with a lot of non-academic requests originating from outside the school, so sometimes you have to be extra assertive so they know they can't just ignore you (that is, ignore Jane Q. Citizen vs. Mr. Important From the Society of Will Write Nasty Letters.)
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 04:48:15 pm »

Seems pretty typical. If it's that important, she'd be harder to ignore if she were to show up in person. Department heads get bothered with a lot of non-academic requests originating from outside the school, so sometimes you have to be extra assertive so they know they can't just ignore you (that is, ignore Jane Q. Citizen vs. Mr. Important From the Society of Will Write Nasty Letters.)

Showing up in person isn't an option unfortunately. We live in Ohio, which is not Pennsylvania. Both our vans are...likely to break down first chance they get.

She could try other people in the department.  It may just be the email got lost or the person is not good at responding to people.  Send out a lot of bait, one of em will bite.

I'll suggest it and see whether she already did this.

Indeed, I do this.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 06:52:58 pm »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:21:02 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 06:56:35 pm »

Also, try calling.

Yeah, you'll eat the long distance charges but, and I say this as phone support, people are a lot more likely to try and get you an answer if they hear you as a person, vs. an email. Rather than a targeted strike at email addresses (which have the downside of being ignored as spam), you send a request from the bottom and it works its way up.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 11:28:56 pm »

Also, try the anthropology department. IIRC, that's who runs the Tennessee facility.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 10:36:36 am »

Also, try the anthropology department. IIRC, that's who runs the Tennessee facility.

She already called the Tennessee facility, and they told her they have nothing to do with the other body farms.

I'll keep you guys posted on any developments, but she's a stubborn bat and doesn't seem to be taking half of your advice :P

Indeed, I do this.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 07:58:26 pm »

They usually keep the locations secret, because they don't want 'tourists' disrupting the sites.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 03:43:45 pm »

"I came for the scenery. But I stayed for the cadavers!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 04:37:46 am »

And he founded two body farms, one in Tennessee, and another one at the other end of the US, at "Pennsylvania". :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.