Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: Jack's Simple BYOR: Game over! Town win!  (Read 53507 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [12/12]: Day 1 - Contrived Power Explanation
« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2014, 01:08:25 pm »

Is an unvote possible? Or is it too late?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2014, 01:09:33 pm »

Can't un-hammer; once it's done it's done.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2014, 01:15:05 pm »

Jackattack: If a third party fails their wincon, do they immediately leave the game or do they stick around as town-allies.

Jack: Will a lyncher's target always be a member of the town, or can a member of the mafia also be a lynch target?  Can a third party be the lynch target?
4maskwolf: In response to your first question, that depends on the kind of third party, but some types may become town-allies upon loss.  In response to your second and third questions, a lyncher's target cannot be guaranteed to be town, but would most likely be town.

((Darn it, I was still formulating a response to the request for a full claim; I would have done it))
flabort: And I'd love to have seen your claim.  For that matter, your powers in action.

Votecount:
*Persus13 - (0)
*flabort - Varee, Ottofar, 4maskwolf, EPenguin, MyOwnWorstEnemy, Jiokuy, Persus13 (7)
*TolyK - (0)
*Ottofar - PTDfun, flabort (2)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - TolyK (1)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*PTDfun - (0)
*EPenguin - (0)
*Jiokuy - (0)
*Hapah - (0)
*4maskwolf  - Toaster (1)
Not Voting: Hapah

flabort has been hammered!  Day 1 is over as of Persus's vote, making it a bit too late to unvote.  Writeup coming after I drink my tea.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [11/12]: Night 1 - I Liked That Role
« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2014, 01:55:39 pm »

A while before the coffee would run out, a majority of volunteers came to an agreement: flabort, who claimed that MyOwnWorstEnemy was his worst enemy and had to be killed, had to be killed.  Weapons were drawn.  This caused flabort to panic.  He began running chaotically all over the room, dodging attack after attack.  After a while, he started to make a beeline for the door.

Persus13 reacted quickly, grabbing the coffee maker and flinging it at flabort.  The coffee maker slammed into flabort's head, throwing him off balance.  His head went right through the thin wooden door.

He was no longer a threat to anyone.

Recognizing the importance of caffeine to their victory, the volunteers decided to sleep while the Foundation staff got a new (and somewhat less bloody and dented) coffee maker.

Day 1 has ended!
Votecount:
*Persus13 - (0)
*flabort - Varee, Ottofar, 4maskwolf, EPenguin, MyOwnWorstEnemy, Jiokuy, Persus13 (7)
*TolyK - (0)
*Ottofar - PTDfun, flabort (2)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - TolyK (1)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*PTDfun - (0)
*EPenguin - (0)
*Jiokuy - (0)
*Hapah - (0)
*4maskwolf  - Toaster (1)
Not Voting: Hapah

flabort has been lynched!  Flabort was a Turmite (Lyncher).
Quote from: Jack A T
*(Night) Mark [Target x2/Self]: You may mark two players. They will show up as marked the following day. You may target yourself with this power.
*(Day) Read [Target]: You read the infinite square grid, somehow learning whether your target took an action the previous night. Players who were blocked will show up as having not acted.
*(Auto) Absolute: You are immune to redirection and randomization.

Night 1 ends 9:00 PM PST Tuesday, July 1st.  Remember to send in your night actions (or lack thereof) by that time.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Simple BYOR [10/12]: Day 2 - The Wrong Crook, Caught
« Reply #229 on: July 01, 2014, 11:35:15 pm »

Most of the now somewhat less tired volunteers returned to the main room.  One did not.  Jiokuy's corpse was soon found in his personal room.  The cause of death could not be determined, but a search of his room revealed a few bags of diamonds, likely stolen.  A contact book on Jiokuy's desk held the names, e-mail addresses, and cell phone numbers of several Wikimedia Foundation employees.  However, nothing indicating a history of vandalism could be found.

Day 2 has begun!
Votecount:
*Persus13 - (0)
*TolyK - (0)
*Ottofar - (0)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*PTDfun - (0)
*EPenguin - (0)
*Hapah - (0)
*4maskwolf  - (0)
Not Voting: Everyone

Jiokuy has been killed!  Jiokuy was the Brussels Airport Diamond Heist (Town).
Quote from: Jack A T
*(Auto) Precision: You are immune to blocking, redirection, and randomization.
*(Night) Advise [Target]: You give your target some of the inside information you have. Your target's action will hit whoever they intended (cannot be blocked, redirected, randomized, protected against, etc.).
*(Night, 1-shot) Go Into Hiding: You go into hiding. All actions on you fail.

Day 2 ends 9:00 PM PST Thursday, July 3rd, or upon hammer (6 votes).  6 votes are required to extend.

Ottofar has been prodded.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:58:58 pm by Jack A T »
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 02, 2014, 12:26:45 am »

Oki so now what we got a murder on the loose and a lyncher dead
Maybe someone can shine a light on his?
Anyone notice any suspicious behavior?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 02, 2014, 05:39:07 am »

Hmm.
Dude. Apparently you were wrong with your pick, huh?

Nonsense aside, let's look at some facts.

12 players.
3 scum.
1 confirmed low-hostility third party.
Spoiler: PPE (click to show/hide)

Call me crazy, but either we have a fairly strong scum team, or we have yet another third party.
PPE: This was said before I read the end of the day.

Some notes (Reply # here):
(#138) Ottofar votes flabort with a reason Hapah just mentioned (and no actual question).
(#143) 4mask follows Toaster's post likewise.
(#163) Jiokuy, killed this night, posts this:
Spoiler: Joikuy's read post (click to show/hide)
Very logical post, eh? I think it deserves a bit of attention a bit later.

(#169) PTD made a good analysis, of which I would like to point out this:
MyOwnWorstEnemy: Null
Says he prefers to watch other players during RVS rather than asking his own questions. Says he uses his gut. His behavior has been consistent and his gut has been silent. He requested reads.
MOWE has requested reads of people, while using his gut. He prefers to watch other players instead of asking his own questions. Read: he likes others to do most of his work for him, then (after reading what other people think) make a "gut feeling" read of everyone that is consistent with other people's views. What did I say wrong here, MOWE?

Lets look at (#172) from 4mask:
A lot of reads go by post size and "content quality" (without actually saying what is so good about that content :P)

Back to MOWE:
(#175) I don't really see much from your gut feeling, sorry. The biggest damning factor is "a slight scum read" on 4mask because "something feels off".

(#185): Toaster unvotes me after pressure from two others to explain his reads.
but then he (#195) pressures 4mask and Flabort about not being sure of their wincons.
And then Flabort blows (up) his balloon on (#200, #204, #206) and it goes downhill.

(#217):
Well, since I'm probably going to be next up on the chopping block after Flabort because I was an idiot, I may as well claim now.
I am not town.  I am a survivor.  I am the plagues of egypt.

I have three powers and one auto, which apparently is a lot since my auto really sucks.
My powers are:

(Night) The First Plague [target]: You turn water into blood and suffuse it into your target, protecting them.
(Night, 1-shot) The Ninth Plague: You bring darkness upon the building, randomizing all players.
(Night, 1-shot) The Last Plague [target]: You kill the target.  This kill ignores all protects on the target.
(Auto) Stench of Death: You show up as mafia to inspects.

I do not impede the town wincon as a survivor, so there shouldn't be much of a problem there.  Otherwise, you all have fun killing each other, I'm going to be helping the town if possible.
Second claim of the game. Survivor's a good one to claim, especially with a Miller-auto. Only one problem - survivors can side with mafia as well, 4mask, so it would help your survivor-self if you would cooperate.
But the problem is, if you show up as scum, then there's no way to check your claim short of an ability-cop. That's not good. Do you have any ideas how to fix this, 4mask?

Oh, and Persus hammered. Don't forget that.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 02, 2014, 05:39:41 am »

Yes, this is why I have a hard time playing forum mafia "correctly". :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 02, 2014, 08:21:20 am »

You're welcome.

Anyway, that hammer was stupid.  4mask, the survivor, claimed a kill; we should have forced him to use it on the lyncher on threat of death.

Anyway, will have to go back over things with the new information; sadly, I got on to post right as the hammer fell.

Call me crazy, but either we have a fairly strong scum team, or we have yet another third party.

I disagree.  Three scum with twelve players is mafia-sided, especially if there's a lyncher and survivor in the mix; I posit there are no further third parties, and that the scum's power is lukewarm and/or well countered by town power.  That said, I don't think Jack's hosted anything that wasn't a structured gametype (like his BM and NSBM) so I can't guarantee the power balance is even.

In any case, you're almost certainly not a Mafia-Ally!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 02, 2014, 09:06:12 am »

I'll post in a bit, pfp right now, but Jack: Can a randomized scumkill target a member of the scum team?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 02, 2014, 11:41:41 am »

Jack: Can a randomized scumkill target a member of the scum team?
Yes.  The killer cannot end up committing suicide, but teammates can become targets.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

PTDfun

• Bay Watcher
  • Blob...
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2014, 04:59:13 pm »

I'm sick. (I can't think when I'm sick)

Persus13: Why did you hammer instead of letting the day end (with more time to question flabort)?

Wand of Not Touching - The target thinks they have been poked. Range of one cm.
I want one of these.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2014, 05:09:28 pm »

(#169) PTD made a good analysis, of which I would like to point out this:
MyOwnWorstEnemy: Null
Says he prefers to watch other players during RVS rather than asking his own questions. Says he uses his gut. His behavior has been consistent and his gut has been silent. He requested reads.
MOWE has requested reads of people, while using his gut. He prefers to watch other players instead of asking his own questions. Read: he likes others to do most of his work for him, then (after reading what other people think) make a "gut feeling" read of everyone that is consistent with other people's views. What did I say wrong here, MOWE?
1. I'm a woman.
2. Haven't I explained why I prefer to watch instead of ask questions when someone else questioned my tactics? I play in a way that I'm comfortable with and one that has worked for me in the past.
3. My reads are not simply "gut feelings." I take into account actions, what has been said, post count and content. If my gut tells me there's something wrong, I'll look into it. Gut isn't proof. It just allows a focus.

The brunt of your arguement here seems to revolve around the fact that you don't like how I play the game.

Back to MOWE:
(#175) I don't really see much from your gut feeling, sorry. The biggest damning factor is "a slight scum read" on 4mask because "something feels off".
You're not supposed to get much from it. And giving someone a "very slight scum lean" because of a gut feeling is damning? I only actually went after him after the wincon debate when I had a bit of proof beyond the "something feels off." I had a null or neutral read on everyone else, so the gut feeling did factor in.

You are not exempt from my read request. Please post your reads.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 03, 2014, 01:03:27 am »

Votecount:
*Persus13 - (0)
*TolyK - (0)
*Ottofar - (0)
*Varee - (0)
*Toaster - (0)
*MyOwnWorstEnemy - (0)
*PTDfun - (0)
*EPenguin - (0)
*Hapah - (0)
*4maskwolf  - (0)
Not Voting: Everyone

Day 2 ends 9:00 PM PST Thursday, July 3rd, or upon hammer (6 votes).  6 votes are required to extend.

Ottofar has disappeared, and shall be replaced.  notquitethere, the first player on the replacement list, has been contacted.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 03, 2014, 04:22:28 am »

Jack is definitely asleep right now, but I'm in the game to replace Ottofar. Don't know what my role is yet.

Anyone who is awake fancy updating me to the relevant happenings in the game thus far? I'll eventually read the thread, but in the mean time...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30