Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Harvestcoast - A new, smelly surprise around every corner [Turn 9 complete!]  (Read 42777 times)

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Harvestcoast - Centaurs Hate You [Turn 4 complete, need overseers!]
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2014, 07:17:23 am »

Ekhm..

Excerpts from "Dhoor's Journal", Harvestcoasts overseer during goblin siege in year 155 (probably late spring).

"...and who would know that Snodub wasn't as dumb as she looked like? We were excepting she would lead her raiders inside, where we were waiting. Instead she sent down trolls. We were surprised but we did hold the ground, our soldiers did well. Now I think that it was time when I should have abandon the plan, but I didn't..."

"...when messenger confused my orders and wrong lever was pulled, chaos broke into our lines. Water mixed with blood everywhere..."

Tonight (within 10-12 hours aprox.) I will post whole year.
(and is there a way to sort out combat reports, maybe some logs in DF files?)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:57:59 am by dwarobaki »

sensei_shade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2014, 07:51:57 am »

the gamelog? although that's even less organized then the announcements in-game.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2014, 03:33:29 pm »

Just got to this thread, and PTW.

Also, Houn, the art is AMAZING.  The elk-bird riding goblin was completely epic win, though all are great.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2014, 07:16:00 pm »

Just got to this thread, and PTW.

Also, Houn, the art is AMAZING.  The elk-bird riding goblin was completely epic win, though all are great.

Thanks so much :D I can't wait for Dhoor's year to come out so I have more to do ahaha.

_______

And Dwarobaki, Snodub is female!  Says so in her info thing that I posted  :)

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:18:55 pm by Hounskull »

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2014, 11:40:34 am »

Dhoors Journal year 155 first part

21st Granite

Almost everything is ready. Snodub and her campanions loiter around one of the small lakes on the plateau. I figured out that to get her inside without trolls and footgoblins I will open an entrance next to her by drainig that pool.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Marksdwarves on the right side, behind fortifications and Armored Savages on the left to get them from behind the wall. We are wainting for the right moment to come.

29th Granite

That little boy encouraged us more then anything. He's just 2 years old...

Thikut killing a goblin, it has to be a good sign! I' m sure we will make it!
Let the goblins loose!

3rd Felsite
Last month was the time of blood and pain... she was just a damn goblin and who would know that Snodub wasn't as dumb as she looked like? We were excepting she would lead her raiders inside, where we were waiting. Instead she sent down trolls. We were surprised but we did hold the ground, our soldiers did well. Now I think that it was time when I should have abandon the plan, but I didn't.
Now I'll try to sketch and describe what happend.
When the water got shallow enough there were some movements aboveground. Two crawlers, but without raiders, rushed down the corridor. They were quickly shot down and when we were wondering where are is rest of them few trolls showed up. It wasn't what we were waiting for but I've ordered closing the bridge and we sloughtered them, without casualties among dwarves.

It seemed so easy when I was standing there among dwarves eager to kill. I was sure nothing could go wrong. "Lower the bridge! We're gonna show'em what we're made off!
But she was just waiting there, on the bank.

More trolls and goblins was sent down on us. We fought them, but this time it wasn't so easy. Beirus II got some bruises and one of the marksdwarves was wounded. And some of our dogs were unable to fight anymore. Again, brigde was closed.

Immediately after closing the brigde Snodub started getting away, at lest it seemed so...

I was blinded by the bloodlust and bridge was lowered again. Tens of goblins and trolls rushed in. I've come to my senses pretty quickly and shouted commands but when messenger confused my orders and wrong lever was pulled, chaos broke into our lines. Water mixed with blood everywhere, We were cut out from fortress. I don't know what happend there, I was shouting, Beirus II was lying in the water defending himself, trolls and goblins were dying. Suddenly someone understood what is hapennig. Bridges where switched and we've managed to fight them off. There were strange little bodies scattered around but I didn't think about it. Again only one thing was in my head, Snodub is so close, just behind that bridge... "Lower it!"

We did it. Again I've lost myself in some kind of trance. There's one thing I remember as clear as nothing else. Thikut and her axe...

How I wished it was my axe! I've almost attacked Thikut. Nonetheless I was happy. We've won, siege was broken, Snodub killed.

After a while I realised what happend... and I'm sorry.

12th Felsite

Beirus II, Thikut, Risen and Atis are severly wounded and Icecoon diagnosed infection in every single wound they got. Two babies were sloughtered and ripped apart by trolls. It's not how it supposed to be.
I feel responsible for that, I should have arranged ammo stockpiles, cornered fortifications...
But first of all I should have stop it when I knew that Snodub isn't going to step down into our trap so easily...

I'm reorganizing our militia - no female dwarves, except the really talented ones. Smaller squads, constant training - we'll be prapared. And of course soap, and well in hospital, and tables.

15th Felsite

I hope Houn will like it, I would like it. At least it's some kind of succes... Snodubs head, near her bed, Snodubs body, that's so bawdy. Ha ha.
And that kid who made the Ring, I officially declare him The Prophet.

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2014, 11:58:28 am »

Because of facts that are beyond my power I probably will not finish year 155 before tuesday. Now I'm at the begining of autumn. No progress from yesterday. I'll post rest of the spring and summer entries today but maybe (if the delay seems too long) someone should grab my autumn save and continue?
I'd like to finish my year but I'll pass it for the sake of story flow and fun ;)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2014, 12:00:44 pm »

Snodub.once a mighty goblin general riding a badass elk bird,now a decoration in Dhoor and Houn's room(i guess it's worth the smell and the miasma)

nice update,dwarobaki.i can't wait till the axe gets named.

btw,how is Crazyduck doing?any relationships?did she gain any levels in weaponsmithing,armorsmithing or regular smithing?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:18:21 am by than402 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2014, 12:04:15 pm »

Did Beirus II get any kills?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2014, 12:52:44 pm »

Beirus got 1 kill, a goblin. He surely helped a lot I'm pretty sure he chopped few goblin and troll parts away during that mess. He's now third best axedwarf after Dhoor and Thikut, and he's commander of his own squad. Unfortunately he has lost ability to grasp because of the infected wounds, so he's leading shield and fighting demonstrations without shield or axe...  8)

Crazyduck is our best armorer (9 or 10), no lovers;) a lot of friends including of course: Zaerosz, Houn, Dhoor, Benev and Icecoon.

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2014, 07:34:38 pm »

ahaha, perfect. Such an appropriate decoration for the bedroom loool. Nice work bringing down the General :)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2014, 08:40:58 pm »

Because of facts that are beyond my power I probably will not finish year 155 before tuesday. Now I'm at the begining of autumn. No progress from yesterday. I'll post rest of the spring and summer entries today but maybe (if the delay seems too long) someone should grab my autumn save and continue?
I'd like to finish my year but I'll pass it for the sake of story flow and fun ;)
Post the save if you like, snackfox can decide whether they want to just play half a year, a full year, or all the way until the end of the next year. Or you could just keep going, if you want to.
くコ:彡

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2014, 04:25:01 am »

Dhoors Journal

23rd Felsite

Looks like that after all we have been through Zearosz decided to throw a party. It's nice, I guess, we need some joy. I didn't go, there are few things I have to take care of.
New, huge wave of migrants arrived, 38 dwarves, almost half of them children. We are running low on bedrooms, we will start making new ones soon. Meanwhile an elven caravan arrived. They didn't bring anything particulary interesting. We got some logs, cloth and fruits. No sugar cane seeds Zaerosz wanted. Maybe humans will bring some.

29th Felsite

One of the dwarves, down in caverns, sounded an alarm. He saw something big flying around. It looks like we have some uninvited guest from depths of the world...

I'm sealing off the caverns for now. I'll have to figure out how to deal with that beast without risking anyones life. We have enough things to do closer to the surface.

14th Hematite

Well, it supposed to be well and it should end well, but...

And that's it for now in the matter of newly carved hospital Houn made. I'm glad that everyone got out, Houn and other miners made it just in time before whole room was filled with water. Houn asked if I'm sure what I'm doing and I was...
Now we will make adjustments in old hospital and no well, at least for some time.

24th Hematite

Yesterday Benev asked if i can spare some time and talk with him. After the time he was almost shot to death he's even more "specific" then before, but I like him, his one of my best friends. He wants me to build set of cottages on sea shore and let goblins, centaurs and other creatures live in them. And he even mentioned something about that visitors paying for accomodation... For me, the only acceptable currency would be their blood, but I'm simple dwarf. I told him that I will think about it. And I think I've found solution, at least for a time. Zaerosz few months after we settled here confessed that he really wanted to live here all by himself...
So, we are building a Cottage on the sea shore. It will be Zaerosz little hermitage. I will tell Benev that's the start of experimental Sea Side Resort program that needs to be verified carefully before we let any guest in and Zaerosz is our lead Quality Control Officer. (All those strange names and functions Benev mentioned during our conversation...) Everyone's happy I guess.

23rd Malachite

More migrants and human caravan - no sugar cane and usual buying: cloth, leather, wood. We are struggling with armoring the militia, Crazyduck's doing her best and she's making armor faster then smelters can make steel bars. And we are runnig out of coal, time to designate new areas for mining (and Houn mentioned it weeks ago and I didn't listen). I have to admit that when we were besieged things looked a lot simpler...

28th Malachite

I can't sleep, I feel like something's hounting our halls.

1st Galena

It looks like some strange entity really haunted our halls and it got Toll. Luckily he just closed himself in workshop and he's working.

8th Galena

Toll got back to senses, he doesn't remember anything but it turns out he made a rock bed: Cosmosgraves it is.

This reminded me about our beloved Queen... Zaerosz expedition was a real gift of fate, I don't know what would happend with me If I had stayed in Mountainhome.

9th Galena

I still can't sleep. I thought that it was because the thing that got Zaerosz but apparently it's not.

10th Galena

There it is, a little one. I'm so sorry little guy. We will fix this as soon as possible.

12th Galena

He's been put to rest finally. I can sleep now. I hope that was last time we have lost any babies because of commanders stupidity. Time to move on.
Zaerosz cottage is almost finished. Just few more days.

23rd Galena

There it is! 

View from the beach:

And from the back:

I've chained some Zaerosz trained creatures in front of the entrance: two crawlers and elk bird. They were little upset about the sun, but got used to it quite quickly. It's nice end of summer I think. And our militia is getting better really fast, I'm happy.
There's one drawback however. Me and Houn don't spend as much time togetheras I wish, but all is not lost that is delayed.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2014, 05:17:37 am »

...elk birds and voracious cave crawlers. Are those, perchance, from the siege? Because if they are, and they murder me, I'm coming back to haunt your ass.

I do like the cottage, though.
くコ:彡

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2014, 06:00:12 am »

I'M GONNA DRAW THE HELL OUT OF THAT FORGOTTEN BEAST.

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2014, 06:25:07 am »

Or you could just keep going, if you want to.
Then I'll try to finish my year as fast as possible.

Are those, perchance, from the siege?
Of course they are from siege :D
But don't worry! I've managed to push few months further and we are in late autumn now. Along with dwarven  caravan some more goblin meat crawled out of their holes and those 3 beasts are dead already. (Un)fortunately.

I'M GONNA DRAW THE HELL OUT OF THAT FORGOTTEN BEAST.
I'm really looking forward to it. :)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26