Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: Harvestcoast - A new, smelly surprise around every corner [Turn 9 complete!]  (Read 42719 times)

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Harvestcoast - The Odd Little Fort By The Sea
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2014, 02:31:49 am »

I passed by the hospital to see how Dhoor is doing.Sadly,the doctors weren't very optimistic.

When I read that, I expected nothing more but nice slab for Dhoor in next few weeks/months...

18th Sandstone,153
We've lost a baby to infection recently.We've got to start making soap.However,apparently Dhoor's infection has passed.Or so the doctors say.

But now I hope doctors are right ;)
May I ask for some more details of what happend to Dhoor?

Things are getting more and more interesting :)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2014, 02:41:09 am »

goblin hammermen happened.it was in the first siege,where beirus died.they broke a limb(i think it was an arm because it needed immobilization),and then he was sent to the hospital.i went to check out how he was doing,and he had infection.i waited for the inevitable,but after months have passed,nothing happened.so i checked him out again,and he was fine...

also,i am sick of dffd not uploading my file.i'm using another site.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2014, 02:49:52 am »

there we are :)

it's the first time i'm using the site,and i kinda done goof with the tilesets,but i don't think there will be an issue

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h6v1eat0zibsbgb/region2.rar

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2014, 02:50:25 am »

Oh, by the way, than42...I note you seem to be using a tileset. I recently learned that to fix a game with tilesets installed, you need either the lazy newb pack or a set of the raws the world was genned with. I have neither, since the world was modded. Does the version you uploaded still have the tiles installed?
If the save graphics are borked when you download it, I can just chuck you the files. Or you could download an earlier save, and grab the raws out of that.
くコ:彡

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2014, 02:51:46 am »

hmmm,do you think there will be a problem?

oh,one more thing:i am leaving in some hours,so if escordida does not download the save until i'm gone,i would like someone to download the save first,see if it works for them,and if not i will upload another one.i will be back in sunday.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:56:31 am by than402 »

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2014, 02:56:04 am »

hmmm,do you think there will be a problem?
Considering I just listed both ways to fix any issues that may crop up, no.
くコ:彡

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2014, 03:15:23 am »

so...is the save ok?

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2014, 03:19:43 am »

I was out hunting, and was closing in on a shot, when an idiot peasant tried, of all things he could have been doing, to ride one of the centaurs.

I absolutely love these journals ahaha  :D
______

Finally finished a portrait of the vampire queen. I considered drawing the entire door, but a portrait was more my thing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No idea what she actually looks like but who can argue with spooky lighting.
Got it finished just before my cat decided to walk all over my wacom. I'm actually fairly pleased with this one, I might put a few more hours into it down the line.

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2014, 03:22:07 am »

creepy,pale skin and red eyes...yup.that's exactly how an ancient vampire aristocrat would look.again,great job,Hounskull

Icecoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2014, 03:31:53 am »

Nice art Houn. ;D

I can't wait until someone discovers the 'surprise' I added via modding. It's already been hinted at, but it doesn't seem to have quite attracted anyone's attention just yet.

Also, Icecoon-dwarf is a woman.

i believe i did.a door betrayed it,but more on that later.

What surprise? What door? :o
edit: Oh I got it, it's morning and I didn't had coffee yet.  :D

Also:
Nice update than  :)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:55:05 am by Icecoon »
"This is a well crafted billon statue of Urist McChickenlover.
The item is a well-designed image Urist McChickenlover the dwarf and a chicken in billon.
Urist McChickenlover is embracing the chicken."

Colony Alpha <<<Warhammer 40k, Squats, Orkz, Eldar and more... >>>

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2014, 03:37:08 am »

thank you.

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2014, 03:48:01 am »

Thanks peeps c: I'm trying to do at least one picture for each entry. Can't wait for the next update 8D

than402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2014, 03:53:09 am »

i'm gonna become tiresome,but i'm leaving in a few hours and i want to know if the save i uploaded works.can someone please download it and try it out?

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2014, 03:54:17 am »

Here's another entry. Hopefully you guys like it.

Felsite 7, 152
Why did it have to be dogs and spiders? I've been stuck inside, because apparently the centaurs have gotten aggressive enough that we've no other choice than to hunker down and work inside. They've had me training animals to guard us, and while the spiders aren't too bad, the dogs have been, besides a reminder of the unpleasantness I went through back home, they've been nearly untrainable. I'm so exhausted I really have nothing more to say, other than the fact that Dhoor has killed a few of the centaurs. That's all for now.

Granite 1, 153
What a year this has been! I've had a whole lot of experiences, and the whole thing has reminded me a bit too much about my life before I came out here, so I decided to wait until after the New Years celebration, hoping a New Year's drink or three would clear my head. So here it is, and this will be quick, but my head hurts too much to write much more. The centaurs left, and some elves showed up kitted out for trade. They haven't left yet, so I assume they think they're camping or something. They look a little loony, and the betting has already started about when they're going to snap. My plump helmets say they'll last about another year, but who knows? 
The goblins showed up, and we've lost 2 children, along with Udib, Lokum, And Edem, at their hands. I was present at the largest battle, and I saw Udib fall, but all I was able to do was ping some bolts at the gobbos. I'm glad of this, because I was feeling dangerously close to an "episode", and getting anywhere closer might have brought one on.
An immense amount of excavation has occurred, audible from all over the fort, and I can only say that my brain admires the overseer's industrious conduct, even if my ears don't. Unfortunately, the large amount of empty passages has played straight into the hands of a pair of bloodsuckers who took the opportunity to suck three citizens dry. They were found and eradicated, just like Louse Men deal with sick members of their tribes. I admire the goal if not the conduct of these executions. I think I've already talked about my thoughts on that.
Finally, we've killed a werebear, set up a real militia, traded with the humans, and grown to become a real fortress with 70 dwarves and dwarflings. We've also captured a great number of animal people, and I wonder if they could be convinced of the greatness of Dwarfdom, while still retaining their honorable spirit. I will try myself to bring them to the glory of Armok. I haven't had to deal with my problem recently, and am beginning to hope this is the start of my redemption. I may yet see Armok's halls.

Sorry that's so ridiculously long, I started and just had too much to say. That's some really nice art Houn!

EDIT: It's a lot shorter than I thought, not so "ridiculously long" at all.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:57:49 am by Beneviento »
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2014, 04:02:18 am »

ALL RIGHT I'LL TAKE A TURN.
ohgod what have I done I've doomed us all
Harvestcoast, brace for impact.
______

And thank you again c:
Benev is actually easily my favourite dwarf atm ahaha
I hope he has doesn't have an episode soon :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26