Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Harvestcoast - A new, smelly surprise around every corner [Turn 9 complete!]  (Read 42764 times)

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
Re: Harvestcoast - Centaurs Hate You [Turn 4 complete, need overseers!]
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2014, 10:36:52 am »

Hey, can I play?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2014, 04:05:07 pm »

You can indeed, would you like a dwarf as well?
くコ:彡

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2014, 11:38:35 pm »

Such goblin, wow, and a grievous wound for me too! What a turn! Here's a journal entry.

Benev's New Journal, Malachite 1 154

Well, it's been a while. I couldn't write anything since about the end of 152 for a variety of reasons. The first is that the recent overseers have been more... defense minded, and they along with the mayor(they say he's crazy, but who wouldn't want three millstones and two crowns?) have been keeping us inside and out of reach of materials like ink. I tried writing on the walls of my room once last year, but Crazyduck told me not to. However, I've finally got some ink and paper, so I'll be writing again. Crazyduck was a good overseer, but I'll just say that he built our first fortifications, cleared up a lot of the mess that was this fort, and fought off a whole lot of goblins. Good times! Houn's the Overseer now, and she's done pretty well too.

The goblins showed up, a whole siege of 'em, just like back home. Houn and Crazyduck had set up an admirable set of walls and bridges, though, so we're safe. We've been safe under the ground, and what do you know, more expansion! New hospital, new everything. It's nice to walk in stone halls though, dirt falls on your head in dirt ones. Unfortunately, the siege means that I've been training dogs again, and it's been unpleasant, though I don't get flashbacks from the barking anymore.

Galena 25
This year has given me a revelation that will change my life, and I suppose I'll write down the whole story. The Centaurs showed up a while ago and played on the beach for a while, until Dhoor slaughtered them all. This got me thinking that we seem to be getting popular with centaurs goblins kobolds and all them others, so I've taken to wondering if we've mistaken their purpose in coming here. It seems to me that all they want to do is play around.

That brings in the second reason I haven't been able to write.  I saw a cook go up on the wall, and then something kind of... snapped again. I went up on the wall with my crossbow, and I don't know if I planned to shoot at them or jump over the wall and send them to Armok by hand, I think it was the second. I was right about to jump when a whole volley of crossbow fire knocked me down on the wall. I had one right through my guts, but I made it off the wall, and was in the hospital for quite a while. I was in a bad state, but then a very, very strange thing happened.

I lost consciousness, and I "woke up" in a hall made of gold, with a huge number of animal-men, Louse Men first among them, but on the golden throne in the center of the hall was a dwarf. He gestured me forward, then told me this. "Welcome Benev, to my hall. I am the deity Capital, and I wish for you to become my prophet of profit. My tenets are thus: Profit, Fierce Independence, Profit, and drive a hard bargain. Harvestcoast is my sacred site, and you will build there an empire of entrepreneurship the world has never yet seen the like of. Go now, start the new theology of Capitalism, and spread it throughout Harvestcoast." I lost consciousness again, and when I woke up I was in the hospital, and the siege was over! I felt like I was healing wonderfully, and I should be right as rain in a few days. If I'm a prophet, I'd better come up with a plan. Capital has shown me the meaning of all that she said, and it seems that she wants me to make as much money as I can through enterprise and business, so I suppose I'll do that.

Obsidian 20
My Armok, what is going on. We've been in a frantic state for a while. First, we struck the caverns, so all kinds of speculation are going on about what waits down there, and second, every goblin on the face of the world is sitting outside the walls so we're locked down. If only I had set up my plan earlier. I intend to build a number of cottages near the beach, along with amenities like foodsellers, and charge visitors to use them. I'll make piles of money, and please Capital while I'm at it! I also intend to go down into the caverns with a few volunteers, both to scope out riches down there and make an offer of becoming my disciples and lieutenants to help spread the word of Capitalism. So that's the plan for next year. I'll write again soon.

Dwarobaki, you're the next overseer, right? Could I ask if any of this could be manifested in the game at all? I thought it might make a good story.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2014, 01:43:36 am »

The Centaurs showed up a while ago and played on the beach for a while, until Dhoor slaughtered them all.

I can't deal with this loool
I think Benev needs to be overseer for a year (nudge nudge)

Awesome journal, as usual  :D

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2014, 01:59:20 am »

You know what, why not. Can I take the next open slot for a turn?
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2014, 02:05:53 am »

:D yess, looking forward to Benev's year ahaha

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2014, 06:14:44 am »

Dhoor will do whats necessary. And war is necessary :P
But I think he will leave Benev something to start the resort 8)

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2014, 03:09:54 pm »

Sure, I'll take a dwarf.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2014, 03:59:31 pm »

Sure, I'll take a dwarf.
Right, well, just inform dwarobaki of who you'd like to be dwarfed as, or dwarf yourself when his turn is over.
くコ:彡

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2014, 03:26:34 am »

Finally I have some spare time - it's time to behead some goblin scum :D

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2014, 03:33:14 am »

Finally I have some spare time - it's time to behead some goblin scum :D

Excellent! :D I look forward to it, hope the siege breaks easy ahaha

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2014, 05:29:02 am »

First entries from Dhoor's Journal - early spring.

1st Granite
We are besieged. I'm now in Full Command. Breaking the siege and establishing  better defence aboveground is a priority.
Houn didn't insist or even mentioned it but I know that she wants me to kill  goblin general. Maybe after that she would finally agree to marriage. I would  happily run outside and chop his head off myself but that's too risky. Instead  we will lure him underground and take him down...

8th Granite
Dammit Houn! What were you thinking! Those poor beards almost died down there!  We are besieged, we can't loose dwarves to bad decisions!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Five dwarves and two babies were cut off from main fortress, slowly starving  and dehydrating. Things are now resolved, additional stairs were dug out. (In fact, I didn't mentioned it to her. She has so many things to do now,  after accepting that noble position and she's helping a lot with the Trap digging)

9th Granite
I had to rethink what I wrote yesterday. It was all my foult. I should have  checked earlier if everything is allright in the caverns. Houn trusted me in this and I almost failed her... but I promise myself, it was for the first and last time - that goblin will die, no matter what!
Zagstok Bugsud Zagstok! Help me in making him die and rot!

dwarobaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2014, 05:31:27 am »

Side note - it's painfully slow on my old computer, so I'll switch to faster one. (10-12h from now)

Hounskull

• Bay Watcher
  • draws stupid things
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2014, 07:15:13 pm »

8th Granite
Dammit Houn! What were you thinking! Those poor beards almost died down there!  We are besieged, we can't loose dwarves to bad decisions!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Five dwarves and two babies were cut off from main fortress, slowly starving  and dehydrating. Things are now resolved, additional stairs were dug out. (In fact, I didn't mentioned it to her. She has so many things to do now,  after accepting that noble position and she's helping a lot with the Trap digging)

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE. I thought I built stairs but evidently not the right kind ooooooops.

sensei_shade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2014, 06:44:43 am »

I'd like a dorf/turn, if you please.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26