Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45743 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #525 on: June 21, 2014, 09:46:07 pm »

I don't think you missed an ending.  ExKirby does not seem to have posted since the third page, oddly enough. 

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 23, 2014, 10:39:19 am »

Pretty sure you can't do that during the battle phase. Most effects of that type can only be activated during the main phase.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 23, 2014, 10:40:17 am »

Pretty sure you can't do that during the battle phase. Most effects of that type can only be activated during the main phase.
What do you mean?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 23, 2014, 10:43:05 am »

Using Gigaplant's effect like that. The whole summoning stuff back from the grave?

I've tried to pull off similar shenanigans in the battle phase on duel network and people were not amused; it's only supposed to be done during the main phase, unless it's a Quick Effect, as far as I'm aware.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 23, 2014, 10:51:15 am »

Using Gigaplant's effect like that. The whole summoning stuff back from the grave?

I've tried to pull off similar shenanigans in the battle phase on duel network and people were not amused; it's only supposed to be done during the main phase, unless it's a Quick Effect, as far as I'm aware.
Oh, I see, and I apologize for the ambiguity; Gigaplant hasn't been activated.  Supervise and Chirubime are activating simultaneously.  You are correct regarding Gigaplant's effect, though.  Ignition effects (basically, things that are manually activated) like Gigaplant only can be activated in the Main Phase unless otherwise stated on the card itself.  Trigger and trigger-like effects, whether optional (Chirubime, Botanical Girl, and Rose Archer) or mandatory (Supervise), are activated when their triggers are met, unless they miss the timing.  Continuous effects are always active so long as the condition behind them is met (usually being face-up on the field, but Gemini monsters differ slightly here as outlined in their effect).  Basically, what's happening is an interaction between the following three bolded effects:

Quote from: Supervise
Equip only to a Gemini monster. It is treated as an Effect Monster, and gains its effect(s). When this face-up card on the field is sent to the Graveyard, select and Special Summon 1 Normal Monster from your Graveyard.

Quote from: Gigaplant
This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect:
● Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Insect-Type or Plant-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard.

Quote from: Chirubime, Princess of Autumn Leaves
Your opponent cannot target face-up Plant-Type monsters for attacks, except this one. If this card in your possession is sent to your Graveyard by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon 1 Plant-Type monster from your Deck, except "Chirubimé, Princess of Autumn Leaves".
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:53:25 am by Culise »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 23, 2014, 10:54:42 am »

Ah, alright. The complexity of your post was somewhat confusing (:P) and whatnot.

Though, since he wouldn't take the damage from them, why would Lonefire be able to kill him?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 23, 2014, 10:55:45 am »

Ah, alright. The complexity of your post was somewhat confusing (:P) and whatnot.

Though, since he wouldn't take the damage from them, why would Lonefire be able to kill him?
Because the anime always has a "wait, that can't work" right before it works.  If he doesn't have a hand card to activate in response (say, Battle Fader or the like), I'm going to activate one of my facedowns in the damage step to do precisely 3400 damage.  It's also why I'm doing it in this tricky way instead of just negating Radiant Mirror Force and hammering him for 4000 damage. ^_^
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:58:02 am by Culise »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 23, 2014, 10:59:04 am »

0 hand and 0 field. Yep, the proctor can totally negate that.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 23, 2014, 11:00:30 am »

0 hand and 0 field. Yep, the proctor can totally negate that.
Oh, I thought you still had cards in the hand.  Sorry.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 23, 2014, 11:50:58 am »

I should add Jinzo to my deck, to deal with all the internet meme cards traps everywhere and whatnot yeah.

Also, I should finish making the Deep Space/Hyperspace cards and whatnot so I can use them as my deck. Have we figured out whether it's before or after GX? I say after if it's a tie, since it allows the use of more variety, rather than less, and gives us less of a time restriction in terms of years and whatnot.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 23, 2014, 11:52:48 am »

Well, it is but 1 person has yet to vote.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 23, 2014, 11:55:48 am »

Well, it is but 1 person has yet to vote.

You could reset the poll to 0, remove the how duels would be played option, and, since it allows for the selection of two options, drop in 'check to make sure you voted' option.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 23, 2014, 12:05:26 pm »

I could do that, I guess. Probably.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 23, 2014, 10:50:08 pm »

So alright who if anyone wants to help me make an archetype/make an archetype themselves/duel on dueling network/duel in-character?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 24, 2014, 01:08:31 pm »

So, while we wait for scapheap, maybe we could set up a torunamnet?
Also, I wanna make my own archetype. Maybe we could hold a contest or something?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42