Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45756 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #270 on: June 12, 2014, 03:40:58 pm »

Hey, which takes precedence: Zombie World or DNA Surgery?

Official ruling follows:
Whichever card is activated last has its effect applied (although "Zombie World" will continue to affect the Graveyard and prevent Tribute Summons). Also, if "DNA Surgery" is activated after "Zombie World", then Tribute Summoning an originally Zombie-Type monster is still allowed (even though it is a non-Zombie-Type monster when it is on the field).[21]

EDIT: Ah, sorry for the double-post.  Wasn't paying enough attention. >_<

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 12, 2014, 03:42:16 pm »

I was re-reading my card effects and I think I actually stand a good chance, but I have a quick question about spell tokens, if you have multiple cards that take spell tokens, and you get a spell token do you put one on all of them or do you have to choose which one to put it on?
Do you mean Spell Counters?  Spell counters you gain go to wherever the card that's giving you the spell counter says it goes.  For instance, in the Structure Deck you chose, Royal Magical Library says that you "place 1 Spell Counter on this card", as do cards like Skilled Dark Magician, Breaker, and the Magical Citadel of Endymion.  Pitch-Black Power Stone says "place 3 Spell Counters on this card", but it also says that you can move one of those Spell Counters to another card that can take Spell Counters once per turn.  Apprentice Magician is the third kind: it says that you target a card that can take Spell Counters, and "place 1 Spell Counter on that card", which means that you put the Spell Counter you gain from it on whichever card you chose. 

Tokens are the "created" monster cards summoned by various certain effects, such as Scapegoat

I think he means if you have, say, two Skilled Dark Magicians on the field, does only one or do both gain spell counters?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 12, 2014, 03:44:10 pm »

I was re-reading my card effects and I think I actually stand a good chance, but I have a quick question about spell tokens, if you have multiple cards that take spell tokens, and you get a spell token do you put one on all of them or do you have to choose which one to put it on?
Do you mean Spell Counters?  Spell counters you gain go to wherever the card that's giving you the spell counter says it goes.  For instance, in the Structure Deck you chose, Royal Magical Library says that you "place 1 Spell Counter on this card", as do cards like Skilled Dark Magician, Breaker, and the Magical Citadel of Endymion.  Pitch-Black Power Stone says "place 3 Spell Counters on this card", but it also says that you can move one of those Spell Counters to another card that can take Spell Counters once per turn.  Apprentice Magician is the third kind: it says that you target a card that can take Spell Counters, and "place 1 Spell Counter on that card", which means that you put the Spell Counter you gain from it on whichever card you chose. 

Tokens are the "created" monster cards summoned by various certain effects, such as Scapegoat

I think he means if you have, say, two Skilled Dark Magicians on the field, does only one or do both gain spell counters?
Oh.  In that case, both of their effects go off, and each of them gains one spell counter.  Simultaneous event activations don't block each other, though technically, counter increases aren't actually chainable effects, so SEGOC doesn't apply.  ^_^

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 12, 2014, 03:53:39 pm »

What, exactly, is the boundary for "godmoding"? I'm...concerned, because not drawing one of the right cards in the next turn or two could spell the end for Angel in this duel, but I really don't want to godmode.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how close to Protagonist's Luck I'm allowed to come.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 12, 2014, 04:04:51 pm »

As mentioned before, godmodding is something along the lines of drawing all 5 pieces of Exodia on your first turn in every duel. Drawing the right cards once or twice per duel is not godmodding.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2014, 04:07:02 pm »

And what now? Are we really going to not let people play because they lost the duel due to circumstances beyond their control?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 12, 2014, 04:07:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure he said that even if you lost you would get admitted, it would just make sure you couldn't get into the higher dorms.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 12, 2014, 04:08:43 pm »

I believe it is now time for a Deus Ex Machina.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 12, 2014, 04:09:35 pm »

((How many attack and defense points do your monsters have?))

Lord of Dragons (Atk 1200)
Divine Dragon - Excelion (Atk 1500)
Divine Dragon Apocralyph (Def 1500)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 12, 2014, 04:11:16 pm »

Attack points for Apocralyph?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2014, 04:11:40 pm »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2014, 04:31:21 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cards (click to show/hide)

Hey Blitz, I just noticed that the sheet you put in the other thread's OP is not the most updated.  It's just a little bit of fluff change in the character app, but still.  The one above is the most updated.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:16:34 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 12, 2014, 05:16:22 pm »

Sorry for the triple post, but the OOC stuff should have been in here.

((I won't be able to do any more turns for  the day, sorry. I'm on my PSP, and as such unable to view spoilers. Or write anything longer than 10 lines or so.))

What if we don't use spoilers?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 12, 2014, 06:34:57 pm »

While it is bad form to make a quadruple post, if I edit one of the other posts, then no one would notice my question until someone else came to the thread and decided to post.

Would anyone be up to playing a match on a duel client with their character's deck?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 12, 2014, 06:59:08 pm »

I would. As long as I don't need to download much/anything.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42