Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45725 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2014, 01:48:37 pm »

You could assign the cards in your deck a random integer, then use a random number generator to determine the cards you are going to have.  That way, you can duel as if you are actually dueling.  Could put in something like 'despiration draw' to get a specific card once per duel.
More or less what I intended to do, a lot.

Holy Shit.  The RNG just gave me Blue Eyes White Dragon, Divine Dragon - Excelion, Lord of D., and the Flute of Summoning Dragon in my opening hand.  What the fuck.
You trusted in the Heart of the Random.org.

Now to figure out my turn and stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2014, 01:49:11 pm »

The proctor hadn't taken his turn, Darkpaladin.
....goddammit. I'l edit out my turn in that case. Sorry for the trouble you've had with me so far. Blitz.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2014, 01:53:53 pm »

Hey quick question, what level of for lack of a better term "censorship" are we going for here, a darn at best, or are we allowed to full on swear?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2014, 02:00:39 pm »

The proctor hadn't taken his turn, Darkpaladin.
....goddammit. I'l edit out my turn in that case. Sorry for the trouble you've had with me so far. Blitz.
Nah, it's okay. I get some lolz, you learn from your mistakes (and to read my posts properly) and then we're all happy.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2014, 02:12:49 pm »

((Oh god, I did just do that didn't I, aw man, now I have to be an underdog, who has to slowly prove himself...))
OK, we now have our main protagonist.  Now we just need the rival, the sidekick, the comic relief, and the token girl (which I totally call, unless someone else actually wants it), and we'll have the standard Yu-Gi-Oh party. ^_^

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 12, 2014, 02:14:15 pm »

"...flip-effect monster akin to Man-Eater Bug..."

I must point you to Lord of Dragon's effect:

Dragon-Type monsters on the field cannot be targeted by card effects.

Man eater bug's ability is a flip effect that targets, so it can only destroy my Lord of Dragons.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 12, 2014, 02:15:59 pm »

Dark Hole on the other hand...
Also, you don't know what that facedown is. It might not necessarily target monsters.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 12, 2014, 02:16:09 pm »

Morphing Jar #2 is a risk, though. ;)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 12, 2014, 02:17:01 pm »

((Oh god, I did just do that didn't I, aw man, now I have to be an underdog, who has to slowly prove himself...))
OK, we now have our main protagonist.  Now we just need the rival, the sidekick, the comic relief, and the token girl (which I totally call, unless someone else actually wants it), and we'll have the standard Yu-Gi-Oh party. ^_^
Florentino can fill either the comic relief or sidekick role, I think. Zankezkuken's character on the other hand, he'd make a good rival, or a decent sidekick as well.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 12, 2014, 02:21:45 pm »

ExKirby has claimed rival, but it'll all depend on character interaction. And signature monsters, obviously. The reason for Shawn's ascension to likely candidate for Main Character is due to the fact that he acts like the stereotypical 'Oh my god I'm terrible even though I win all the time' character. Look at Yu-Gi-Oh GNext for an example of said character archetype.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2014, 02:23:39 pm »

ExKirby has claimed rival, but it'll all depend on character interaction. And signature monsters, obviously. The reason for Shawn's ascension to likely candidate for Main Character is due to the fact that he acts like the stereotypical 'Oh my god I'm terrible even though I win all the time' character. Look at Yu-Gi-Oh GNext for an example of said character archetype.
Yep. And it looks like I actually drew something to help me even the odds a little :D

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2014, 02:24:29 pm »

Assuming the other roles are male-only, I'd like some spot in the main party. Still, let's see how things work out before we assigning protagonist/sidekick/etc roles.

Here's hoping the duel doesn't turn south for me! I kinda hope I can tank him 20 turns, just to prove him wrong.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 12, 2014, 02:28:36 pm »

Assuming the other roles are male-only, I'd like some spot in the main party. Still, let's see how things work out before we assigning protagonist/sidekick/etc roles.

Here's hoping the duel doesn't turn south for me! I kinda hope I can tank him 20 turns, just to prove him wrong.
Nah, they're not really gender-specific.  That last one in particular is just me being tongue-in-cheek about how Yu-Gi-Oh's character composition tends to be pretty bad when it comes to classic shounen-anime pitfalls.  Besides, we're all main characters; if we fall into particular "roles" is just, as BlitzDungeoneer says, going to be a matter of how we act and maybe our signature monsters. 

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 12, 2014, 02:31:38 pm »

Technicaly right now I'm playing the "I'm terrible because I lose all the time, you just haven't seen all those other times, also I might be able to win if I'm lucky, also I'm bassicaly entirely new to the game" Archetype, nut I could very quicklet become the 'Oh my god I'm terrible even though I win all the time' archetype.

Also answer on the swearing thing?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2014, 02:38:37 pm »

Technicaly right now I'm playing the "I'm terrible because I lose all the time, you just haven't seen all those other times, also I might be able to win if I'm lucky, also I'm bassicaly entirely new to the game" Archetype, nut I could very quicklet become the 'Oh my god I'm terrible even though I win all the time' archetype.

Also answer on the swearing thing?
What swearing thing?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42