Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45713 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2014, 04:23:24 am »

A couple of years maybe
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2014, 04:53:41 am »

Some years before the start of GX?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2014, 08:16:50 am »

I'm sorry but with the new thread posted I just realised that the deck in there is the one that I couldn't have because some of the cards were limited

Here is the new deck that I posted

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2014, 09:02:44 am »

IC thread is up.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2014, 09:04:16 am »

...Where are our characters at this time?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2014, 09:05:30 am »

So how are we gonna do duels?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2014, 09:09:51 am »

You have seen the poll, right?
...Where are our characters at this time?
I'll try to post that in a couple of minutes.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2014, 09:11:45 am »

You have seen the poll, right?
Yes, I just want to know more specifics. So are we going to actually be playing the card game or are the duels just gonna be RP based? That's mostly what I want to know, anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2014, 09:15:19 am »

Mostly RP based, yes. Godmodding will lead to a swift OTK, though. And probably being sent to the Shadow Realm. You know, stuff that would probably discourage you from godmodding.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2014, 09:18:01 am »

I was imagining that we'd choose what cards we draw and go mostly by the book from there, with occasional examples of flagrant cheating or plot device cards as the plot demands.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2014, 09:19:33 am »

Mostly RP based, yes. Godmodding will lead to a swift OTK, though. And probably being sent to the Shadow Realm. You know, stuff that would probably discourage you from godmodding.
....Figures. Guess I'l propably quit now, cause there's no reason for me to even start playing then.
....Though I guess I should ask for some clarification. Mostly if we're gonna still play it normally.
EDIT: By that I mean, we're going to play by the normal rules, but ocasionally to advance the plot or somesuch, players and NPC's are gonna be able to cheat and draw just the right card or something, like in the anime?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:40:49 am by darkpaladin109 »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 12, 2014, 09:40:46 am »

I was imagining that we'd choose what cards we draw and go mostly by the book from there, with occasional examples of flagrant cheating or plot device cards as the plot demands.
This, yes. Godmodding is... slightly different, in that it is getting all your best cards that allow you to completely destroy your opponents, all day every day.
....Figures. Guess I'l propably quit now, cause there's no reason for me to even start playing then.
....Though I guess I should ask for some clarification. Mostly if we're gonna still play it normally.
Mind explaining?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 12, 2014, 09:42:06 am »

This, yes. Godmodding is... slightly different, in that it is getting all your best cards that allow you to completely destroy your opponents, all day every day.
Mind explaining?
Edited my post right before you quoted it, but alright. I guess why I'd quit s because I don't really like anything that's more or less just plain RP.
I do tolerate RP, but I don't want it to be the only thing the game is about, is all.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 12, 2014, 09:52:58 am »

Hmm... Suppose something like that could be done... I'd have to modify a few things, though. Would involve a lot more work, certainly. We'll see.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2014, 10:11:29 am »

Wait- if you want to do actual duels, have you considered Yu-gi-oh Pro? It's a free program that does rules for you, and I believe you can pick your banlists.

If you already have, discard this because I didn't read the whole thread.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42