Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45647 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2014, 10:59:16 am »

OCG legality. Just out of curiosity, what card is this?
Also, Anime only cards are allowed.
Geh.  You might want to make that "subject to GM's OK," at a minimum - there are some really, really broken anime-only cards, and the banlist doesn't touch them since they don't actually exist in the TCG or OCG. 

OCG legality. Just out of curiosity, what card is this?

Saphira the Dragon Priestess.  I don't own the card, but I wanted a ritual dragon or two in the side deck (the side deck doesn't add to the total deck cost, right?).
I apologize for correcting you like this, but Ritual cards are main-deck cards.  Extra deck is for Fusion, Synchro, and XYZ.  Idle curiosity, but are you doing rituals, then?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2014, 11:02:23 am »

Right, anime-only cards are, as mentioned above, subject to GM's okay. Does anyone mind writing up Sapphire here, by the way? My browser is refusing to show the yugioh wiki at all.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2014, 11:04:55 am »

And yes, Pegasus might have done that to make money. I find myself doubting this, however, since he's already absolutely loaded. Unless, he's greedy. Or was short on cash. Still Pegasus strikes me as the kind of guy who would do something purely because it would annoy Kaiba. He's a bit of a dick, even if the Tournament on his island was some convoluted plot to bring back his wife.
Or if he was just trying to do what corporations do. And hey, it's not like making more Blue Eyeses is a crime against humanity (or at least something that hurts specific humans) like cutting worker wages or skimping on product safety or something is. And it even makes the fans happier, because they can own some of the more famous cards in Duel Monsters. There's basically no risk; if Pegasus Cardlines has any shareholders, they'd be demanding to know why he wasn't, once they found out.
But yeah, he'd do it to screw with Kaiba, too.

Right, anime-only cards are, as mentioned above, subject to GM's okay. Does anyone mind writing up Sapphire here, by the way? My browser is refusing to show the yugioh wiki at all.
Quote from: YGO Wiki
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Hymn of Blessing". You can only use the effect of "Saphira the Dragon Princess" once per turn. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Ritual Summoned, OR during the End Phase of the turn a LIGHT monster was sent from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard while you controlled this face-up card: You can activate 1 of these effects.
● Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card.
● Discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand.
● Add 1 LIGHT monster from your Graveyard to your hand.
Attack 2500, Defense 2400. Six stars. Light.
As for that Hymn of Blessing...
Quote from: YGO Wiki
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Saphira the Dragon Princess". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 6 or more. If a Ritual Monster(s) you control would be destroyed, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.
So, it's a bit above-standard.

Incidentally, what's the ruling on the story-based cards? I'm thinking of taking Makiu, the Magical Mist if it's in, but if it isn't, I'll need to make a more typical deck.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2014, 11:05:58 am »

Saphira the Dragon Princess (LIGHT Dragon/Ritual/Effect 6; 2500/2400)
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Hymn of Blessing". You can only use the effect of "Saphira the Dragon Princess" once per turn. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Ritual Summoned, OR during the End Phase of the turn a LIGHT monster was sent from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard while you controlled this face-up card: You can activate 1 of these effects.
● Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card.
● Discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand.
● Add 1 LIGHT monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

Hymn of Blessing (Ritual Spell)
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Saphira the Dragon Princess". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 6 or more. If a Ritual Monster(s) you control would be destroyed, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.

Pretty much bog-standard for modern Rituals; they tend to be a bit underpowered, nowadays, but with a GX-level game, it might be a bit more effective.  Most Ritual support is pretty expensive, though; the Djinns range up to Secret Rare.  Feels like it'd be funny with Lightsworns, though.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2014, 11:08:55 am »

Updated my deck I hope it's all ok

Incidentally, what's the ruling on the story-based cards? I'm thinking of taking Makiu, the Magical Mist if it's in, but if it isn't, I'll need to make a more typical deck.

It does exist
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 11:16:44 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2014, 11:24:52 am »

Anyone mind writing up Makiu? Like I said, Wikia doesn't show up.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2014, 11:35:43 am »

Makiu, the Magical Mist (Normal Spell)
Target 1 face-up "Summoned Skull" or face-up Thunder-Type monster you control; destroy all monsters your opponent controls with DEF less than or equal to the ATK of that monster. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2014, 11:38:28 am »

Meh, I'll allow it. It costs 30 points, though.
Ignore that, I was being stupid. The card is allowed, though.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 11:52:49 am by BlitzDungeoneer »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2014, 11:38:33 am »

Pretty much bog-standard for modern Rituals...
What, they all include the bit about being able to banish it instead of losing the monster?

It does exist
Huh. TV Tropes is out of date.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2014, 11:52:54 am »

Pretty much bog-standard for modern Rituals...
What, they all include the bit about being able to banish it instead of losing the monster?
Many ritual spells intended for specific monsters nowadays include various effects, including that one - Ritual of Grace makes a ritual untargetable; Ritual of Destruction bounces enemy monsters; Dawn of the Herald recovers materials; and Luminous Dragon Ritual gives you a second summoning using graveyard materials (and since you just dumped those materials in the graveyard while casting, that's essentially a free second monster).  Even generic rituals have started getting various effects - I used to run Gishki, whose rituals let you eat your opponent's monsters (a la Super Polymerization) or recover materials.  Ritual monsters are always been significantly weakened by the fact that, to conduct the summon, you need to meet the cost and have both the monster and ritual spell in your hand - you essentially lose 2-3 cards at a minimum to put a single monster on the field, and in a game that relies hugely on card advantage due to the lack of any other "resource" factor, that was rarely a good trade.  That's why there were so rarely used in the past.  Plus, there was so much Graveyard hate and non-destruction removal running around around the time I stopped playing that a one-shot protection from destruction isn't really as much as it used to be, and I don't think that's changed at all. 

EDIT:
And, at last, I finished my character.  I ended up going Plant Princess rather than Gishki, to avoid stepping on any toes.  It's also an archetype not used in the anime as far as I can tell, so there's that as well. 
Name: Melissa Ross
Appearance: Tall and somewhat shy.  Her long brown hair frequently has stray leaves or twigs in it from rooting around while caring for her plants, which she is usually oblivious to. 
Duel Spirits: Nope.  She cannot see nor sense spirits at all. 
Backstory: Melissa came to the Duel Academy to learn how to improve her game and possibly go pro duelist, like many students.  She has no particular dark or scary background, nor any special or mystical powers, though she does love plants and flowers.  Her parents are both still alive, together, and in a happily-loving relationship.  She is simply an ordinary student caught up in a situation beyond her control. 
Deck: 637/650
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:35:47 pm by Culise »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2014, 12:53:40 pm »

Hmm... So only thing left to decide is how we're going to duel, and I'm inclined towards option 4 aka the freeform/story-driven duels, and when it's being done. Should I just do a poll?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2014, 12:56:35 pm »

A poll sounds like a good idea
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2014, 12:59:01 pm »

I apologize for correcting you like this, but Ritual cards are main-deck cards.  Extra deck is for Fusion, Synchro, and XYZ.  Idle curiosity, but are you doing rituals, then?

That is true, but I didn't say Extra Deck.  I said Side Deck, which contains between 0 and 15 cards that are used to modify your deck between rounds in a tournament; however, since the entrance exams are only one battle, it would be used as 0 to 15 extra cards you're bringing with you.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2014, 01:00:24 pm »

That is true, but I didn't say Extra Deck.  I said Side Deck, which contains between 0 and 15 cards that are used to modify your deck between rounds in a tournament; however, since the entrance exams are only one battle, it would be used as 0 to 15 extra cards you're bringing with you.
Ah, sorry.  I'm a bit out of it, I guess. ^_^

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2014, 01:06:40 pm »

Many ritual spells intended for specific monsters nowadays include various effects, including that one...
Huh. Things have changed. Of course, I haven't paid attention to Yugioh in more years than I care to guesstimate, so--wait, Google recognizes "guesstimate" as a word?

Hmm... So only thing left to decide is how we're going to duel, and I'm inclined towards option 4 aka the freeform/story-driven duels, and when it's being done. Should I just do a poll?
Polls work. Freeform/Story-driven sounds fun. (And it means I don't need to design a good deck! Fusion monsters are actually viable!)
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42