Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45791 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #420 on: June 19, 2014, 03:29:48 pm »

Dammit, I knew I was missing some cards! I made a Yubel deck on Devpro, but I had to delete Devpro, and with it my deck. Had those cards in that deck.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 19, 2014, 03:33:26 pm »

I'm afraid so, yes. The minimum is 40. There hasn't been anything in GX stating otherwise, so yeah. 40 minimum.
Any tips on making a Yubel deck?
Key notes with Bel are to get it onto the field by special summon, because tribute-summons are prohibitive.  Graveyard dumping + Limit Reverse works; Mystic Tomato works as well.  You then want to force the opponent to attack it, because for obvious reasons, the opponent will not do so willingly.  Final Attack Orders works, as does Savage Colosseum.  Field destruction lets you promote, since Yubel's effect works on any destruction effect other than its own, whether yours or the opponent's: field wipes are grand for this, and targeted destruction that gives you a bonus works as well.  To handle Yubel's tribute effect, certain self-regenerating cards like Samsara Lotus (also tutored by Mystic Tomato) may help. If you can put cards on the opponent's side of the field via effects like Nightmare Archfiends, you can create an OTK with Terror Incarnate; Ultimate Nightmare is usually overkill.  If you like, I can post my old deck; it might have some worthwhile ideas.

Alright then, any good ideas for one card?
Spellcaster support - Magician's Circle and Magical Dimension are good.  Bound Wand or Wonder Wand are equip spells, but amusing.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:37:23 pm by Culise »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 19, 2014, 03:40:42 pm »

All righty then, Ill have myself a wonder wand.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 19, 2014, 03:43:52 pm »

Oh, that does remind me, has anyone tried the new Konami duel simulator, Duel Arena?  I just learned about it today, which is the day the open beta ends, so...

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 19, 2014, 03:47:24 pm »

Nope. First time I've heard of it. What's it like?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 19, 2014, 03:52:09 pm »

Also replace Heavy storm and Premature burial with Magicians Circle and Bound Wand.

There, now I have forty cards, all of which are not banned, Here's the list again for reference.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:56:43 pm by anailater »
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 19, 2014, 03:57:04 pm »

Nope. First time I've heard of it. What's it like?
Honestly, I haven't the foggiest; I won't be able to sign up before it probably ends from where I am right now.  That said, glancing over the rules, I didn't *see* any pay stuff like Magic Online, which is good.  You unlock cards by buying packs rather than starting with a full trunk a la DevPro or DN, which is interesting.  Multiple currency options exist (DP and coin), which is worrying; it's a classic microtransaction psychological trick to use multiple non-convertible currencies, and while DP is stated to be gained from playing duels or converting cards, coins are only mentioned as something you "can obtain" to buy card packs, recruit "Premium Partners", and replenish stamina.  There's "stamina", of which you need to pay a set amount to duel and which likely regenerates at some set rate, which is bad (I can smell the "buy more coins to replenish your stamina early" microtransaction strategy from here, and it is not a pleasant fragrance).  Both AI and player duelists exist, which means even new players won't have to worry about taking their fresh-from-the-box structure/starter decks against ace shenanigan decks. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:59:22 pm by Culise »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 19, 2014, 04:00:19 pm »

I think I'll stick to Devpro and DN, then. I quite like not having a limit on the amount of duels I can have per day.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 19, 2014, 04:04:54 pm »

Indeed.  We'll have to enjoy them while they last; now that they're in direct competition with Konami, and stepping on even more copyright toes than Cockatrice ever did to Hasbro and Magic Online, it may well be only a matter of time. 

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 19, 2014, 04:07:41 pm »

Also replace Heavy storm and Premature burial with Magicians Circle and Bound Wand.

There, now I have forty cards, all of which are not banned, Here's the list again for reference.

I was wondering how you were missing 4 cards before removing banned.  There was a second copy of: Magician of Faith,  Skilled Dark Magician, Apprentice Magician, and  Magical Dimension in the deck.  There's a quantity marker in the last column that you must've missed.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 19, 2014, 04:09:58 pm »

Oh, well... aren't I silly.
So how are you today?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 19, 2014, 04:11:30 pm »

If they take away my Devpro and DN, well... It's not going to be pretty.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 19, 2014, 04:14:36 pm »

Oh, well... aren't I silly.

Since you have a 3 card blank, have it filled with Yami, Wonder Wand, and Pitch-Black Power Stone.  I'll make my commentary then.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:36:18 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 19, 2014, 04:18:33 pm »

Already did.
So how are you today?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 19, 2014, 04:27:44 pm »

Edit: I'll just put this in the commentary.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42