Poll

How should we handle duels?

Play through DN or DevPro
- 4 (15.4%)
Freeform Duels/Storydriven duels
- 7 (26.9%)
IRC Chatroom
- 2 (7.7%)
Which time period should this be done in?
- 1 (3.8%)
Before GX
- 5 (19.2%)
During GX
- 3 (11.5%)
After GX
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread  (Read 45747 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: New Beginning OOC Thread
« Reply #330 on: June 14, 2014, 12:16:39 am »

Doublepost but ah well.

I want to create an RP-only archetype. I just need to decide what to do. I either want to do something similar to Gradius(maybe interlinking them like Meklord Emperor and Meklord Army are both Meklord) with 'Space Station [other identifying name/word] - [card specific name]', or something to do with Mercenaries, possibly taking inspiration from the Black Company and similar books.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 14, 2014, 02:35:54 am »

We'll see. I'll decide when I  see them.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 14, 2014, 09:28:04 pm »

Well, let's try this. To start with, an example monster.

Deep Space - Orbital Habitat Module
Light/2/Machine/800/1500/Tuner/Union
Can only attach to "Deep Space" monsters, monster gains 300 ATK and DEF while attached, has it's level increased by 1, and is treated as a Tuner Monster. May be equipped with multiple Union monsters at the same time. Each attached Union monster increases this card's level by 1.

Oh, and I'm not too sure about the attribute; if you guys can think of a better one that would fit(if anything it would be Dark, but this just doesn't seem like a Dark card...), let me know.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:18:19 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 14, 2014, 10:21:00 pm »

Maybe Wind? I mean, space is just flying higher than the atmosphere.

Or whatever existing spaceship cards are.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 14, 2014, 10:53:28 pm »

Maybe Wind? I mean, space is just flying higher than the atmosphere.

Or whatever existing spaceship cards are.
Well, Gradius and associated cards, at least the fighters, are all Light, so...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 14, 2014, 11:00:22 pm »

Indeed.  I think all of the space/future-tech mecha - Gradius, Cyber Dragon, Satellite Cannon, Dyson Sphere, Deep Space (Cruiser) IX - tend to be Light Machine.  I think that's the ideal for what you're shooting for. 

Though, I have to ask, if "additional equipped Union monsters past the first do not take up an extra Spell/Trap Card space", where do they go?  It seems a bit odd to have them vanish into the aether outside of Xyz monsters, especially since that also turns into free and perfect protection from Spell/Trap destruction. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:03:06 pm by Culise »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 14, 2014, 11:02:23 pm »

Indeed.  I think all of the space/future-tech mecha - Gradius, Cyber Dragon, Satellite Cannon, Dyson Sphere - tend to be Light Machine.  I think that's the ideal for what you're shooting for. 

Though, I have to ask, if "additional equipped Union monsters past the first do not take up an extra Spell/Trap Card space", where do they go?  It seems a bit odd to have them vanish into the aether outside of Xyz monsters, especially since that also turns into free and perfect protection from Spell/Trap destruction.
They take up the same space as the original Union Monster. If you target them with a Spell/Trap Card destroyer, you specify which one it is.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 14, 2014, 11:14:40 pm »

Ah, that still feels rather odd.  Also potentially hilariously broken, with infinite stacking Equip spells.  It's also odd that this Union monster doesn't protect from destruction, which makes it unique among Union monsters as far as I am aware.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 14, 2014, 11:19:27 pm »

Oh, it does. That's an effect of all union monsters; I just didn't want to type out ridiculous amounts of shit.

But if you think it's that broken, I can change it. A max of three attached cards maybe?

Or just allowed to equip multiple Union cards, which is unique in itself.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 14, 2014, 11:25:47 pm »

Maybe I'm just getting old, but this is getting too much for me with all these new cards and stuff. I'm going to exit out Blitz, so someone more capable and in-touch with the newer stuff can play instead. I'll still be watching, and maybe sometime in the future I'll come back.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 14, 2014, 11:28:40 pm »

EDIT: How in the world...ignore this post. >_<
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:42:55 pm by Culise »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 14, 2014, 11:31:20 pm »

Yeah, I think allowing it to equip multiple Union cards would be enough.  Maybe it's a little strong, but frankly, there's a lot of non-destruction removal around that doesn't care about Union effects.  I'd say the ideal is actually making it an Xyz monster summoned by two or more Level-whatever monsters and "Detach one overlay unit: Prevent the destruction of this monster" along with additional effects based on which overlay units you used - that gives you what you want without opening it to Equip Spell shenanigans, and actually protects the overlay units even better than they would be as Equip Spells, but the only Xyz that anyone would recognize in the GX era is XYZ-Dragon Cannon. 

Maybe I'm just getting old, but this is getting too much for me with all these new cards and stuff. I'm going to exit out Blitz, so someone more capable and in-touch with the newer stuff can play instead. I'll still be watching, and maybe sometime in the future I'll come back.
Ah, that's a shame.  I do hope you come back if you feel more confident about the new cards after watching for a while; we aren't using most of the new mechanics, so thankfully, we don't have to worry about Synchros, Xyz, Pendulums, or whatever. 

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 14, 2014, 11:42:08 pm »

Aye, but it's meant to be a basic monster(if a tuner) for the archetype, so Xyz wouldn't really work. It's certainly meant to be used with Xyz stuff and such, though.

Just need to see which Numbers aren't used up, and what Numbers have in common, if anything.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 15, 2014, 12:40:44 am »

No don't go TCM!

The new cards aren't even going to be doing anything for weeks! We have to finish the archetype before they're even involved!

Speaking of which. I'd like advice on how some cards should work(I want this to be something of a community project, though i understand if you people aren't interested, or would rather do a different theme of archetype). I'm trying to make a lot of the Deep Space cards at low levels be focused around Unions and taking advantage of the like, whereas larger cards are results of 'Contact Fusions', Synchro Summons, or Xyz summons using the Union monsters; the ones that aren't are meant to be like battleships and actual spaceships. Feel free to suggest names, support cards, why some cards suck, etc. It would, of course, be rather weak to Spell hate and removal.

Also, for the name, I was thinking about adding a a letter with two numbers after it that multiply or maybe add to create the numerical 'code' of the letter(A being 1, Z being 26, and whatnot), which is maybe too similar to Numbers or Karakuri, but I think it looks cool and gives an idea of the futuristicness it's meant to emulate more. But I don't know.

The following are ideas for names and maybe notes sometimes.

Deep Space - Communications Relay Station: Meant to be a draw engine, but not sure if it should be when destroyed, or only once, and one card per Union monster attached, or what.
Deep Space - Zero-G Construction Facility: The monster searcher of the archetype.
Deep Space - Weapons Satellite Mk.1(?): Either a card/monster destroyer, or a generic beatstick card
Deep Space - Bulkhead Security Suite: Protection, even better than normal Union monster stuff. As in, retarget card effects to this instead.
Deep Space - Sensor [something something](I'm getting tired)
Deep Space - High-Impulse Thruster: I feel like this should be a key card in some way or another. Maybe it should be the Tuner, while Orbital Habitat Module just provides different levels?
Deep Space - Retrofit Sealing Scaffold: Something to do with Fusions, but only with monsters attached to this card, or that this card is attached to. Basically functions as a polymerization(but not as one of the fusion material monsters)
Deep Space - Strike Fighter Squadron:
Deep Space - Precision Strike Satellite
Deep Space - Weapons Satellite Mk.2
Deep Space - Heavy Weapons Platform - Fusion?
Deep Space - Dreadnaught-class Battleship - Synchro?
Number 60 - Deep Space Planetary Super-Station(Terrible name, please come up with better...)
Number C60 - Deep Space Rift Generator Station

Some gundam inspired stuff might be interesting too, make for some more humanoid cards that could be used as the high level stuff with interesting effects(ever notice that they like the really strong cards to be either dragons or humanoid? Yeah, me too)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 15, 2014, 07:47:25 am »

I'm pretty sure my interpretation of the rules is correct. Aside from no part of the rules saying you can skip phases, it would kinda negate the ability of not only Malicious Fiend but also everything on this list--dozens of cards, and I'm pretty sure some others as well.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42