Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll to Innovate - Turn 31: Crystal Fever!  (Read 16357 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Innovate - Turn 15: The Guild's Blessing
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2014, 11:21:23 pm »

Create and hone enough wax molds to get one mold for one metal frame and five mechanisms, all of Well-Made quality or better. Retry if unsuccessful on first try. Cast the parts out of bronze once I'm happy with the molds.
Retry action.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2014, 11:35:56 pm »

They are more than welcome! Find some bait and scrap wood to create a wooden platform for the boulder to float on. The plan--explain it to Podri and the fishers--is to bait the monster into eating the boulder, then detonate it inside its stomach, while harpooning it as it leaps from the water. As it dies from internal bleeding, drag it to shore.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2014, 07:22:00 pm »

Turn 16: A Volunteer

Iktaka Modri
[Implant Crystals: Moderate=3] One of the assistants was injured early in  the day, resulting in a day off from research.

Spoiler: Research Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)

George Thain
George was having an adventure!

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Bane Willedhelm
[Find Scrapwood: Moderate=8][Find Bait: Simple= 6] Scrapwood was purchased for 5 shillings, and bait was found for another 6. Bane’s proposal to his cohorts was met with excitement. With the four of them working together it may work, and it would certainly make for great stories.

+ Bait, + Scrapwood, - 11 Shillings
Spoiler:  Assets (click to show/hide)

Herman Tongs
[Shape (Simple): Frame=6, Mechanisms=4, 8, 10, 10, 4, Hone (Moderate): Frame= 7, Mechanisms=8, 6, 7]Herman’s first attempt at making molds only gave him three mechanism molds he was happy with, but he had patience.

[Shape (Simple): Frame=7, Mechanisms=10, 5, Hone (Moderate): Frame= 7, Mechanisms=6, 9] His second attempt provided molds for the frame and remaining mechanisms.
[Pour (Moderate): Frame= 8 + 1, Mechanisms=10 + 2, 11 +1, 9 +1, 10 +1, 9 +1] The pouring went swimmingly. Herman’s previous experience with mechanical casting paid off, and he produced a slew of great products.
+ Great Frame, + 2 Perfect Mechanisms, + 3 Great Mechanism ((You can redistribute the Perfect mechanisms, I just filled the lists out in order))

Wol Fann
[Find and Prepare Human Subject: Simple=9] With the Guild condoning his experiment Wol found many more willing volunteers. He even managed to save some coin, offering only 20 Guild credits. He explained the situation to the newcomer, that they were testing a nonlethal toxin, and the volunteer would be required to consume some toxin and answer some simple questions. The subject seemed to have no complaints about this.

-20 Guild credits, + Human Volunteer
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Innovate - Turn 16: A Volunteer
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2014, 08:20:24 pm »

Begin testing.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2014, 10:25:08 pm »

Wait until the waters are favorable. Then suggest we move quickly before there are greater risks out at sea.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2014, 01:12:29 am »

Using a similar process, create the pipes, the reservoir and the corkscrew rod out of bronze. ((I have a plan for the rust-proofing, don't worry. I intend to follow the instruction to use as little Sea Silver as possible.))

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2014, 03:14:10 pm »

PTW
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2014, 07:23:16 pm »

Turn 17: To Sea

Iktaka Modri
[Implant Crystals: Moderate=6] Two crystals were broken in the process, but six trees got implanted, 4 reactive and 2 unreactive.

George Thain

Bane Willedhelm
[To Sea!!: Moderate=11] It was a calm day, in a calm season, in what had been a calm year. The odds of any sort of storm were slim to none. Being eaten by beasts large enough to swallow a boat, fair. Storm, unlikely. Being plucked from the ship by massive tentacles and tossed into a fearsome maw, probable. But, a storm was unlikely. A good day to be at sea, all in all. So Bane set out, thankful that at least he wouldn't run into a storm.

Herman Tongs
[Shape (Simple): Pipe=4, Reservoir=8, Corkscrew (Moderate)= 12, Hone (Moderate): Pipe=4, Reservoir=4, Corkscrew (Difficult)= 9] Herman thought the corkscrew would be the most difficult piece to make, and so naturally he concentrated hardest on its mold. As a result his pipe mold was embarrassingly far from circular, and his reservoir looked a little lopsided. But he had a perfect corkscrew mold.

[Shape (Simple): Pipe=7, Reservoir=12, Hone (Moderate): Pipe=9, Reservoir=4] The second time he had more patience with the other parts and shaped both pipe and reservoir molds very well.

[Pour (Moderate): Pipe=5 +2, Reservoir=3 +2, Corkscrew= 3 +3] His pouring was shoddy. Worse than shoddy. Waste of good molds. But he had decent parts. Sort of.

+ Well-Made Pipe, + Fair Reservoir, + Fair Corkscrew

Wol Fann
[Test!: Moderate=10] Wol had a brief conversation with the man while the toxicologist prepared what he calculated to be the correct dose. Details of Wol's life were discussed, to see if the man would remember them. And details of the volunteers life were discussed, to make sure he could still remember those. Didn't want him to forget who he was, just what had happened to him. Then toxin was brought out by the toxicologist. It was a goop of herbs right now, and it was awfully large, but Wol was sure he could concentrate it down later.

The volunteer had a couple of muscle spasms and seemed to be slipping in and out of awareness. Afterwards he was unable to orient himself about the room, and it was over an hour before he could walk. It was confirmed that he didn't remember taking the toxin, and his memory before that was cloudy, but he still had vague recollections of his conversation with Wol. His memories of the past were completely in tact.

My Area

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Innovate - Turn 17: To Sea!
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2014, 07:35:46 pm »

Seems like good news all around.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2014, 07:36:04 pm »

"This may be enough."

Test to see if the volunteer is still healthy.

Try to concentrate the mix.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2014, 08:07:13 pm »

Be ready to release the boulder/bait platform into the water at the first sign of activity. Keep it attached to a rope, and make sure Podri is ready to keep track of it as it enters the monster's stomach.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2014, 10:50:33 pm »

Realize I needed three sections of pipe for the engine. Make them. While I'm at it, Retry making the reservoir and the corkscrew, recycling the imperfect ones.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2014, 05:11:46 pm »

Turn 18: Poker Face

Iktaka Modri
[Examine trees, inside and out: Moderate=7] Two trees of each variety, reactive and unreactive, were cut down and opened up. Modri and Farrek each looked independently at them before conferring, and they agreed that it looked like there was a difference in the vascular structures, specifically the section which lay immediately behind the bark and cork. The reactive trees had large greater organization in this region, with large braided tubes being spaced fairly regularly between disordered, normal vascular tissue.

Modri updated her notes to reflect this observation.
-2 CET, -2 UCET

George Thain

Bane Willedhelm
[Jaws?: Luck=2] The weather was not all that was calm, there was no sign of any megafauna hoping for a snack either. But a fisherman had patience. In the meantime Bane and the others played dice poker with some scrimshaw dice the young fishermen had brought along, with one individual always watching the sea. [Dice Poker: Luck=9] Bane won more than he lost today.

+ 3 shillings

Herman Tongs
[Shape (Simple): Pipe=8, 7 Reservoir=4, Corkscrew (Moderate)= 6, Hone (Moderate): Pipe=4, 7] Herman’s first batch produced two pipe molds, but nothing else.

[Shape (Simple): Reservoir=5, Corkscrew (Moderate)= 12, Hone (Moderate): Reservoir=7, Corkscrew (Difficult)=7] He focused hard on the corkscrew again and the mold turned out perfect. The reservoir was iffy, but he’d cast it and see what happened

[Pour (Moderate): Pipe=9 + 1, 5 + 2, Reservoir=11 + 1, Corkscrew= 6 + 3] His corkscrew and reservoir both turned out better than they had before. The reservoir actually looked really great. Pipes weren’t bad either, all in all, and at least now he had the right number. ((Sorry, wasn’t at my usual computer for the last turn, didn’t have most of my little notes, and I didn’t read through your list carefully. :( ))

- Fair Reservoir, - Fair Corkscrew, + Well-Made Pipe, + Great Pipe, + Perfect Reservoir, + Great Corkscrew

Wol Fann
[You OK?: Moderate= 9] The toxicologist asked all his usual questions and did all of his usual poking and prodding. No apparent health issues, heart normal, slight nausea after that volume of any herb is reasonable, breathing is regular, slight dizziness is known to be a symptom of red vine poisoning, should fade. No reason to be alarmed for the poor fellow.
[Concentrate!: Moderate= 6] He would need to distill a solution of the herbs in water to try and purify the toxins. He didn’t have a means to do that on hand.

My Area

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Innovate - Turn 18: Poker Face
« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2014, 12:18:07 am »

Continue to wait.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Innovate - Turn 18: Poker Face
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2014, 01:29:25 am »

Cast a piece of Sea Silver, shape doesn't matter. Grind it into a powder. Difficult, I'd imagine, but worth it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16