Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Illion : Mech RPG: Game thread:  (Read 14174 times)

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: Game thread:
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2014, 05:55:15 am »

Quote from: G, To: All
>So it begins<
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:56:52 am by Again_Dejavu »
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2014, 10:21:04 am »

Just so you all know, I did not do that.
"Uh-huh..."

Hurry to the Orca and hope it's a space-mech!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2014, 12:24:03 pm »

Lucen curses to herself as she makes her way to the Shadow Strider. Climbing up the ladder on one of it's legs, she hops over to a ledge outside the cockpit and tells the cockpit to open. It does so, and she jumps into her seat, the casing closing back down around her as she starts going through boot-up procedures.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2014, 01:27:23 pm »

Alec mutters softly to himself as he rides the cable up to Hurricane Spirit's cockpit, "Not like sis at all, then. Gorram crazy mercs..."

Main screen turn on.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:39:28 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2014, 03:37:27 pm »

Lucen grins back, the knife disappearing quickly, and with as little indication as when it had come out. She leaned back and meets Alice's gaze dead on, deep eyes conveying just as much will as her new ally. The grin was a lopsided thing, endearing in it's not-quite-awkwardness, if one thought of it that way. Lucen, of course, simply thought she was being friendly, in the mercenary sort-of way.

"Katawai. But no, I didn't work for the Patriots; I was with SinCon Corps. before it fell under. I got my D-22 as a scrap-heap, but I've fixed it up, installed some things on it that you don't typically find. Voice-coded passwords are always nice, especially when they recognize if you're under duress. Saved my ass more than once. Yours is the X-47, I take it? Pretty piece of work, that. Don't usually see that many tubes on one though, if I remember right. You add 'em yourself?"

The grin relaxed, became more openly friendly. Nah, not my work. The X-47-B is a lot more common, and it's only got the two rocket racks, so most people think of that one. A extra laser, but I like the additional missiles, though. Can make a lotta noise with all of those."

----

She quickly climbed up the ladder, keyed the code in and swung inside. A handscan let her through the tiny decontamination chamber - more a cupboard, really - and she thudded into her seat. The cameras on the armoured carapace came into focus as the screens around her lit up.

"Rocket Raven, darlin', time to dance."She growled happily, and the machine almost seemed to growl with her as it came alive.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: Game thread: WIP
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2014, 09:19:36 am »

Turn 1: Raid on the HMV Argo

General Battlefield description

The huge, primary hanger of the HMV Argo, a massive cylinder almost 1 kilometer long, and 1 km from top to bottom. A spindle runs through the center, 500 meters above you, carrying the cranes that allow cargo to be moved through the bay. As cargo is easier to handle in zero gravity, most of it has been suspended of the spindle. The wind howls as the cargo flies by overhead at almost 360 kilometers an hour (relatively). Several elevators hanging from the Spindle are disgorging passengers, who're hastily making their way to the shuttles docked to the exterior hull. Though preferably, you would be utilizing one of these, 2 ACL (Atmospheric Cargo Lifters) are located on the far end of the cylinder, which could make for an appropriate ride, if you could fly them through an airlock moving at 360 kmh.

The Argo is an older vessel, as clearly identified by the fact that it still relies on inertial systems to provide artificial gravity, rather than much simpler, modern, non-inertial alternatives. Other evidence of that is that it still relies on massed amounts of manual labor, through mech's, rather than the massive cargo cranes present in later designs.

Kaoru Hashimoto

Your computer assisted sensor systems allow you to identify 4 Small Mechs between the inner cargo. It's hard to make out details due to speed, but they're likely only lightly armed support mechs. In the distance, you spot a Huge Mech  moving crates.

Angel Carlson

The IR-Thermal vision notes a multitude of hot spots on the floor. According to the automated computer system, cross-referencing the ships blueprints, these are the emergency life support system,  burning oxygen candles, which can explode violently if mishandled.

Lucen

You manage to confirm the findings, but your sensors also manage to pick up the locations of cargo clearly marked as belonging the Terran Hegemony. You don't know what's in them, but the way they're secured clearly indicates that it's cargo to be handled carefully. The one problems is, taking it out will send debris bouncing around the hull (where you're standing) at a little over a 100 meter per second.

Kiren Violik

The sensor system picks up 2 mechs amidst the evacuation civilians. They seem to be preparing some cargo for immediate loading. Must be important, if they're willing to prioritize that over the evacuation.

Alice Konicek

All systems are operational, though you're not entirely sure how the missile systems will fare in this complex environment with varying wind speed and high centrifugal force working as gravity. The fact that you're firing  chemical incendiary's in an enclosed space is but an afterthought.

Allec Carrick

Your sensor system doesn't pick up anything that others hadn't already found. The Sattelite based sensor does give you the locations of all the docked ships, in case you want to punch out of this vessel, and into the next.

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Players:

Spoiler: Mech Health (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Angel Carlson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lucen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadow Strider (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kiren Violik (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Violet Night (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alice Konicek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rocket Raven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Mech health (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mech Stats (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:28:44 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2014, 09:28:35 am »

Quote from: G; To All
Do not fire on civilians. We need the support of the people.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2014, 10:12:10 am »

((*notes his mech still lacks health*))
((*notes his sensors are apparently broken or offline for some reason*))

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2014, 10:14:49 am »

((It has health, he just didn't change the spoiler title))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2014, 10:18:39 am »

(( It's almost like there's a OOC for this sort of stuff.))

"I'd say we hold fire until we're closer, then blast 'em. Not sure my missiles are gonna like this wind to much if they're goin' a long way."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2014, 10:40:15 am »

"On the flipside, my rounds travel fast enough that the spin shouldn't be much of a problem, and there's no muzzle flash..."
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:16:18 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2014, 11:04:10 am »

"We don't want them to get reinforcements. I'd say it's time to light up those lifts good and proper. But we should all open fire at once."

When everyone is ready, fire a full salvo of incendiary missiles at the elevators. No one's getting through that!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2014, 11:05:02 am »

"Fighting is a last resort. Never know what might go catastrophically wrong when someone thinks their life is in danger. They don't have much for weapons; displaying ours might give them a good reason to go join the evacuators. Then we can focus on breaking some Terran cargo; I' sending it's location to you now."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2014, 11:07:07 am »

"They gopt a right big buddy back there. They aren't gonna want to back down.

We're here to cripple them. Leaving 'em mechs ain't how you do that."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2014, 11:14:02 am »

"With the mechs down they'll have a rough time loading cargo. Smash 'em first, then go for the cargo. Maybe secure a little of it for the militias, eh?"

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13