Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Illion : Mech RPG: Game thread:  (Read 14200 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: Game thread:
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2014, 06:20:58 pm »

I had a rather Eventful childhood. Never got shot though, got hit by a little bit of shrapnel at one point, but that didn't go anywhere near my head.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2014, 06:26:27 pm »

"If we're talkin' that crap, most of mine are ta do with nearly sucking vacuum. 'cept that one time on leave with those asshole fighter jocks..."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2014, 06:35:01 pm »

My rule is always bring a stupidly bright flashlight with me when I'm not in my mech, if they can't see me and their retinas are seared off, then they can't shoot me or stab me.

Kiren fishes around one of his pockets and pulls out a rather compact flashlight. Anyone wanna see? It's got 7k lumens and an internal cooling system. It'll peal the paint off the wall with the heat it gives off.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2014, 06:37:54 pm »

Lucen sighs. Looks like she couldn't ignore these bozos much longer (at least they were smart enough to see how screwed up the whole thing with the kid soldier was, though...).

"Lucen Katawai. Mine's the D-22."

Her voice seems overly gruff, but not so much that it draws (much) attention. She goes back to what looks like napping, then.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2014, 06:42:05 pm »

((Juuust for future reference, Kiren is 18 physically, mentally in some aspects he is much much much younger.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2014, 07:50:28 pm »

You do realize this entire job is "go kill a bunch of people" right?
"Yeah, but they're bad guys."

Quote from: Various
[Introductions]
"I'm Angel! I had to drive a mech once, and I was good at it, so they want me keep doing it. It's fun, I can't wait to do it again!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2014, 08:01:51 pm »

Are they bad? Do you even know what the rebels plan on doing after they win? If they even win?

Evil is a very subjective thing, in reality, nothing is truly evil. It's all a matter of opinion. Some would say I'm evil because I kill for money and occasionally entertainment, on the other hand, I can say I'm not because I occasionally interrupt contracts I dislike and leave. This isn't a sim Angel, you are killing real people, with lifes, families, friends, maybe even children, if I hadn't shown an aptitude for mechanized combat, I would have been a child soldier, cannon fodder. A child handed a gun. Sorta like you, except you didn't grow up. I suggest doing so, everyone you kill has someone to morn for them. Everyone you kill has a friend who will cry at their death. Many you kill will have wives and husbands who love them and who are counting on them to come home safely and provide for their family. Many you kill will have children, innocent, children. Who's parents you Kill. You Kill their parents because they are on a Different side from you. Evil has Nothing to do with this. Grow up. You kill fathers and mothers and husbands and wives and Children. Yes, You kill Children. Can you honestly say children are Evil? When you yourself are one? Is it fun to murder innocents? Really? Because someone tells you to? You're a child soldier. And so are some of the people on their side. It is all a matter of opinion.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2014, 08:04:34 pm »

Are they bad? Do you even know what the rebels plan on doing after they win? If they even win?

Evil is a very subjective thing, in reality, nothing is truly evil. It's all a matter of opinion. Some would say I'm evil because I kill for money and occasionally entertainment, on the other hand, I can say I'm not because I occasionally interrupt contracts I dislike and leave. This isn't a sim Angel, you are killing real people, with lifes, families, friends, maybe even children, if I hadn't shown an aptitude for mechanized combat, I would have been a child soldier, cannon fodder. A child handed a gun. Sorta like you, except you didn't grow up. I suggest doing so, everyone you kill has someone to morn for them. Everyone you kill has a friend who will cry at their death. Many you kill will have wives and husbands who love them and who are counting on them to come home safely and provide for their family. Many you kill will have children, innocent, children. Who's parents you Kill. You Kill their parents because they are on a Different side from you. Evil has Nothing to do with this. Grow up. You kill fathers and mothers and husbands and wives and Children. Yes, You kill Children. Can you honestly say children are Evil? When you yourself are one? Is it fun to murder innocents? Really? Because someone tells you to? You're a child soldier. And so are some of the people on their side. It is all a matter of opinion.

"Personally, I don't think you're evil, but if you break your contracts, I think you're a scumbag."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2014, 08:06:46 pm »

It's in the contract that I have the right to refund them and leave if I dislike the missions, I make this veeery clear and list off the kinds of things I will not do.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2014, 08:14:33 pm »

Alice began cleaning her ear with her little finger.
"Mother Ganymede, she's started a bloody speech."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2014, 08:17:31 pm »

"If that's the case, why would you have to break any of them? Why bother being a mercenary at all if you're too squeamish to deal with the consequences."

Lucen sighed. "Look. I don't like this job. I don't think anyone does. But I have standards. My only question is whether you people do. You just fucking well said you kill for entertainment. Regardless of what I say, and ignoring what the law usually says about us mercs, that makes you a murderer, plain and simple. So my question is, how can I trust a murderer who breaks contracts not to shoot me in the back when I'm not looking? Why shouldn't I put a needle through your skull first chance I get? I didn't see anything in my contract that said I shouldn't."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2014, 08:26:51 pm »

A good example is I don't kill children if at all possible, would you go on a mission that specifically says "Go blow up the following orphanages and schools?" I know I wouldn't, and that has been a mission assigned to me before, I refunded them and left. Simple as that.

I don't go and attack the faction that I break contract with. I refund them, minus the costs for the time I have already spend working them and leave.

The reason you shouldn't is because I don't attack the faction I break contract with, nor do I take contracts with the opposing faction if I broke contract. I don't attack anyone unless it is absolutely necessary to complete a contract. Fun is a side benefit and I would be just as happy shooting armed drones.

I'm also assuming that they put "Mission comes first" in your contract? Meaning killing team members voids your contract. Course that doesn't really mean too much cause they aren't here to see.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2014, 08:31:24 pm »

"Still means you might decide to bugger off and leave us in the lurch. Maybe if he did put a needle through your cockpit they could hire someone who ain't likely to walk off if he get's his sensibilities all offended."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:59:45 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2014, 08:33:27 pm »

A good example is I don't kill children if at all possible, would you go on a mission that specifically says "Go blow up the following orphanages and schools?" I know I wouldn't, and that has been a mission assigned to me before, I refunded them and left. Simple as that.

I don't go and attack the faction that I break contract with. I refund them, minus the costs for the time I have already spend working them and leave.

The reason you shouldn't is because I don't attack the faction I break contract with, nor do I take contracts with the opposing faction if I broke contract. I don't attack anyone unless it is absolutely necessary to complete a contract. Fun is a side benefit and I would be just as happy shooting armed drones.

I'm also assuming that they put "Mission comes first" in your contract? Meaning killing team members voids your contract. Course that doesn't really mean too much cause they aren't here to see.

"Killing a team-member without reason, sure. My question for you, now, is why you took a contract that said you were going to blow up orphanages and schools, and then refunded it anyway. Unless you're the type that just goes in for the 'Do what you say, boss' contracts."

Lucen said it with a slight sneer in her voice, only mostly a figment of her persona. She didn't see why people went for those contracts; they never ended well.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2014, 08:41:53 pm »

I took a contract that said "Destroy designated targets" The first few targets were reasonable targets, such as paramilitary bases and outposts. Then they just suddenly threw a list of orphanages to blow up at me and I just flat out refused.

And my mech has a deadman trigger, it'll go nuclear if I die. Fun thing you can do with UGV capability. No way for you to salvage it.

And with this contract specifically, I still need transport back to the planet, not much of a reason to "bugger off" as you put it if I will be stranded in a hotzone of enemy combatants.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13