Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

Author Topic: Illion : Mech RPG: 6/5 Players  (Read 29413 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: 6/5 Players
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2014, 03:13:12 pm »

I'll wait, then.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2014, 03:15:57 pm »

The Hashimoto Kai has its final support equipment, so it should be good to go. Unless I'm missing something else, of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2014, 05:13:54 pm »

So.

We're supposed to be roleplaying somewhere? What are we doing there?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2014, 05:15:46 pm »

Being brotasticle bros, brother
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2014, 05:16:09 pm »

As a side note guys, I also got an RTD going using that mech sheet if you're all interested :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 09, 2014, 08:00:15 am »

So, sorry, it appears the longer update failed to post, and the new one is kind off inferior.

So currently, all of you're in the star cruiser HMS Argo, and have some time to get to know each other before the strike occurs, at which point you're expected to make your way to the primary cargo bay and blow stuff up.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2014, 06:44:52 pm »

OOC Thread is here for a reason Kevak. :p

Lucen looks like she's about 20 or so for a guy; she's actually 27. :D

EDIT: Ebbor, can I assume most weapons ammunition is measured in bursts, then(most tanks carry 50+ shells, if I'm only carrying 20 gauss needles...)? Also, how much damage does my gauss gun do? Is there a particular reason my gauss gun is less accurate than Flying Dice's? The caliber?

EDIT2: Can I also ask what my other subsystems and whatnot do?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 06:48:34 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 09, 2014, 06:54:04 pm »

*is lazy*
*doesn't feel like searching for the ooc thread link he has*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2014, 06:58:15 pm »

That's my assumption. It might also have something to do with the fact that yours has a bunch of other crap on it. On a related note I was also curious about the Gauss cannons and railguns; I'd thought that them not having an ammo listing is because they generally fire projectiles that are so small that a) there's not much beyond a tiny pellet, ergo no fancy features, and b) ammunition storage isn't an issue. Unless you're suggesting that a many-ton mech can only carry twenty ball bearings that are ~1cm in diameter. Because seriously, a single 120-round belt of MG ammo would still take up as much/more space than 120 Gauss rounds, and the secondary head-mounted heavy MG on GD's mech is listed as carrying 1200 rounds. :|

Ofc. it's also partially that the two of us literally have nothing offensive other than our Gauss cannons, so it could at least be balanced by the fact that their ammo is tiny.  :P

@Kevak: Yep, and Alec is a bit under 23 (and thinks Kiren is a girl, heh), so it fits about right.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:05:06 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2014, 07:03:10 pm »

That's my assumption. It might also have something to do with the fact that yours has a bunch of other crap on it. On a related note I was also curious about the Gauss cannons and railguns; I'd thought that them not having an ammo listing is because they generally fire projectiles that are so small that a) there's not much beyond a tiny pellet, ergo no fancy features, and b) ammunition storage isn't an issue. Unless you're suggesting that a many-ton mech can only carry twenty ball bearings that are ~1cm in diameter. Because seriously, a single 120-round belt of MG ammo would still take up as much/more space than 120 Gauss rounds, and the secondary head-mounted heavy MG on GD's mech is listed as carrying 1200 rounds. :|

Ofc. it's also partially that the two of us literally have nothing offensive other than our Gauss cannons, so it could at least be balanced by the fact that their ammo is tiny.  :P

@Kevak: Yep, and Alec is a bit under 23 (and thinks Kiren is a girl, heh), so it fits about right.

Uhhh...

I really don't buy the whole '1 cm ball bearing' thing as ammo for a gauss cannon. Just saying.

A. No aerodynamics; you need what is effectively a tungsten needle for it to survive the speeds it's going at and hit the target
B. Inefficient armor penetration; again, a needle is far better; since you don't need to worry about relative mass(since the more mass there is, the more mass is being pulled by the magnet) for any reason beyond recoil(not a negligible consideration, granted), I'm thinking they're more like 20-30 cm long needle-shaped projectiles.
C. Pellets are dumb. :p

As for them not having an ammo listing, i figure it's because only one type of ammo can survive being shot out/they can only really use one kind of specialized ammo.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2014, 07:04:35 pm »

Well if Alec and Kiren ever progress down that path of a relationship, Alec is in for a suprise.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 09, 2014, 07:10:59 pm »

Uhhh...

I really don't buy the whole '1 cm ball bearing' thing as ammo for a gauss cannon. Just saying.

A. No aerodynamics; you need what is effectively a tungsten needle for it to survive the speeds it's going at and hit the target
B. Inefficient armor penetration; again, a needle is far better; since you don't need to worry about relative mass(since the more mass there is, the more mass is being pulled by the magnet) for any reason beyond recoil(not a negligible consideration, granted), I'm thinking they're more like 20-30 cm long needle-shaped projectiles.
C. Pellets are dumb. :p

As for them not having an ammo listing, i figure it's because only one type of ammo can survive being shot out/they can only really use one kind of specialized ammo.

Okay, so you have a bunch of ~1cm-wide needles. That doesn't change the meat of the argument that there's no way 20 needles like that occupy the same volume as 50x 22.5mm grenades, 30x 39mm howitzer rounds, 1200x 15mm rifle rounds, &c. Hell, GD's mech is also Small and it can pack in something like 750 10mm missiles.  Unless the needles are also like two meters long, but we're talking realistic here.  :P

Oh and if for some reason we need a planetary map, try the donjon generator. Here's an example of one I mocked up for an idea I'm working on:
Spoiler: New tab. Trust me. (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 09, 2014, 07:21:46 pm »

Your image is broken
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 09, 2014, 07:23:54 pm »

RL Railgun:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Little bit more than a needle, especially with the casing. Still not large by any means, but it's not a BB.

Also, game balance. Presumably the rest of the space is taken up with capacitors and stuff.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 09, 2014, 07:26:57 pm »

That would be a massive amount of capacitors.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34