Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34

Author Topic: Illion : Mech RPG: 6/5 Players  (Read 29389 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: 0/5 Players
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2014, 10:41:21 am »

Spoiler: Alice Konicek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: rolled (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Mech health (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: 6/5 Players
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2014, 10:48:41 am »

protip guys, just use mm for caliber measurements. It's actually acceptable according to wikipedia
Will do. Here's hoping that's the caliber measurement they intended.

....what did you use to roll? Those are definitely some at least mildly crazy rolls.
random.org

Not sure why infantry makes a difference, but alright.
Infantry always makes a difference. Combined-arms is pretty much vital to any realistic military engagement. You don't see armies sending in waves of nothing but tanks; why would they only send mechs? They have many of the same weaknesses (and strengths) as modern armor, and roughly the same as cavalry of earlier centuries.
TL;DR: One weapon will never win a war alone.

I think it's funny how half the weapons are highly-advanced, and the other ones are bullshittingly old.
Indeed.

Yay, I'm in! Sheet edited; since the mech's okay, I added in my (one, hopefully-minor) Trait. Let me know what you think of it.

I think that's about right. Feel free to disagree.
I get two? I need to think of another, then.
How powerful would a mech have to be for the owner to get only one trait?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2014, 10:57:21 am »

Well judging how my mech is a stealthy ninja machine of absurdly powerful laser death.. I don't know.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2014, 11:01:42 am »

protip guys, just use mm for caliber measurements. It's actually acceptable according to wikipedia
Will do. Here's hoping that's the caliber measurement they intended.
Pretty sure it is. Other wise you get silly things.

I get two? I need to think of another, then.
How powerful would a mech have to be for the owner to get only one trait?
It's relative power levels. Currently, everyone is quite ridicously powerful, so that'll be fun. Besides, half the players can't use half their arsenal without killing the other half.

Well judging how my mech is a stealthy ninja machine of absurdly powerful laser death.. I don't know.
It might be stealthy, but it is still 20 meters tall.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2014, 11:03:21 am »

Not sure why infantry makes a difference, but alright.
Infantry always makes a difference. Combined-arms is pretty much vital to any realistic military engagement. You don't see armies sending in waves of nothing but tanks; why would they only send mechs? They have many of the same weaknesses (and strengths) as modern armor, and roughly the same as cavalry of earlier centuries.
TL;DR: One weapon will never win a war alone.
Context, GWG, context. I was saying that I didn't see why it made a difference that it was an illegal war fought by infantry,rather than just any plain old illegal war.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2014, 11:06:34 am »

It might be stealthy, but it is still 20 meters tall.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT SIR? THAT IS CLEARLY A GIANT TREE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CONCRETE WARZONE! NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

Always, Still pretty stealthy for a giant war machine.

My sheet should be done I think.

Edit: Also RG, We can DoubleTrap it seems.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2014, 11:08:22 am »

Oh, 10ebbor? According to that table, Gilgamesh is not only firing 128 missiles, he's firing ones the size of those old ww2 artillery rockets(at least the ones they put on planes, like the HVARs). Goddamn that's a MMM
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2014, 11:09:18 am »

Oh, 10ebbor? According to that table, Gilgamesh is not only firing 128 missiles, he's firing ones the size of those old ww2 artillery rockets(at least the ones they put on planes, like the HVARs). Goddamn that's a MMM
Oh My..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2014, 11:10:31 am »

Nah, he isn't. The Caliber of the missiles isn't actually rolled for. In fact, they're quite smallish.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2014, 11:18:30 am »

So is the caliber only the number of tubes? Because it seemed like it wanted you to roll for the size of the rockets.

What does Touchscreen Controls do? Because it's either that or IR Silhouette Stealth Plating for my Extra.

@Kevak: I'm actually wondering if I shouldn't change to Reverse Trap. I had it in mind at first but wasn't sure, but now it seems like it might work with this group.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2014, 11:21:18 am »

Umm, quoting from the PDF: (+40 calibre, calibre/4= number of tubes, x, b+s). with the bolded emphasis on that comma. That implies that that is an x amount of y sized tubes, with the x determined by y/4.

Of course, this is your game, so you can say what size they are actually. So, feel free to ignore me
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2014, 11:22:26 am »

Either works RG, but I think it would be amusing to DoubleTrap if Ebbor allows shipping. Cause all sorts of mischief can happen with two Traps going at someone.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2014, 11:26:03 am »

Umm, quoting from the PDF: (+40 calibre, calibre/4= number of tubes, x, b+s). with the bolded emphasis on that comma. That implies that that is an x amount of y sized tubes, with the x determined by y/4.

Of course, this is your game, so you can say what size they are actually. So, feel free to ignore me
I could do that, but with that armament it would mean his mech could hardly carry 1 load of missiles. His current load-out is strong enough to wipe out most things he faces.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Illion : Mech RPG: 0/5 Players
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2014, 11:30:33 am »

Spoiler: Kiren Violik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Violet Night (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 12:41:39 pm by 10ebbor10 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2014, 11:34:50 am »

I don't think that these two are clusters:

Secondary (70) (Torso)   Recoil-less Rifle 101 mm Calibre Chain autoloader, Incendiary Benzine.
                 - Aiming Difficulty: 4*d60 (Cluster, after all)
                 - Fire damage: d40 (1 turn only)

Secondary (38) (Right Shoulder)  Microwave Emitter 9.4MW
- Aiming Difficulty: d40 (Cluster, after all)
                 - EMP damage: 47 (4 turns recharge)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34