Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 750005 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.
« Reply #26025 on: August 02, 2015, 10:11:52 pm »

"I want to jump on Michelson's head from here. We've also got the Nomad as backup."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26026 on: August 02, 2015, 10:12:08 pm »

Bartimaeus takes some food from Ashley's fridge.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #26027 on: August 02, 2015, 10:17:44 pm »

"You could at least ask before you take something."

"Right... Well, our priority is to get Dalia out. So we need to take out the couple of guards and Michelson."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26028 on: August 02, 2015, 10:22:36 pm »

"Can I have some of whatever the fuck this is?"
He takes out some spoiled cheese.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26029 on: August 02, 2015, 10:25:01 pm »

"Sure..."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26030 on: August 02, 2015, 10:40:45 pm »

"Think you can put up a shield around her while I bombard the area?"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26031 on: August 02, 2015, 10:45:39 pm »

"That should do."
Isaac waits for Kaiser to prepare to bombard the room, then throws up a protective bubble around Dalia.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26032 on: August 02, 2015, 11:50:00 pm »

Bartimaeus eats it.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26033 on: August 03, 2015, 12:27:03 am »

Kaiser flings hundreds of metallic darts into the air, each one facing downwards.

((tn and damage are up to you))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26034 on: August 03, 2015, 08:18:13 am »

It takes a little more precious mana for Kaiser and Isaac to prepare their ambush, but hopefully they'll soon be out of this terrible place. As the bubble snaps into place around Dalia, hundreds of flechettes fall onto the heads of the unsuspecting people below. It is an utter massacre. Michelson and the guards are cut down almost instantly by the sheer number of projectiles hitting them. Many of the civilians are hit in the crossfire, a few fatally, their screams of agony loud enough to reach the pair on the roof and anyone outside. In a panic they rush out of the room, leaving behind the dead and heavily wounded.

Despite Michelson being killed, the warping at the center of the room does not cease. Then something clicks in Kaiser and Isaac's minds and they realize that they're looking at a tentacle of a Parasite Source, sucking up mana so greedily that it causes light to distort in its presence. Lesser parasites flee the room as their larger cousin wraps its tentacle around a beam in the roof and starts to pull itself up. Michelson might be dead but somehow it seems like the ritual has not been completely stopped. The cuts and runes on the bodies of the eight people in the circle must be providing enough of an opening for the Parasite Source to drag itself onto Earth, even with no one directing the blood magic.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26035 on: August 03, 2015, 08:24:31 am »

Kaiser fires a few more flechettes away, causing the beam to snap.

"Okay, we can either grab Dalia or run, or make sure that thing doesn't come over for a visit."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:26:26 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26036 on: August 03, 2015, 11:52:54 am »

"I would say let's kill it, but we both use magic pretty heavily... If we could get an anti-magic field down there it'd be enough, I'd say."
Isaac focuses on using the bubble to bring Dalia up to the roof, cringing from pain as he does so.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26037 on: August 03, 2015, 12:14:04 pm »

Kaiser fires a few more flechettes away, causing the beam to snap.

"Okay, we can either grab Dalia or run, or make sure that thing doesn't come over for a visit."

Kaiser fires off more flechettes to break the beam that the creature is holding onto, causing it to break off with a loud snap and crash to the ground. Unperturbed, the parasite reaches up to grab at another beam, tearing off more until it finds one solid enough to bear its weight. The roof, which Kaiser and Isaac are standing on, starts to creak and groan alarmingly. Who knows how much more damage it can sustain before it comes crashing down, taking the pair with it?

"I would say let's kill it, but we both use magic pretty heavily... If we could get an anti-magic field down there it'd be enough, I'd say."
Isaac focuses on using the bubble to bring Dalia up to the roof, cringing from pain as he does so.

The bubble starts to rise up a couple of feet, and then the massive parasite pushes up another tentacle through the floor. It quickly coils around the bubble, sucking out all of the magic within it until it pops. With surprising gentleness the limb places Dalia back in her circle so that she can keep powering the ritual. Once it has made certain that she is safe, the tentacle starts to weave back and forth, slowly heading up towards the roof as it senses out the interlopers trying to stop it.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26038 on: August 03, 2015, 12:26:59 pm »

Isaac takes a deep breath, then jumps down into the room, slowing himself with tiny projections. He throws a spike that grinds against the ground, hopefully causing some damage to the magic circle, towards the parasite.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #26039 on: August 06, 2015, 08:21:26 am »

[color=cyan"We can only wait and watch it happen, in hopeless stupor."[/color][/glow]
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 ... 1757