Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 750537 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Airship Sieges and Moving Apartments (sorta)
« Reply #15300 on: September 25, 2014, 04:48:08 pm »

"/Isaac. I wish to speak to your king./"

((How does Icarus even know the language?))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #15301 on: September 25, 2014, 04:50:02 pm »

((what language? dwarven? How does Isaac know dwarven?))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15302 on: September 25, 2014, 04:53:46 pm »

((Son of Ea, god of magic and crafts. There's a myth involving him and dwarves. It makes sense as to why Isaac would somehow understand it.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15303 on: September 25, 2014, 04:57:27 pm »

((And all dwarves, not just the ones around babylon, speak the same langauge? Anyway, PN can handle this however he wants to, Icarus may not be understood I guess))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15304 on: September 25, 2014, 05:00:40 pm »

((Raw adamantine is usually blue in color, and changes color depending on how it's refined. The stuff is extremely strong, obviously, and some types can even reflect magic like metal reflects light. Stuff made from adamantine sometimes get a percent damage reduction, or weapons made from the stuff can pack a real punch. It's very heavy, however, and would decrease speed.
Mithril is extremely lightweight, allowing it to be maneuvered easier at the expense of less damage. It's excellent for things such as weapons because of their lightness, and for people who prefer light armor.))

"The Arcane Seal, from what we know, is some kind of artifact which the LAs need. And this is a thaumogram."

The dwarf looks blankly at Isaac and Icarus. He then starts to speak English.
 "Why?

Oh, nice construct you have there. Only heard of sentient ones in stories though. How did you do it, do tell!"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15305 on: September 25, 2014, 05:03:17 pm »

((You'd think the languages would be somewhat similar, such as French, English, and Spanish are all rooted from Latin, and have a lot of similarities.
And also, you're assuming Ea hasn't visited these dwarves before, which he probably has as long as PN says that's okay. But even if all of what I said isn't the case, Isaac is still adept at picking up new languages because magic. No, none of his hidden demigod abilities have any combat capabilities.))

"Oh, you speak English. Cool. Anyways, there's a rebellion on the surface, and they'd like to use you to their advantage. I'm simply here to stop that."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15306 on: September 25, 2014, 05:03:59 pm »

"We will have talk for vaguealy racist smalltalk later, for now we have bigger fish to fry."

---

"It's rather unscientific to make such an assumption. We know little about the seal, and all your readings is showing is that the stone is imbued with magic of some kind. Could be anything."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15307 on: September 25, 2014, 05:07:29 pm »

((You'd think the languages would be somewhat similar, such as French, English, and Spanish are all rooted from Latin, and have a lot of similarities.
And also, you're assuming Ea hasn't visited these dwarves before, which he probably has as long as PN says that's okay. But even if all of what I said isn't the case, Isaac is still adept at picking up new languages because magic. No, none of his hidden demigod abilities have any combat capabilities.))

"Oh, you speak English. Cool. Anyways, there's a rebellion on the surface, and they'd like to use you to their advantage. I'm simply here to stop that."
"The Libera Arcana is a valuable trade partner with my forges. Why would you stop it?"

"We will have talk for vaguealy racist smalltalk later, for now we have bigger fish to fry."
"We have some lakes down deeper if you wanna' fish."

"What other stone is imbued with this type of magic? It's almost pure arcane. If it's not the Seal, then I don't know what it could be."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 05:09:28 pm by PrivateNomad »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15308 on: September 25, 2014, 05:10:45 pm »

"Not stop your trade, just make sure you don't join their efforts."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15309 on: September 25, 2014, 05:11:54 pm »

"How odd, why would a valueable tradepartner try to drill a tunnel into the mountain to get in, instead of contacting you the same way your metal leaves the mountain? Because Franziska and Elysia were doing just that, before we stopped them. Humm, unless they wanted to enter unseen, take the arcane seal and get out, without your consent, that may be an explanation."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15310 on: September 25, 2014, 05:20:15 pm »

"Not stop your trade, just make sure you don't join their efforts."
"What my king does, doesn't involve me. The Libera Arcana buys my mythril and adamantine, and they pay me large in return. They say that we should come out and join them, but I really don't care either way. As long as I get business, I'm happy."

"How odd, why would a valueable tradepartner try to drill a tunnel into the mountain to get in, instead of contacting you the same way your metal leaves the mountain? Because Franziska and Elysia were doing just that, before we stopped them. Humm, unless they wanted to enter unseen, take the arcane seal and get out, without your consent, that may be an explanation."
"Our entrance is hidden, so surfacedwellers like you won't come barging in here. If they need in we tell em' to do it their selves and seal the hole. We have teleportation circles set up to export the metal, thanks to Keana."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15311 on: September 25, 2014, 05:21:11 pm »

"You mind showing us to your king, then?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15312 on: September 25, 2014, 05:21:52 pm »

Dalia is still wandering around Maria's house, looking to tell someone about Sen and company. And if she can't find anyone, she'd head into the Nomad instead to alert Kaiser about this.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15313 on: September 25, 2014, 05:21:57 pm »

"Well, and the arcane seal?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15314 on: September 25, 2014, 05:23:08 pm »

"Ugh, fine. Rugulf, take over the forge while I'm gone!" he yells to a nearby dwarf who begins to run around, doing work and issuing orders. The forgemaster gestures them to follow and begins to tread through a hall.
 He looks at Icarus.
 "The what now?"
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1757