Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 751362 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Suddenly, PCs
« Reply #12810 on: August 24, 2014, 11:54:02 pm »

((I really don't want to completely fuck over your boss fight to where it dies really early... but the need to showcase ability that I've had planned forever ;-;))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12811 on: August 24, 2014, 11:55:23 pm »

((I really don't want to completely fuck over your boss fight to where it dies really early... but the need to showcase ability that I've had planned forever ;-;))

((Don't worry; it'll be back. This wasn't supposed to take this long anyway; I said 180 stat points, but 26 of those are dead weight since it doesn't use Mana, and I'm thinking next time make it more glass, less cannon...or vice versa. Ehehehhehe.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12812 on: August 25, 2014, 12:19:02 am »

((Oh, then this'll be perfect timing then.))

Ashley casts Chaos Star Barrage.

Ashley creates a bubble that freezes time within it, while keeping herself able to move inside. She strikes the beast, and with each attack, her movement speed increases with each swing. -20 mana, causing 10 strikes (auto hit, just roll normally to figure debuffs) to the beast, afterwards, the bubble dissipates, dealing damage (for a Big magic act with void affinity boost assuming it's of Creation.)

Tobias simply flies forward to attempt to cut off one of the guns.

The Shadow has 3 turns left on this plane after this turn, and casts Terror 4 again.

Projeck having learned where the fight is exactly, Isaac does his special move, Aerial Lance!
Spoiler: Aerial Lance (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:21:49 am by Projeck37 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12813 on: August 25, 2014, 01:21:21 am »

((... I believe it's a very valid thing to bring up. Why can the metal monstrosity teleport for no reason when the base character can't? It makes no sense. And I swear to god if she has a 'god' in her I'm going to plot her death.))
((Teleportation in this case is mostly fluff, if you haven't noticed, and quite short range. Not void-based, true. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW, MAN))
((Yeah, there certainly is non-void teleportation, there was even an enemy in v2 with it. Plus, I don't see what the issue with it teleporting short distances is. It could just be moving so quickly people don't see it move, or distort space.

Plus it's doing plenty of things the base character isn't doing, so I would assume that whatever's controlling it either brought it's own abilities with it, or is just better at using the abilities than Kaotaro.))

Mary continues flying erratically at high speed from cover to cover. Again, she delays her action until either The Beast can be damaged by her magic, in which case she fires Arcane Solstice at it, OR everyone else has made their turn, in which case she continues charging.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #12814 on: August 25, 2014, 02:26:52 am »

((can I get an update regarding Icarus and Walpurgas everyones health and mana?))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12815 on: August 25, 2014, 05:25:28 am »

((Why are you guys complaining? This is a challenging scenario, one which has not been seen in this game for a long time. I quite frankly enjoy my characters being beat to shit because it's not like everything can be beat by 10 or so magical people.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12816 on: August 25, 2014, 05:46:19 am »

((Actually, RPG's going rather easy on us still. He's letting Ashley unveil her new ability without any real prior warning, and he gave Mary enough residual magic to keep her armor active for significantly longer than it was originally projected to last for.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12817 on: August 25, 2014, 06:01:33 am »

(why so many new abilities all the time? Anyway, until I know how much mana I have left, not much to do))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12818 on: August 25, 2014, 11:49:53 am »

((Why are you guys complaining? This is a challenging scenario, one which has not been seen in this game for a long time. I quite frankly enjoy my characters being beat to shit because it's not like everything can be beat by 10 or so magical people.))
((You'll love the other three, then. And the upgraded forms. :D))
((also, Akroma, I really don't have much of a clue how much mana /health is left, as that was affected by the Archon fight as well. I'll figure it out eventually.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12819 on: August 25, 2014, 11:55:19 am »

((Because Ashley has obviously been learning new ways to use her abilities with the void. At the beginning of v2 or whenever I joined it, Ashley was only able to teleport. She slowly developed new ways to use the void over time. Makes sense that people wouldn't know about her new ability since the time skip, and I also never thought about a special move for her.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12820 on: August 25, 2014, 12:03:46 pm »

((okaaay. Well, I'd almost try to abuse that and just use my abilities like IO had mana to no end, but I am pretty sure Icarus and Walpurga are both running out...))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12821 on: August 25, 2014, 12:09:05 pm »

((There is still a mana battery on the battlefield that sen created. Could tap into that that has been stealing mana for the entirety of the match :P))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12822 on: August 25, 2014, 12:38:48 pm »

Icarus flies down to Alice

"Alice, remember one of the things I told you when we first met? The part about IRIS basicaly dragging me through roughly 2000 hours worth of combat simulations? I know when a battle should be fought and when not. We need to retreat, this will end in a bloodbath."

Icarus, knowing full well that retreat might take a while to be done in an orderly fashion, refills her mana with Sens mana battery!

Walpurga, at the end of her mental strength, takes cover behind a tree and simply fires her gun at the foe!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: August 25, 2014, 12:55:37 pm »

Alice looked up towards Icarus as she came down towards her, she blinked trying to stop her vision from swimming.
"But the others..."
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12824 on: August 25, 2014, 12:57:23 pm »

"Will have to retreat as well in a coordinated fashion. YOU HEAR THAT GUYS? WE NEED TO BAIL. BATTLE ANALYSIS SUGGESTS NO HAPPY END TO THIS. TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO DECLARES THE GLASS AS HALF FULL AND THEN ASSAULTS GODS, RETREAT IS WISE!"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:07:00 pm by Akroma »
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 1757