Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 751561 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: All-Mighty Cock Up
« Reply #12345 on: August 14, 2014, 11:03:28 pm »

((I feel that this boss deserves it so I'm all for severely overpowered attacks right now. If there was warning or something then I'd be on board with the nerf.))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12346 on: August 14, 2014, 11:05:47 pm »

((Actually, I think the damage could stand: The attack is dodgeable with a simple Sen SKL vs Enemy SPD. When I first posted the attack, everyone seemed fine with it since it could be dodged.))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12347 on: August 14, 2014, 11:08:25 pm »

((Also, The attack is variable since it depends on how much paper stock Sen wants to use on it, Either she uses an entire paper case rendering her down in attack efficiency, or she uses barely any weakening the attack. This could be considered Sen's one ultimate special super extraordinary extravaganza attack.))
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12348 on: August 14, 2014, 11:10:00 pm »

((But it's, on average, 400 damage, for the low price of a paper case and 6 mana. Ho-ly fuuuuck.))

((I feel that this boss deserves it so I'm all for severely overpowered attacks right now. If there was warning or something then I'd be on board with the nerf.))

((I swear to god kj))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12349 on: August 14, 2014, 11:13:21 pm »

((400 if it hits. If a enemy has a higher speed than Sen, then the attack is just a ranged distraction as it hits the ground. It can only hit one person unless multiple people are literally touching and As I said, the paper is gone until end of battle. If sen loses any of her paper, it means more turn collecting paper she can still control. She runs out of paper then she's useless in melee combat. Also, She has 24 mana,  If anything make it cost more mana.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12350 on: August 14, 2014, 11:18:21 pm »

((And with Dalia debuffing speed, it will hit. Hard. I am not allowing you to have four of a spell that one shot kills pretty much anything.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12351 on: August 14, 2014, 11:21:39 pm »

((Graphing indicates that damage will most likely be between 380 and 520.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12352 on: August 14, 2014, 11:25:51 pm »

((And with Dalia debuffing speed, it will hit. Hard. I am not allowing you to have four of a spell that one shot kills pretty much anything.))

((Hell, I see that as being teamwork. Go Dalia for being best support. Also, I have 1 gaurenteed Kill spell and that's Bloom. Oh wait, It only kills if it hits which means it's dodgable.

I'm sorry smurf, but just because my character has 1 potential insta-kill ranged attack, does not mean it needs to be nerfed. As I have said many times now an easily dodge-able ranged attack is just a distraction when it has a higher chance of missing naturally than it does of hitting.

Yes, Statistically speaking, Sen's attack has a higher chance of missing.
))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12353 on: August 14, 2014, 11:34:32 pm »

((Yay for teamwork and planning. Not yay for two people doing hundreds of damage.

For the price of one replacable paper crate and 6 mana, it does 400 damage. That attack needs nerfing, or the cost needs to go up majorly. If it was like a 0.5/1% chance of hitting for a fair price, fine, but in this game, just... no.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12354 on: August 14, 2014, 11:37:14 pm »

((It would need to be really cheap to be a fair price at .5/1% chance of doing full damage. And as Emp said that is the chance that it does full damage I believe.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12355 on: August 14, 2014, 11:39:08 pm »

((Full damage chance gets rounded to zero pretty much. However, it would still deal between 380-520 most likely. Enough to kill nearly anything.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12356 on: August 14, 2014, 11:39:59 pm »

((I think if something gets that unlucky then it deserves to die.))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12357 on: August 14, 2014, 11:41:00 pm »

((It doesn't just do 400 damage. It reduces her effectiveness in combat by the amount of paper used, while also being dodgeable. It has a Target Number of 9, which with Sen's 15 in magic, is a 1 in 3 chance of it being a successful cast. Next, Sen's SKL is 13. If any opponent has a higher SPD then Sen's attack has a disadvantage to hit. Throw in any perks that mess with SPD or Physical resistance then the attack is useless. It's a physical attack. Plus What happens when Paper is exposed to electicity? It usually burns. If your worried that your archon is going to die with one attack then obviously you aren't thinking of small details.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12358 on: August 14, 2014, 11:49:36 pm »

((She has four instakills. Her effectiveness in combat will be fine.

Target number is far less important when your character starts leveling up.

13/35 chance for the current boss of hitting, and that's higher than 37%. Even with the base stats, that's a 20% chance.

I don't think anything could save you from 400 damage, excluding an ungodly speed/defense buff.

Ability denied, until it's either nerfed or you can prove the abilities legitimacy with hard numbers and testing.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:54:10 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12359 on: August 14, 2014, 11:54:16 pm »

She has four instakills. Her effectiveness in combat will be fine.

((Four insta-Kills? Bloom is her only one being melee range and Paper Dragon being her second. Name the other two If you would kindly.))
Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 1757