Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 749025 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Alucard dun goofed
« Reply #7845 on: July 11, 2014, 08:38:33 pm »

(("It hurts us if we touch you so we're going to hit you and see if that hurts too"?
I like how unreasonable void entities are, too(some of Creation has caused us mild inconvenience; they must all die). Or maybe just how weak they must be if a summoner can enslave them so easily.
I just really fail to see why the Sultans, being so powerful, would give a single fucking shit about the rest of anything. They're immortal and don't really need anything; what's the point of trying to blow things up when there's the risk of catastrophic failure? Other than entertainment, I mean.

I'm angry as my italicized text might imply, I just wanted to ensure you understood what I was saying. :P))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: July 11, 2014, 08:41:29 pm »

((You'll eventually see why as this plot progresses.
The weaker void entities want to just straight up murder creation while the higher entities like Bartimaeus or the sultanes use creation as a tool, for souls and stuff.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: July 12, 2014, 02:45:16 am »

((That makes even less sense. If they just destroy it, they get no more souls or resources from it. Unless of course souls are divided between domains and thus destroying Creation gives them it's share of souls.

Except it has been established that completely destroying Creation is impossible. Otherwise The Creator would have done so to continue her strange incestuous/selfcestuous relationship with The Destroyer. Unless destroying one Creation just shifts it's resources to another, which is rather idiotic on their part.

Yes, I know they have names, but I don't give a damn.))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:47:32 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: July 12, 2014, 03:20:48 am »

((I thought they strode in, stole all the souls and anything else of value to voiddwellers, trashed the place, and started looking for another Creation to asplode.

Also, enough talk about realism, unless you want SERT to play Colony Drop with the sultanes.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: July 12, 2014, 03:46:59 am »

((Also, wasn't there that stuff on void entities being forced to take the form of things from the collective unconscious (which strangely ignores that a large chunk of the human population resides in third world countries) when entering Creation? So shouldn't the Sultanes look like a whole load of Shoggoths and whatnot?))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: July 12, 2014, 04:09:47 am »

((No, collective unconscious was Twilight-related, not Void-related.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: July 12, 2014, 04:14:13 am »

((Didn't I get into an argument last thread because @Ragnarok had void entities get forced to assume the form of slenderman whilst @Mcclay had them forced to assume the form of some sort of mechanical skeleton? I accused them of using it as a half-assed circumvention of the crossover ban whilst @Ragnarok argued that they are forced by Creation to adopt a form from the collective unconscious, ignoring that less than 40% of the human population even has internet connection let alone awareness of what the fuck slenderman is.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: July 12, 2014, 04:37:14 am »

((what does grand crusade even do? Also, using vital surge and grand crusade is both being big tasks, are two actions. And heck, temple armor too? That's 3 actions in one. It would be really really useful if your sheet actually contained some numbers, just making stuff up on a short description is just confusing and inconsistent))

Amazeroth and the illusions that Mehk'thagor summoned try to stab Ashley! [13+2] vs [12], the illusions are confusing enough that Ashley does not dodge the right one in time, causing her to take [12] vs [10+2] no damage, as her mordite armor protects her.

Mhek'Thagor flies up to Stella, trying to latch unto her face, changing shape and size to be a perfect fit! [4] vs [5] Stella narrowly evades him.

Beel'Ymash almost defeated, spends the rest of her mana on an act of anti-magic, trying to dispel Bartimaeus sword-form! [14] vs [irr], Bartimaeus sinks formlessly unto the ground. For the rest of the combat, he will not be able to take this form again.

Wolf!Lizzy mauls Beel'ymash [18] vs [12], dealing [12+3] vs [10] 5 damage!

Xamanoth extends a thin, oddly looking tentacle that went previously un-used towards Stella, trying to wiggle it into her ear! [13-4] vs [irr (having only 5 speed really hurts)], he latches unto her brain, [12] vs [3], and feeds Stella false memories! Stella clearly remembers that before the fight, she sold her soul to Amazeroth, promising him to turn against her former allies and help him! She also remembers that she did that because everyone kept making racist remarks against her scales!

((with that, both Beel'Ymash and Xamanoth are out of mana, lol))

The Nomad fires at Uridabash [18] vs [irr], who being unable to dodge, takes [25] vs [10] 15 damage! He lets out a fell scream and disipates into a flash of light, nothing of him remains.

Winry supercharges Hilda. She is now out of mana!

Icarus, seing how wounded Beel'Ymash is, only spends 2 mana to boost her skill, and tries to finish her off! [13] vs [10], she lands the blow, [8+4] vs [4], dealing 8 damage and thus ending Beel'Ymashs visit to creation rather quickly!

Ashley teleports out of sight!

Dalia curses Xamanoth some more, though [1]...bad luck swings both ways, as she fumbles trying to gather the energy - the curse will come next round.

Kyle shoots a grenade at Xamanoth! [auto, immobile while feeding Stella false memories], blasting him for [4+1+5] vs [6] 4 damage!

Kaiser, having nothing to shoot at anymore just fires at Xamanoth I guess. [auto] [10+3] vs [9] 4 damage is dealt!

Spensir arrives! And because he can't do 3 things at once, he starts with temple armor, spending 2 mana to give him +4 damage reduction and +2 speed. And because +4 damage reduction and +2 speed is actually too big for a small act that only costs 2 mana, the act is also upgraded to medium, costing him another 2 mana!

Hilda stands by receiving a buff..in what form? It kinda matters for next turn.

Alucard will notice he holds no sword anymore, as Bartimaeus melted from his hand. He proceeds to kick where he thinks Qok'Maloth is [4-7], but being blind and all.. Thankfully at the end of this turn, Bartimaeus vision returns, who can once again see for Alucard.

Bartimaeus notices he is not swung anymore, as he melted from Alucards hands...

Qok'Maloth sees Spensir arrive, and curses him with [12] vs [15]...nothing, Spensir has high magic resistance and cares not for Qok'maloth!

Stella changes into full dragon size and...is confused...her memories are all jumbled up...what was she supposed to do again?

((see, things are turning for the better))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:55:29 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: July 12, 2014, 04:43:33 am »

what does grand crusade even do?
((It summons illusionary heroes of bygone eras to form some sort of phantasmal moshpit. Doesn't do jack shit against enemies, but buffs allies due to the morale boost.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: July 12, 2014, 04:55:06 am »

((again, without any numbers attached to any of Spensirs abilities except the temple armor, I can only improvise :/ ))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: July 12, 2014, 04:58:39 am »

((Do so, I recall that Roleplay said he was bad at balancing the numbers anyway.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: July 12, 2014, 05:42:18 am »

((yaay))

The Nomad tracks down Qok and fires at him. Kaiser shoots Xam.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:13:49 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: July 12, 2014, 05:47:55 am »

((Um... I'm not sure if Kaiser's bullet is able to escape Earth's gravity, let alone reach Hephaestus and arrive on time to hit Xan... :P))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:49:42 am by Empiricist »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: July 12, 2014, 05:50:43 am »

((I'm on my phone and probably tipsy, writing the full names can get buggered.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: July 12, 2014, 06:19:03 am »

((5 speed does hurt, I did that on purpose cause big things are easier targets))

Stella, all confused just breathes fire over everything
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1757