Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 746904 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Antarctica is cold as butts
« Reply #7320 on: July 08, 2014, 04:04:11 pm »

"My research in the past years has led me to discover my true innate talents--portals. I was so terrible at teleportation because it wasn't my ability, could you believe that? I am working on a way for my portals to be permanent, but my magic cannot exist unless I am directly powering it. Which is why I have designed what I call a 'Void Influx Crystal', which essentially stores a portion of my magic and automatically feeds itself, linking to several other crystals which can then power a device with void magic without me having to be there. Of course this would be more useful with someone such as Bartimaeus, who has a considerably larger mana pool."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: July 08, 2014, 04:12:29 pm »

Selina wakes up to the sounds of people and comes downstairs in her PJ's to see all the people in the house again. She sighs, makes sure to put ear muffs over Lizzie's ears to help her sleep, then gets the last of the cookies for everyone.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: July 08, 2014, 04:18:17 pm »

Icarus looks at the children in bewilderment.

"Errm...I don't mean to pry but how did.."

Lunette smiles at ICARUS's bewilderment, "The same way that Yomiko was born of course." She stares to pour drinks for everyone assume they want them.

"My research in the past years has led me to discover my true innate talents--portals. I was so terrible at teleportation because it wasn't my ability, could you believe that? I am working on a way for my portals to be permanent, but my magic cannot exist unless I am directly powering it. Which is why I have designed what I call a 'Void Influx Crystal', which essentially stores a portion of my magic and automatically feeds itself, linking to several other crystals which can then power a device with void magic without me having to be there. Of course this would be more useful with someone such as Bartimaeus, who has a considerably larger mana pool."

"I see... I would need a more detailed explanation of how you plan on making it work, but I don't see any obvious reason why it shouldn't."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: July 08, 2014, 04:20:08 pm »

"I see..."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: July 08, 2014, 04:24:34 pm »

"My magic works by entirely creating a tear through Creation where I want it to be--a stable tear, a portal, can be used to traverse long distances with ease and the transportation of objects. An unstable tear, a rift, can be used to suck objects up and completely obliterate them. These tears balance on the edge of reality itself.

And of course that was not the only thing I discovered. Using the void gate, I opened a portal to the Other Place and walked through its mysterious expanse. But it was... strange. Things were constantly shaping--shifts of energy which I can't explain. I was planning on speaking to Ashley about it after this."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: July 08, 2014, 04:25:09 pm »

Lyle smiles at the children.
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: July 08, 2014, 04:36:10 pm »

"I see..."

"I could provide you some books on it if you want. I find it pretty fascinating and did some research in my spare time."

Lyle smiles at the children.

The children aren't really here, they're just photographs, so they don't really react.

"My magic works by entirely creating a tear through Creation where I want it to be--a stable tear, a portal, can be used to traverse long distances with ease and the transportation of objects. An unstable tear, a rift, can be used to suck objects up and completely obliterate them. These tears balance on the edge of reality itself.

And of course that was not the only thing I discovered. Using the void gate, I opened a portal to the Other Place and walked through its mysterious expanse. But it was... strange. Things were constantly shaping--shifts of energy which I can't explain. I was planning on speaking to Ashley about it after this."

"The Other Place? Well, if you want to talk to Ashley about it I would love to listen in, it sounds fascinating."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: July 08, 2014, 04:37:05 pm »

((Dammit I thought the kids were there.))
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: July 08, 2014, 04:38:03 pm »

"No. Nevermind. I think whatever I am is just supposed to reproduce asexualy by copy-paste."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: July 08, 2014, 04:38:40 pm »

((guise, DF calls to me))

Kaiser dewelds the elevator-door-arms and stands behind everyone else, wondering what the heck is going on.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: July 08, 2014, 04:40:29 pm »

"Perhaps. If I can find her."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: July 08, 2014, 04:49:46 pm »

"No. Nevermind. I think whatever I am is just supposed to reproduce asexualy by copy-paste."

"Of course. I'm sure that it'll be different for you and Alice."

"Perhaps. If I can find her."

Lunette nods.

Kaiser dewelds the elevator-door-arms and stands behind everyone else, wondering what the heck is going on.

USEC has trouble writing, apparently. Just a friendly chat with someone who Kaiser has never met or heard of.

((Dammit I thought the kids were there.))

((No, she said that they were at school or at homes of their own, remember?))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: July 08, 2014, 04:50:57 pm »

"Tell me about your work."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: July 08, 2014, 04:52:00 pm »

((Facepalm.))
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: July 08, 2014, 05:13:14 pm »

"Tell me about your work."

"Oh, well it's nothing too special. I've been looking into the fundamental laws and behaviours of magic to find and new and more efficient ways of applying them. The only thing special is how long I've been working at it. After several thousand years it's not hard to make progress after all. I could show you some examples if you want, though the underlying mechanics may be beyond you."
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1757