Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 749024 times)

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Alucard dun goofed
« Reply #7815 on: July 11, 2014, 07:15:47 pm »

((Should Sam be getting involved in this? Because even though he's supposed to kill magic maybe they can battery him up and help xD. Now that I think about it though its like 8 people in combat and just a big thing of stats and confusion so maybe its best for me to stay where I am.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: July 11, 2014, 07:16:23 pm »

((I'm pretty sure SERT isn't the only one that would interfere if the end of the world began. Even if only an hour passed, shit like that would spread fast.))
((@Akroma has stated that she intends for this to stay between the Characters and the Hostiles. If SERT gets involved, then I suspect it would involve an ETA for an ICBM strike.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: July 11, 2014, 07:17:14 pm »

((Or an orbital bombardment.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: July 11, 2014, 07:19:14 pm »

((Either way, adding SERT involvement would only serve to add a countdown to an autoresolution that involves the deaths of every single player character in that area. After all, I doubt they'd inform them of the impending intervention.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: July 11, 2014, 07:23:37 pm »

((Murder Night finds out who's been playing assassin and decides to take revenge. Fun ensues. Especially for Icarus, Alice, Stella and Kaiser, because they're sorta being scapegoated at the moment ;D

Yeah, SERT should be exploding the fuck out of the Sultanes right now, but then you lot would have nothing to do. I'm going to play it off as that they're all too busy fucking around in New York to get forces there straight away.

Also, nukes are for sissies.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: July 11, 2014, 07:27:54 pm »

((Casaba howitzers then? Either way, if SERT did explode away the Sultanes, they would have exploded away the PCs as well.))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 07:29:30 pm by Empiricist »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: July 11, 2014, 07:28:43 pm »

((Are there crits in this system?))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: July 11, 2014, 07:29:25 pm »

((Smurf, You should send Iraya to the battle. His otherhalf would be awesome for some giggles~))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: July 11, 2014, 07:34:55 pm »

((SERT has an orbital weapon, although they could send over a fleet of gunships instead, they'd hurt the sultanes pretty fucking bad.

Yeah, sneak attack crits. Headshot crits? Maybe, but they come at a skill penalty.

Don't know who that is  :P))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: July 11, 2014, 07:36:22 pm »

((Maybe a preset chance to crit depending on the distance? Either that or just crit if they max out their SKILL roll.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: July 11, 2014, 07:38:35 pm »

As Spensir walks, something strange happens around the battlefield. Though it could simply be tricks of the light, considering it's so difficult to see with the rain and the lightning and the fighting, but...no, they're there. Whether they're real is another question. Translucent, ghostly images, their form more impression than picture, fade into existence around the battlefield, so subtlety one might not even notice. Soldiers and kings, commoners and nobles, hunters and craftsmen, priests and thieves, men and women, the elderly and children, all seem so...alive, despite their wispy forms. And as Spensir nears them, they seem to gain strength and physicality, rising from their positions or breaking off from silent conversations, noticing him and joining in behind. Spensir himself seems to grow...more...real, somehow. As if he was growing closer to the definite than anything not already there could aspire to be, going beyond the illusions of the merely physical and causing even the ground to seem fake and artificial as he walked on it, the clouds mere figments of the imagination compared to his actuality. And as the host of warriors behind him grows, taking up arms as they walk, silent and determined in their march, the armor glows ever brighter, the light it gives off somehow becoming permanent, a glow that remains in the air long after he has passed.

Once he stands on the edge of the true fighting, he stops moving, as does the army at his back. The other figures scattered around the battlefield stand, or grow into becoming more true, just as he had, and multiply, clusters of them scattered into wisps of light by a stray blow as one warrior in the continuing battle misses another, reforming slowly back into what they had been. He lifts his sword into the air above his head, and countless thousands of ghostly figures draw their blades in a silent acknowledgement. They were eerily realistic; their movements were not synchronized, they were not perfect, and yet...they were so unreal looking, on the surface. Practically faceless, yet the mind's eye was able to fill in each one, easily, and know it to be true and unique to that individual.

He lets it drop, and they rush forward, sound suddenly accompanying them as ancient power, the power that kings once wielded, fills the air, and Spensir joins them, rushing forward towards one of the void beings, a shining beacon among the sea of chaos.

Thus always began, the Grand Crusade.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: July 11, 2014, 07:42:14 pm »

((Okay, time to spend the mana for the summoning...
Assuming they had a 50 stat base, that would cost more than 4000 mana. assuming you had the MAG to even pull it off  :P))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 07:44:01 pm by PrivateNomad »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: July 11, 2014, 07:53:11 pm »

(('t'ain't no summonin'. Not this ability.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: July 11, 2014, 07:54:14 pm »

((At least it would provide morale. But I bet Amazeroth can tell that they can't do shit.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: July 11, 2014, 07:55:40 pm »

((I think the fact that they aren't actually attacking and seem to be forming a phantasmal moshpit would already give that away already.))
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1757