Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 749053 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Alucard dun goofed
« Reply #7785 on: July 11, 2014, 02:19:35 pm »

((Hmm, indeed there is a time when Amazeroth attacked Ashley where he should not have been avaiable to know where she was, second turn of the battle when Ashley actually joined the fight. In that turn, Ashley took 5 damage, and I will refund that damage to your health. However the in that turn, Ashley tried to attack Amazeroth, giving away her position. So in the next turn, which is the turn you linked, Amazeroth knew where she was, and blasted her with light. Ashley teleported behind him again, did hit him, and bam, again he knew where she was, being stabbed by a sword usualy is a good indicator. So apart from the first time, all attacks from Amazeroth on Ashley were legit. Also i dare say after teleporting behind him twice in a row, the trick also gets old quickly, especialy against an entity that is linked with knowledge. But anyway, you are refunded 5 health))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: July 11, 2014, 02:21:01 pm »

((My question is: Is ashley using her fatique katana or her kill katana?))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: July 11, 2014, 02:21:49 pm »

((I assumed normal katana, as there is little sense in trying to take Amazeroth non-lethaly, and no mention of summoning any mordite has been made))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: July 11, 2014, 02:23:58 pm »

((The Mordite armor, from what I understand, is an auto action whenever Ashley draws her weapon.))
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: July 11, 2014, 02:25:22 pm »

((I dont refer to her armor, I mean her mordite sword. This is why I only statted her attacks at +3 damage, rather than +7))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: July 11, 2014, 02:26:01 pm »

((Ah, that. I haven't a clue about the Mordite blade *shrugs*))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: July 11, 2014, 02:26:47 pm »

((You assumed wrong. Fatigue Katana.
And you're correct on that Sanure.))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: July 11, 2014, 02:28:28 pm »

((but the dude doesn't even have muscles or is part of the concept of being exhausted  ???))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: July 11, 2014, 02:33:38 pm »

((It's a Wall Street powered item. It embargos his energy. Has nothing to do with muscles or causing exhaustion. That's just a side effect.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: July 11, 2014, 02:39:18 pm »

let's move the discussion to the ooc, because dare I say, the embargo katana is way more powerful than the creation sword kaiser is working with, and Swortimaeus *combined*. Statisticaly, it will reliably disable any even opponent in 3-4 hits. Compared to a normal damage weapon that on average takes about 7-8 hits. And that's just in a 1v1. Is nobody ever running any calculations on anything before approving it?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: July 11, 2014, 03:20:54 pm »

Ashley teleports out of combat. :l

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: July 11, 2014, 05:41:40 pm »

((This is no longer a fight we can win, we're losing too many people, and their main fighters are pretty much unscratched. Need more DPS (or would that be DPT?)

Anyway, we could use some reinforcements right now.))

"Yeeep, we're fucked. REI, land the ship down over here and let me drag Kaiser on."

"...Not...done...yet..."

"Yes, we are. Their goal isn't even around here anymore, we're fighting over nothing, and you and the Nomad are completely fucked. You won't live though this."

"Well...fuck...living...then..."

Kaiser and the Nomad keep firing at Uridabash.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:53:00 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: July 11, 2014, 05:49:55 pm »

((health totals are actually still pretty even, in fact, in favour of the PCs. Uridabash and Beel'ymash (their main fighters) have less than 30 HP left combined. Besides Amazeroth (who also lost a hefty chunk to Hilda), what is left is mainly supports. Their damage output will shrink significantly with these two down, so have yourself some courage and valor and some motivating music in the face of armageddon. If you just retreat and let SERT bomb the area, I'd never forgive you. In any RPG, the PCs own actions must matter.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: July 11, 2014, 05:53:18 pm »

((fiiine, realism is boring anyways))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: July 11, 2014, 05:58:16 pm »

((It's a magical girl game, it's all about tropes. "Courage in the face of armageddon because damnit, you are the only one who can stop it" is literaly a core trope. I mean, this is why I was so fed up with IRIS, and behold, IRIS is replaced by SERT, which is actually more invasive than IRIS ever was. It's no fun when there is always a fall-back thing looming in the background that can just solve everything off-screen when the PCs decide they are bored. A sense of urgency and danger is what was lacking entirely from the last game, and the enemies stats are not the only thing that creates that))
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1757