Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 749752 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Void traps, Antarctica, and Shade
« Reply #5925 on: July 03, 2014, 06:02:03 pm »

((doing combat rolls, hold onto your butts))

((nuuuu we dun' need 'em!!!!))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: July 03, 2014, 06:02:39 pm »

((...fiiiiine ::)))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: July 03, 2014, 06:16:30 pm »

At the first movement of his sword Sam activated his speed chip and time around him seemed to slow down quite a bit. The first slash and resulting lightning attack he didn't need to dodge but what resulted afterwards surprised him even in his more reflexive state. The concussive blast moved quickly still but Sam narrowly dodged to the right and closed the distance between the two as his speed chip ran out.

"Let's see what I can do to that armor. Hopefully its not covered in lightning too..." He extended his fingers out and then curved them slightly causing his Rippers to come out of his fingers. He didn't want to get too greedy and expose himself to an attack so he only slashed twice, once with each hand, before bringing his arms back.

He made sure to keep close to Spensir after his attack, his projectiles may be a problem now that his speed chip was out for a bit but he figured he would need room to wind up as well like earlier and that would maybe give him an opening to attack.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: July 03, 2014, 06:29:23 pm »

Spensir started, leaning back how he could with his less than super-human reflexes as the attack came seemingly out of nowhere. He wasn't able to avoid it completely, but what he was able to do probably saved his life, The claws scraped along the metal, a horrific noise accompanying them as well as sparks; both of the kind one would expect, and the electrical kind. The attack hadn't fully penetrated the armor, but there were bright scratches left in the armor. So it wasn't invincible, at least.

But...instead of trying to get more room as Sam had likely expected, though, Spensir closed in, even closer than the range Sam's claws were meant to be most useful at, tackling him full-on with his shoulder, trying to ram his armored elbow into the man's face as he pushed forward;

The sword couldn't be seen for the moment in the confusion...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: July 03, 2014, 06:50:03 pm »

((sorry for slow, abyss mode in Blazblue is addictive))

Sam was satisfied with the effect of his attacks but the charge took him off guard and he lost track of the sword. The shoulder connected with him and he moved back with Sensir a bit before changing his Rippers out for his forearm blades ((which I need to find a better name for because BigRipp is just fucking silly)). He wasn't able to do much in this position but he did what he could with his arms and he tried to separate himself from his armored foe.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: July 03, 2014, 07:13:32 pm »

Ashley just swings her legs freely over the edge of the roof, watching the fighting. She had been here for the previous moments to, leading up to this. Her mind wondered as to who hired the guy without the sword, so perhaps she'd have a talk with him afterwards, if he lived.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: July 03, 2014, 07:25:33 pm »

Spensir grunted as the blades scraped against flanks, the angle not really effective the first couple swipes, not enough speed behind it to penetrate in most of the cases. Lifting up a leg and trying to slam his knee into the other man's, he was instead taken off balance when the man simply shoved backwards, both parties landing flat on their ass. Rolling backwards into a standing position, he held his hand out to one side and again the sword flew into it from where it had been dropped.

So he couldn't be disarmed, he could shoot lightning, and was wearing some sizable armor. Though, he was favoring one side ever so slightly, and there was just barely a long thing tear in the armor where Sam had managed to get a good hack in. Probably not as strong as real steel, then. Hopefully not anyway.

"Damnit Mabarius, that fucking hurts, isn't this armor supposed to be bulletproof?" he asked of his blade, taking up another stance; this one reminiscent of a wrestler's stance, a hybrid between swordplay and grappling.

"And I can make it so, for a time, when you're holding me. It's no more than a construct given strength by my magic; if it was actual steel it would be far heavier. And  impossible to remove."
"Great, so my choices are keep you with me when he tries to get up close and possibly lop my own head off, or drop you and get cut to shreds. That's just dandy."
"You could try stabbing him."
"Yes, why didn't I think of that," he thought dryly.

As Spensir tried to catch his breath, the sky slowly began to darken, the thin clouds of the morning being swept away by a new wind bringing darker weather with it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: July 03, 2014, 07:28:34 pm »

Ashley finds a young girl around 7 teleport beside her--purple eyes, long waist-length hair.
 "You want some popcorn?"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: July 03, 2014, 07:30:07 pm »

"Sup Barti."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: July 03, 2014, 07:50:12 pm »

Sam was slightly winded from the exchange but jumped up from his back straight to his feet and pulled his blades back into his arms, leaving a bloody gash behind. He seemed to be slightly winded from all the excitement thus far and this he was more annoyed by than the pain in his arms and body. "Fucking A, I knew this would happen. I'm getting no power from this guy. I need a power source..."

He looked around while keeping an eye of Spensir and saw two people on the rooftops, seemingly unfazed by the combat below. "Either they are used to this or they feel they are safe from what occurs here because something else. Either way they are magical and I need them right now so I can end this. But how to get up there easily..." He brought his full focus back to the man across from him and brought his tattered arms back into their boxing stance he seemed to favor.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: July 03, 2014, 08:03:01 pm »

"Nothin' much. I'ma go annoy Sen now."
Barti teleports away.

Sen finds a the same little girl teleport on her shoulders.
 "Hi."

Alucard is in his home, doing some !!SCIENCE!!. If anybody wants to visit, Iasp is standing outside.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: July 03, 2014, 08:08:35 pm »

Bartimaeus would find himself on the ground due to him teleporting onto her shoulder just as Sen was walking through a doorway.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: July 03, 2014, 08:14:25 pm »

Bartimaeus follows.
 "Sup', Sen?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: July 03, 2014, 08:16:27 pm »

Spensir followed Sam's eye as it was caught by the people on the building.

"Oh fuck that. Fuck this dude. Fucker wants to fucking try and get other people involved, I'll fucking kill him."

Mabarius said nothing beyond a basic pulse of approving sentiment.

The swordsman called out to Sam as he began moving to one side, trying to circle the fighter. Odds were he'd circle too, though he'd probably try to close the distance once his back was to a wall or something, make it so he couldn't get room to maneuver. "The name's Spensir. Yours?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: July 03, 2014, 08:27:28 pm »

"Sam," he said bluntly as he held his position and just turned to face Spensir. He could feel something was a bit off now ever since he spotted the people on the roof. "If I had energy I could close this out... I should tell the labcoats to somehow give me auxiliary reserves or something. And while I'm at it maybe a weapon for my legs... Fuck, why am I asking for more things to get placed in me..."

He saw the crack in the armor he had caused earlier show itself once again, taunting him. He spat onto the ground in front of him, refusing to break eye contact with Spensir.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1757