Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1414 1415 [1416] 1417 1418 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 747623 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Stupid Demon Magic
« Reply #21225 on: February 08, 2015, 10:47:40 am »

"Are we gonna do work today, or solve murders?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21226 on: February 08, 2015, 10:49:23 am »

Alice stretched,
"Lets... Lets do work until he shows up, then we can have a meeting with him"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21227 on: February 08, 2015, 11:14:44 am »

"I doubt we will be able to do much. After 5 years, what kinda trace does he expect us to follow?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21228 on: February 08, 2015, 11:20:48 am »

Alice sighed slightly,
"I'm... I'm not sure. I hope we can do a bit more but it does seem like he might be disappointed."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21229 on: February 08, 2015, 11:47:06 am »

((What is Winry supposed to be doing?))

"I suppose by technicalities, I am not human too."

The woman snorts while the man's eyes narrow.

"Coulda fooled me. What treasure and why?"

They seem much more wary now, since the mention of treasure.
Alucard looks at Ashley.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21230 on: February 08, 2015, 12:14:10 pm »

"I believe that is for your royal highness to ask, is it not? If you wish, disarm us if that allows you to feel safer about our presence in your court. But surely, the old laws of hospitality would not be void here, aye?"

"Oh, surely he does not give up now~"
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21231 on: February 08, 2015, 12:23:20 pm »

"No. It's for me to ask because I'm not fucking stupid. I'm not letting you see Her Highness without knowing what you're gonna try and get from her, first, because you might be a couple of dipshit thieves who don't know anything about Faery Hospitality. Hint number one: It doesn't apply to non-Fae."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21232 on: February 08, 2015, 12:28:52 pm »

"I see... Well, I'll be forward with you, then. We wish to ask Her Highness for the Twilight Sigil. The reason? Our world is being threatened by the void Sultanes, and we believe it might aid us in the defense of Creation. We don't have any intention of stealing it, because A: we're not stupid enough to do that, and B: we're trying to save worlds, not piss them off."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21233 on: February 08, 2015, 12:51:57 pm »

"Then go on in. Don't make any trouble, and wait your turn to see her. She's a busy lady."

The woman nods to the man, and he waves a hand about in the direction of the doors, which begin opening. He then speaks for the first time, with a smug, knowing smile. The woman rolls her eyes as he does so.

"Enjoy your stay at the Long Night Hotel, lads and lassies."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21234 on: February 08, 2015, 01:36:44 pm »

Ashley nods.
"Thank you."
They walk in.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21235 on: February 08, 2015, 01:52:53 pm »

Alice finished her coffee and had a quick breakfast, then with a smile she went to open up the shop. The day was normal for a while, a few customers coming in with their normal pet related problems a couple of hours into the work though the two men showed up once again. The leader who had booked the appointment strode up to Icarus, followed shortly behind by his companion who's black hair still covered his eyes.
"We're here for the appointment" his voice still had the strange distortion effect to it. 

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21236 on: February 08, 2015, 01:57:02 pm »

"Yeah, well where are the documents?"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21237 on: February 08, 2015, 02:00:05 pm »

The man beckoned his companion forwards, who was holding quite a few pieces of paper.
"Here"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21238 on: February 08, 2015, 02:00:22 pm »

As the doors shut behind them, the halls seem infinitely different than outside the palace. The entry chamber fits the appearance of the guards; both refined and elegant, and yet wintry, ancient, and tribal. As though the Vikings or Inuits met Victorian-age England and didn't become an abomination. Magic is evident everywhere, yet subtly, from the coldly glowing chandeliers, candles replaced by icy orbs, to the doors that seem to open or close - mostly close - as the pair gets near them, as if the palace itself were guiding them to where they needed to be. Fae of various descriptions bustle about within the palace, but none ever seem very close to Alucard or Ashley; a continuous stream of activity, just out of reach and just barely within sight. They soon arrive in a room with another guard, this one garbed in armor that appears to be made of opaque glass and green cloth, with a crystal polearm, in front of the far door, and a variety of chairs, made for a variety of Fae who sit in them. Only one chair is currently available. Behind a desk sits a fae with feathered wings and a bronzed skin color, clad in the most clothing of any of the ones you've seen so far, bundled up against the chill. Ashley had gotten used to it; the Void was worse by far, after all, in some ways, after all. Alucard was also handling well, though not as easily; Void he may be tainted with, but he was no Walker of it. The feathered fae looks up at them, sighs, and goes back to scribbling things on a sheet of glass in front of him.

One thing Alucard would have noticed through all of this is that Faery is probably one of the more hospitable Twilight regions, though this isn't saying much, and could make for an excellent research area to study interactions between Void and Creation. If he wanted to risk the various weights that would come with trying such a thing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21239 on: February 08, 2015, 02:08:20 pm »

Icarus ready through it at robot speed!
Pages: 1 ... 1414 1415 [1416] 1417 1418 ... 1757