Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1102 1103 [1104] 1105 1106 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 750236 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Dwarves and Closet Corpses
« Reply #16545 on: November 10, 2014, 03:55:19 pm »

"Anyway, the basic plan is rather simple. We have the arcane seal and the abyssal seal, and I assume these guys want those things badly. Soon, they will send their most skilled, most powerful fighters here to get them. The moment they come in, Alucard or Ashley or whatever will teleport us to their base, where we take out all we can take out, that may or may not be their boss, their equipment, absolutely everything we can get our hands on. If we are able to, we should also booby trap the place with as much explosives as we can. If Ashley times this right, we may have between 5 and 10 minutes until they finish tracing the portal and they teleport back to base, which I assume they are able to. When that happens, Ashley or Alucard will teleport us to a location near northsdale, where the Nomad will be ready. They will again trace our teleport, and if they decide to chase us to northsdale again with more teleports, we will be long gone. A teleport can be easily traced, the Nomad can not. The bombs we previously planted go off, and their base, maybe including some of those top-tier combatants they have, go boom. The Nomad will then bring us to..a safe location, I dunno, I have not settled on that yet, where we will regroup, rest, and plan our next steps. A hit and run. All we need is some time to prepare the explosives, and gather everyone at Marias house to be on alert for when the enemy comes to take the arcane and abyssal seal from us. Be a step ahead of the enemy. We have always fought out enemies head-on, and after the speech I gave to the bewitcher, he will expect no less from us than to fight them head on. But we take our fights on our terms.

Sound acceptable? Go team?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16546 on: November 10, 2014, 03:59:08 pm »

"Why not give the seals to the Egyptian pantheon?"
Kyle pauses.
"Actually, no. How about we break the seals?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16547 on: November 10, 2014, 04:01:11 pm »

"Because they're seals? I'm pretty sure that breaking them would be a pretty stupid idea. They're probably sealing something away. You know, like their name implies?" Dalia says, rolling her eyes. "And what's that about the Egyptian gods? You are joking, right...?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16548 on: November 10, 2014, 04:01:24 pm »

"Well, I am not sure how to contact the pantheon, but if you can, go ahead, this is a good idea. As for breaking them, I am not sure how we can actually break them without unleashing huge amounts of magical energy and blast us and the entire city with us. If they can be broken at all."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16549 on: November 10, 2014, 04:04:48 pm »

Alice looked down sheepishly for a moment as she finished listening to Icarus' plan,
"I... I forgot to mention something. There are anti teleport fields in the bases. We would have to teleport outside of them"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16550 on: November 10, 2014, 04:05:47 pm »

"Well, then we just teleport outside of their base. That costs us what, a minute?"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16551 on: November 10, 2014, 05:41:19 pm »

"Could simply cast them into the void."
Ashley shrugs.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16552 on: November 10, 2014, 05:46:56 pm »

"Sultanes. Not worth the chance of them getting those."

GamerXZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16553 on: November 10, 2014, 05:53:19 pm »

Noire felt it was time she stepped in too, so she walked over,"It's a good plan, and you all seem
to have thought this through well. Me and Shining Star will use our Magitek to aid you in whatever
way we can. Just tell us what to do and we'll do it."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16554 on: November 10, 2014, 05:57:11 pm »

"Let my daughter guard them, then. They wouldn't dare piss off Void himself. That's why she's still standing, even after how long this has been going on for."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16555 on: November 10, 2014, 06:02:51 pm »

"Uh..." Dalia stares at Ashley for several moments, trying to figure out how that'd work. Or be a good idea, seeing how young she is. Surprisingly she decides to just drop it instead of saying something. One of Kyle's daughters is a robot after all, it could easily be something similar. With her impressions of everyone's normalness somehow still eroding, Dalia nods slowly, "Okay...? If everyone else thinks it's a good idea..."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16556 on: November 10, 2014, 06:30:47 pm »

"Yes, Bartimaeus. Now get to his lab. Now."
Bartimaeus rolls his eyes.
 "Okay, mooom," he says with a low voice before teleporting to the lab.
Alucard is, needless to say, acting really strange. He has been sitting in the darkest corner of the lab mumbling to himself, sometimes staring at his open hands.
 "What a sight for sore eyes. Yeah, I'd expected that this would happen."

"What was zat you mentioned, zee Abyssal Seal? If zat is as important to zee enemy as zee arcane seal, we should perhaps move to zee flying castle. Zey will soon send zeir best fighters to retrieve zee artifacts, and we vill need a more defensible position."
Scottie looks at her a moment, and then nods.
 "Yeah, I heard the higherups talking about it - saying that they needed it. I knew it had something to do with the void, and I needed a sufficient catalyst to summon Reky- I mean Bartimaeus - into the castle," he says before handing her the Abyssal Sigil.
It seems to look very similar to the Arcane Sigil, but with glowing purple runes instead of blue. Walpurga can already feel a slight addition to her magic resistance as she holds it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16557 on: November 11, 2014, 12:37:04 am »

"Alright then, why not? Hand them to the gatekeeper, or maybe, hand one of them to the gatekeeper, and one of them to the egyptian gods. So in *case* one of them should somehow fail, the other is still guarded."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16558 on: November 11, 2014, 10:58:58 am »

"Alright. I'll go retrieve the Arcane Sigil from Isaac and give it to the Gatekeeper."
Ashley nods, and proceeds to, with slight arguing. She returns a few minutes later, dragging Isaac along.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16559 on: November 11, 2014, 11:05:20 am »

Walpurga hands the abyssal seal to Kyle, so he can give it to the egyptian gods...he sounded like he knew how to do that
Pages: 1 ... 1102 1103 [1104] 1105 1106 ... 1757