Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 [1060] 1061 1062 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 750287 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Dwarves and Closet Corpses
« Reply #15885 on: October 21, 2014, 12:21:36 pm »

"Killing isn't the only answer..."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #15886 on: October 21, 2014, 12:25:52 pm »

"So you suggest I do whaaaat exactly to the terrorists that previously air-raided our hometown, tried to kill us but were saved by what more or less is our nemesis and then abducted my wife? There is a time and place for forgiveness, and this is not it."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15887 on: October 21, 2014, 01:33:22 pm »

"Well... At least make it less bloody. Let, you know, world leaders execute them accordingly... I guess I meant not to slaughter them like you make it sound... Maybe completely take their magic just to be sure."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15888 on: October 21, 2014, 01:40:51 pm »

"I my sword doesn't remove magic, it removes tissue. You know, if anybody captures your loved ones sure, go ahead and be all political correct on them, but this is personal."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15889 on: October 21, 2014, 01:47:46 pm »

"Assuming I had any loved ones... And if there shall be blood spilt purely for the fact they took your wife, I cannot allow that."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15890 on: October 21, 2014, 05:28:56 pm »

"I don't care what you do with them, just keep the blood out of this lab," he says before opening a portal to Maria's house. With a sigh, he sits down behind his desk.

"Libera Arcana... what a joke," he mumbles, his low voice barely recognizable due to his mask's vocoder.

Bartimaeus is fucking about as usual, flying around Maria's kitchen as a wheel of cheddar cheese with demonic wings.

Hilda is repeatedly bouncing a ball against the wall at borderline sonic speeds, out of boredom. She's laying on her bed, simply watching as her hand swiftly moves to intercept the ball, bouncing it back extremely quickly to the point where it has made quite a large dent on the wall. A frown is planted on her metallic face, her eyes glowing a dull navy color as it tracks the ball.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15891 on: October 21, 2014, 07:08:53 pm »

"I my sword doesn't remove magic, it removes tissue. You know, if anybody captures your loved ones sure, go ahead and be all political correct on them, but this is personal."
((two things: A. Wanting to not massacre a bunch of people who are probably fucked up in their own way, since people don't just randomly become evil, it typically involves trauma or being raised/effectively brainwashed into such things, is not the same thing as political correctness. Political correctness is using terms designed not to offend anyone by their use.
B. this happens often enough and ICARUS spends enough time on it that I think it counts as a full-time job, especially since ICARUS never seems to have any other motivation for getting into plots(so of course the one motivation she does have makes her have to be way over-the-top about it)(also kinda hazy as to why Alice still likes ICARUS, if Alice is a healer and I thought values human life a lot while ICARUS thinks nothing of slaughtering innocents if it furthers her purpose, as far as I can tell), so wouldn't it be business? :P))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15892 on: October 21, 2014, 07:18:26 pm »

Coincidentally, Rachel and Lyle happen to be in the living room of Maria's house.
Coincidentally.

"So, what you're saying is, he gets struck by magic-" "Particle-accelerated."
"...particle accelerated lightning and can suddenly run at hundreds of miles per hour."
"Yes."
"Wow."
"It's not as dumb as you'd think."
Black lives matter.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15893 on: October 21, 2014, 07:53:11 pm »

((Almost forgot about our second-favorite arachnitron))
Janice is scuttling around the living room.

Cheesimaeus flies past Lyle before turning into a top hat, and then a tentacle abomination which can best be described as eldritch.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15894 on: October 21, 2014, 08:02:46 pm »

((But you forgot Lizzie :( ))

"Not enough tentacles, Bart."

Foxy scuttles with Janice.
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15895 on: October 21, 2014, 08:06:49 pm »

((...

Isn't Lizzie dead and her soul stolen?))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15896 on: October 21, 2014, 08:08:11 pm »

Bartimaeus multiplies the tentacles!
((Pretty much.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15897 on: October 21, 2014, 08:09:04 pm »

((Hence why I was asking, because I was confused about what SB was getting at. Also Rose and Lizzie are going to have so much to talk about if they ever meet again.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15898 on: October 21, 2014, 08:10:21 pm »

((...Monster Gurlz Lizzie...))

"There we go."
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15899 on: October 21, 2014, 11:47:29 pm »

((I put partial blame on that to the reason that most plots do not actually offer any motivation to get into them besides "they are the bad guys, you are the good guys, do your thing". Which is literaly what Icarus was made for. When you are not actually born, but build in a lab for military hardware, you tend to think a lot about your purpose in life, but unlike people who are born, Icarus literaly has a clear answer. Her right arm contains a blade that cuts at molecular level, her left arm a futuristic cannon that in larger scale could also be built into spaceships. Her skin is armor, and her eyes contain more modes of vision to more accurately find the enemies weakspot and avoid ambushes than normal vision. Add that to the part where her "childhood" was for a significant part dominated by IRIS feeding her endless hours of combat simulations, where she again and again fought waves and waves of all sorts of enemies, and in the end all simulations ended with everyone she had tagged as an ally dying. That was literaly the dominating lesson, "If I don't fight has hard as I can, people I care for will die". And behold, Isaac literaly just walked the plank, if not for Icarus to immediatly be there to save him. And IRIS aside, in the last thread the PCs seemed a whole lot less squeamish about killing, the exception being Kyle. But here the defining chapter was Ashley being held hostage. Kyle went into depression about not knowing what to do, so Icarus took charge and bam, a few hours later Ashley was free again, and none of the PCs were harmed in the process. 100% success, and again a difficult lesson. "I need to take charge to ensure success". And behold, Icarus plan took down Osmodias fleet. Now after the timeskip, where Icarus had more time to settle her personality and view on life, it will be difficult to still influence her in a different direction, because words are nice and all, but unless someone can lead with a convincing example, the conclusion is, for example right now "Isaac is all talk, but it was me who saved his life. He should learn from me, not the other way around." Even the part where Sen saving Elysia now plays an important role in saving Alice, (partially overshadowed by Sen achieving that by making threats to Icarus regarding Alice), ends in the conclusion "you can spare enemies - you might need them for information". Which I must repeat, is what Icarus was doing in the first place.

tl;dr yes, Icarus is fucked up. But for a reason.))

((Isaac is, btw, rathere unthankful for that part :P))
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:53:40 pm by Akroma »
Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 [1060] 1061 1062 ... 1757