Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 750313 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Dwarves and Closet Corpses
« Reply #15795 on: October 16, 2014, 06:02:14 am »

((cue some dude stealing it, singing the 'trolololol' song as he makes his escape

also, joining the 'throw the seal in the void' club, because nothing gets rid of superdangerous artifacts like throwing them into magic anti-matter.

On a side note, void and creation should explode on contact, because explosions make everything better. Why is this not a thing?))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:06:49 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15796 on: October 16, 2014, 06:53:08 am »

Isaac's projections wrap around the sigil and blink dagger respectively, and brings them to him. He slowly sits up, and examines the sigil.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #15797 on: October 16, 2014, 09:26:14 am »

"Now now little apprentice hero, you should rest, stop with all the magicing around."

Icarus grabs the Sigil from Isaac, before helping him up.

"I'll get you out of here."

---

Once Icarus has cell-phone connection again, she messages Alucard.

Quote from: Icarus > Alucard
Hey, we need a pick-up. Artifact secured, but Isaac needs tgo be patched up, so better notify Alice.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15798 on: October 16, 2014, 09:41:09 am »

The sigil is being bound by a floating projection.

"I've had worse. And my magic has nothing to do with my physical condition."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15799 on: October 16, 2014, 09:44:00 am »

"Hey come on now, don't hold unto that. You are a sneeze away from being put into a coma, you should not be guarding this artifact. You are simply in no condition to."

((and technicaly until healed, he'd be at 0 health and unable to act :P))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15800 on: October 16, 2014, 09:48:32 am »

((I'm only counting that in combat.))
"It's probably safer in something that's bound to me, and can't be broken."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15801 on: October 16, 2014, 09:58:20 am »

((dude was just reanimated and had no healing magic, medical attention or even rest, he really shouldn't be quite so confident.))

"What, you playing the pronoun-game now, to make me ask about whatever you mean? Seriously now, you are hanging on by the flesh of your teeth, no need to act so tough. You were brave and all, but ultimately..well I have seen your performance in there. Leaving the artifact with you is a security risk. I don't mean to say you are weak or anything, but you have to admit, if anybody was to even just punch you in the face right now, he'd have the seal in under 10 seconds. We'll get you to Alice, let you get patched up and then we can discuss on where to put the damn thing, and you are welcome to offer opportunities, but until Alucard finaly checks his phone to give us a lift, and we are in safety, I would not feel comfortable at all to leave the thing with you."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15802 on: October 16, 2014, 10:08:08 am »

((There's a reason that he seems less dead than the system portrays him to be.))
"Well, all that aside... Your phone probably doesn't work this far underground..."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15803 on: October 16, 2014, 10:10:58 am »

"Yeah well, the tunnels are long, I'll send the message soon, until then, just answer me one question. If anyone just appeared right now, absolutely serious about taking the arcane seal, willing to use lethal force, and probably has anti-magic avaiable to him as well, would you, at all, be able to even delay that person from just killing you and taking it? I have seen your magic, I am by no means convinced that it will keep anyone at bay that is being serious, especialy with your current medical situation."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15804 on: October 16, 2014, 10:19:11 am »

"Simple. Throw a dome over myself, have it disconnect from me magically, and then they can't anti-magic the shit out of it. From there, slowly drill away."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15805 on: October 16, 2014, 10:26:42 am »

Icarus suddenly goes for a punch as fast as only a machine designed for combat can do, stopping only a hairs width before Isaacs face, then poking him painfully on a burn wound to drive the point across.

"Bam. You are dead, in an instant. You are not fast enough to react to an actual ambush, and in no condition to take a wound and just shrug it off. You are brave, I get it, but you are also in no condition for anyone to rely upon. Know your own limits. You carrying the sigil around in some kinda magic projection makes you a prime target, as the enemy will realise they need you dead to be able to grab it - and you are an easy target. Let me carry it under my chestplate, and let me take their ambush. I move and react much faster than you would, even if you weren't covered in burns and compression wounds, and can still take a hit. You can still go ahead and create a dome around us, but at least this way you will not instantly die."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15806 on: October 16, 2014, 11:27:19 am »

"I get it, I get it. Just let me analyze the damn thing first, then it's all yours."
The projection drops the sigil into Isaac's hand lightly.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15807 on: October 16, 2014, 11:29:22 am »

"Eh. Do it fast. But from the general feeling I get, it might as well just be used as a source of energy to just power something else entirely."

meanwhile Icarus carries Isaac outside and messages Alucard to get them moving
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 02:17:52 pm by Akroma »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15808 on: October 16, 2014, 03:50:38 pm »

As they make their way into the city, they notice a massive crowd of dwarves roaring outside the throne room's  door, yelling out in anger as a line of guards force them back with pikes.

ICARUS indeed finds that being a thousand feet underground gives then no reception.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15809 on: October 16, 2014, 04:16:29 pm »

((ignore and run I tell you

IGNORE AND RUN))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1757