Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 750334 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Dwarves and Closet Corpses
« Reply #15735 on: October 10, 2014, 05:48:23 pm »

Isaac decides to get creative, and blinks his blink dagger into the golem, behind the sigil, extending projections outwards to pop the sigil out, or to completely shred apart the golem from the inside.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #15736 on: October 10, 2014, 07:05:32 pm »

Icarus, with little idea on what the power she just received even does or how to activate it, sticks to her bread and butter and boosts her speed and strength by 25%, then charges at the teleport gem to break that annoying piece of shit.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15737 on: October 10, 2014, 08:33:08 pm »

((Pubstomed as Spirit Breaker, with Puck. Ganking fun. Made a new steam friend.))
Quote from: The CREW
[I] Icarus [42] [16]
       (Ether Shock, 2 charges) - HF Blade
       (Blink, 2 charges)
       (-50% SPEED)
[I] Isaac [21] [36]
       (Ether Shock, 2 charges)
The Comeback

Icarus overdrives [-4 MP] and charges at the teleportation gem! She brings her blade down at the gem, shattering it. Purple energy courses through Icarus's body, granting her 2 charges of Blink. She is healed 5 HP.

Isaac finds that the blink dagger can only blink its wielder, not the blade itself. It's how the enchantment is designed - you point the tip of the blade to the target location and it teleports you, but you cannot teleport the dagger itself. ((Make another action.))

The crystal to the bottom left hovers off of its pedestal and glows a teal color for a moment. Icarus finds teal magic crawling up her legs and restraining her servos, reducing her SPEED by 50%.
The golem raises his Sigil Blade high into the air and swings down onto Icarus!
[8 SKILL] VS [!10! SPEED] Icarus dives to the left, narrowly avoiding the powerful blade that just swung by her.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15738 on: October 10, 2014, 09:00:24 pm »

Isaac instead tosses up the dagger, projections surrounding the hilt, extending sharp points that run parallel to the blade. He sends it flying off to make contact with the sigil itself, aiming to grapple, while still doing damage.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15739 on: October 10, 2014, 09:15:25 pm »

Isaac instead tosses up the dagger, projections surrounding the hilt, extending sharp points that run parallel to the blade. He sends it flying off to make contact with the sigil itself, aiming to grapple, while still doing damage.
[12 SKILL] VS [TN 10] The dagger grapples onto the sigil, but the sigil seems securely tightly in. The dagger deals no damage.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15740 on: October 10, 2014, 09:19:46 pm »

With that done with, Isaac proceeds to extend more projections from the dagger into the golem, weaving between the golem and the actual sigil on a molecular level, gripping on the sigil. Whether he can or cannot on the same turn, he will attempt to rip the sigil out.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15741 on: October 11, 2014, 04:26:46 am »

"Isaac be a pall and help me with those annoying gems."

Icarus, blinks (I guess?) to the slowing gem and proceeds to break it next.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15742 on: October 11, 2014, 11:42:23 pm »

[I] Icarus [28] [16]
       (Ether Shock, 2 charges) - HF Blade
       (Blink, 1 charge)
       (Slow, 2 charges)
       (Cat, 1 turns)
[I] Isaac [21] [36]
       (Ether Shock, 2 charges)
The Comeback

Icarus blinks next to the crystal and slashes at it, shattering it into an explosion of teal energy which courses through her body and healing her.

Isaac finds that the Arcane Sigil is magically bound to the golem with an extremely powerful enchantment - the only way to remove it is to kill the golem or completely disable it. He hypothesizes that a blast of extremely powerful anti-magic should be sufficient enough to weaken the bonds enough to forcefully remove it.

The crystal near the golem hovers throughout the air and glows with a dull grey magic, sending a cloud of chaotic magic towards Icarus! She feels her entire body polymorph as her chassis shrinks and turns into an organic orange cat with green eyes for 1 turn. ((She can still use the magic she got, but not anything like her overdrive or her weapons))

The golem swings his colossal sword forward at Icarus!
[7 SKILL] VS [3 SPEED] The blade strikes the feline Icarus's side, dealing 19 damage!

The slowing curse on Icarus has worn off.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15743 on: October 11, 2014, 11:45:36 pm »

"Meow"

Icarus is not hindered by this in the least, and blinks behind the gem to the south of her, using the pillar it rests on as cover from the golem, then ethershocks the gem!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15744 on: October 12, 2014, 01:26:21 am »

"I need anti-magic, stat!"
Isaac charges forward and to the north slightly, sending a spike at the gem that is not the one Icarus is targeting.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15745 on: October 12, 2014, 07:09:09 am »

((just get the dwarves to fill the tunnels with magma, problem solved

or better yet, cave the tunnels in completely and go save Alice, which will be infinitely more entertaining))

((i forgot, woops, oh well it was miandering anyway, so she randomly ended up there))

"Well, i didnt mean to end up here"

Stella looks arround to see if anyone could do with some help now she is here anyway

Most people have already been helped by the authorities.

"Oh well. There should be something to do around here, right?"

((I really need to find more time for this,))

"Nothing enjoyable, but helping people is good"

You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15746 on: October 12, 2014, 07:09:47 am »

"Yeah, but it looks like most people are already being helped."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15747 on: October 12, 2014, 03:51:51 pm »

[I] Icarus [33] [16]
       (Ether Shock, 1 charges)
       (Slow, 2 charges)
       (???, 2 charges)
[I] Isaac [12] [36]
       (Ether Shock, 2 charges)
       (Cat Polymorph, 1 charge)
[G] The Sigil Golem [Healthy]
The Comeback

Icarcat blinks behind the gem and channels magic energy through her body, all her fur glowing yellow and raising like Pikachu as it shocks the crystal and shatters it. A mysterious cyan energy courses through and heals her, but she has no idea what spell she just received.

Isaac fires off a spike which strikes the final gem, shattering it and receiving its power.

Icarus is no longer a cat.

"I shall not falter! ARCANE BARRAGE!" he yells out across the room before raising his arms upwards, the lines on his armor glowing brighter as a circle of arcane energy appears under Isaac and erupts spontaneously, enveloping him in a tower of massive energy which deals 14 damage to him! Several other circles appear on the ground, one even under Icarus - and she knows that in a moment they will erupt just like the one on Isaac did.

((Disregard the gem above the golem. Forgot to remove it :p))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15748 on: October 12, 2014, 11:24:41 pm »

Icarus looks at the ball of pulsing magic...then the golem..back to the ball again...she checks her wrist as if she had a watch there..and finaly simply side-steps 5 tiles to the west.

"Boy are you going to falter..."

Icarus curses the golem with the slowness spell!

((for convenience sake, and so the game can get going properly again, have some more turns: Overdrive medium unto strength, cut that golem to bits, possibly slowing him again or ???ing him))
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:41:27 pm by Akroma »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15749 on: October 12, 2014, 11:28:52 pm »

((Gonna point out that Isaac moved a few tiles last action... but whatever.))
Isaac moves to the Southwest, polymorphing the golem into a cat!
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1757