Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 750436 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Dwarves and Closet Corpses
« Reply #15570 on: October 04, 2014, 08:07:09 am »

What was Garrett's reaction to the movie? kinda been waitingg

"That was... interesting. You couldn't really yell out, either, since it was a recording."

"Sydney's pretty close, it wouldn't take us more than a minute to get back."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15571 on: October 04, 2014, 08:36:39 am »

Walpurga remembers she exists and starts tinkering with various things in Alucards lab.
She finds a lot of magical shit in the lab, as well as technological shit. She finds things such as his Portable Hole, a void magic eraser, and other various magic artifacts that he has collected.
Alucard is tapping his finger on his desk, his head slumped into his other hand.

Quote from: The CREW
[I] Icarus [54] [24]
       (Overdrive)
[I] Isaac [28] [40]
[G]Adamantine Golem [Healthy]
Exploration Theme
ENCOUNTER

Icarus boosts her speed [-2 MP] and runs east!

Isaac peeks in the room. Suddenly, he hears a shift in the ground under him and an extremely bright green bolt of energy strikes his chest from the floor, dealing 17 damage!
But he doesn't see anything, apart from the green flow that fades away from the trap.

The golem rolls to the corner Icarus ran through, and fires a bolt the size of a fucking javelin from its mounted arm-crossbow, and at Icarus!
[19 SKILL] VS [!21! SPEED] Icarus tilts her head to the left, narrowly avoiding the javelin that sticks in the wall behind her, blasting a small crater into it.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #15572 on: October 04, 2014, 08:42:01 am »

((huh? movement speed seems inconsistent. Last turn, Icarus moved exactly 2*Speed squares (32), this time she only moved only 13 squares, not even her speed. I specified she'd move east and downwards, not just to the next corner, she should have gained a whole lot more distance from the golem, especialy since it was *you* who told me I could boost my speed to move further. Please be consistent. Unless you make up new positions as you go, Icarus would have been able to move 40 squares this turn, not just 13 - eluding the golems crossbow bolt btw.))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 08:46:35 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15573 on: October 04, 2014, 08:46:56 am »

((Tilespeed = 1/2 SPEED + 1. It's actually supposed to be - 1, but I changed it a little for this.
Her normal movespeed is 9.
Since she overdrived, her movespeed for that turn was her SPEED (20), divided by two (10), plus one (11), therefor she could move 11 squares.
So please stop claiming that I'm inconsistent when I'm following a mathematical formula.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15574 on: October 04, 2014, 08:50:51 am »

((inconsistent with the first turns of the whole thing, where Icarus moved 32 squares south, while Isaac even moved 45 squares from his position in the south to the loot section of the dungeon. That's hella inconsistent.))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15575 on: October 04, 2014, 08:53:30 am »

((I simulated multiple turns to speed this whole thing up. I divided the number of tiles you moved by your movespeed to get the number of turns, then moved the golems along their paths by their tilespeed times the turn.))
((Tell me where you want to go and I'll simulate multiple turns.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15576 on: October 04, 2014, 08:59:51 am »

((If *that* is actually the movementspeed you had planned all along, then the labyrinth is *way* too big. It takes Icarus 3 turns alone, with boost, just to get down the corridor, and she already is one of the speediest characters in the game, even without boost. That's 3 IRL days. Almost a full week to get to the end of the echolocation vision. Frankly, I do not want to spend a whole month (or more) in the dungeon where my involvement with this RPG is reduced to posting once a day where Icarus moves next. I seriously implore you to re-think movement speed to a sensible level, if you *ever* plan on finishing the dungeon. With this movement-speed, it is literaly unplayable.))

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15577 on: October 04, 2014, 09:01:05 am »

((Could you guys take this to pms?))
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15578 on: October 04, 2014, 09:03:21 am »

((not an arguement. I mean think about it. With this speed, exploring the dungeon will take at least a month. This should be discussed openly, so people other than me can voice their opinion on thisī, and suggest other movementspeeds))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15579 on: October 04, 2014, 09:05:27 am »

((It is a large dungeon, primarily because I thought more than 2 people would be inside of it.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15580 on: October 04, 2014, 09:06:23 am »

((more than two people would still be unable to walk through that corridor in less than a week. Because they would be *slower* even than Icarus))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15581 on: October 04, 2014, 09:12:34 am »

"Alright, I guess we could go then... But we're coming back here the moment we hear of anything suspicious, okay?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15582 on: October 04, 2014, 09:23:02 am »

"A crossbow-bolt? Really? What is this, medieval time? What's next, a pitfall trap?"

Icarus boosts her speed by 50% (-4 mana, +8) and heads south, leaving the utterly mediocre, clumsy and outdated construct behind.

-----

Walpurga tinkers with Alucards stuff some more
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:12:27 am by Akroma »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15583 on: October 04, 2014, 10:37:34 am »

Alucard looks at her.
 "What are you doing?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15584 on: October 04, 2014, 10:44:25 am »

"Try to make sense of whatever is in zis bottle here. It's not a gas or a liquid."
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1757