Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 751185 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Suddenly, PCs
« Reply #13200 on: August 29, 2014, 05:33:16 am »

Alucard grabs one and and begins to roll it out.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #13201 on: August 29, 2014, 05:37:06 am »

"Zis is one of the oldest chronicles of magic zat still exist, originaly zere were 36 scrolls like zis. Zey were written by Famerlor the all seeing, one of the first dragons. To zis day, only fragments vere ever translated. And look here."

Walpurga points to a depiciton of a mask, the kind of a dragon would wear it. It has no semblance to the mask currently at hand, it does however, contain the same symbol.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13202 on: August 29, 2014, 05:42:20 am »

"So there are more masks, then?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13203 on: August 29, 2014, 05:50:11 am »

"Not masks, no. Zee scriptures call zem zee "armaments of zee heretic". Zey are zee insignia of zee twelve, handed to zem by zee caliph upon zeir corronation. At least zat much is known. Zeir name however comes from the prophecy, zat foretells zat on zee final day, zee "great heretic" will wear zee entire set. With zem, he will challenge first creation, zen zee caliph, and finaly zee void, conquer and reshape zee entirety of existance with zem. Master Rasputin vas convinced zat either zis prophecy was nonsense, or zat zee twelve, or anything of zee void actually knows zis. Zey are too greedy to share zeir power, but it is believed zat wearing more zan one will grow zeir powers exponentialy. On zeir own however, zey are harmless. People have tried in zee past to use zem to become equal to zee sultanes - but zee armaments recognise zeir owner."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13204 on: August 29, 2014, 05:52:37 am »

"So we should destroy it as soon as possible, then? Or could it be used?"
Bartimaeus teleports in. He's in the form of a cupcake.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13205 on: August 29, 2014, 05:55:41 am »

"I am not sure if we have zee means to destroy something like zis easily. As for using zem, I can not possibly say for certain."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13206 on: August 29, 2014, 06:13:29 am »

Mary having observed the rather odd proceedings for their entire duration, interjects:
"Wait, so let me get this straight, you got this mask, from something or other, I presume that you had to pry it out of it's cold, dead hands. You then go on to say that should one of these things ever get united by another one, that it would be a very good for whoever has them. You also said that those things are power hungry.

But, you then say that people have tried to use them in the past, if that's the case, then wouldn't those people have those stolen by another one and two of them would have gotten united? I mean, if any of them keep tabs on the other and notices that it's missing it's tool, wouldn't it rush to claim it for itself?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13207 on: August 29, 2014, 06:15:50 am »

"I have no idea. It's not like we know much about zee emptiness, its inner politics and proceedings."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13208 on: August 29, 2014, 06:18:40 am »

"Wait, so how did you get this mask anyway? Is that why those people were hunting you guys down? How did people in the past get those tools and what happened to them?"
"Oh I bet you could fetch a pretty penny with one of those things then... sell it to something in another Creation, or a Twilight Realm, something those beings will have trouble getting into. You then use what you get in return for some happy murder fun time! ^o^"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13209 on: August 29, 2014, 06:20:38 am »

"Dr.Facheuse claims zey have beaten Iribaar in combat. Which sounds like nonsense, but zee mask seems to confirm it."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13210 on: August 29, 2014, 06:23:26 am »

"So yes, you guys had to pry it from the cold dead hands of something. How did the others lose theirs? It doesn't sound like they're very dead."
"How about giving it to an Angel? They'll probably murder all of them and everything on this whole planet ^o^ They're careful like that~"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13211 on: August 29, 2014, 06:27:21 am »

"In zee past, zee Sultanes did not actually walk the earth on zeir own, zey slowly corrupted zee mind of those of sold zeir souls to zem. Those especially talented became zeir champions, pushing agendas zat we sadly only know little about. I suppose zey might have lend zee armaments to zeir champions, to make zem even stronger. I have seen people who went deep into service of a sultane. Zee power zat can be aquired zat way is scary."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13212 on: August 29, 2014, 06:36:28 am »

"They trusted their champions with those? Sounds like it would just turn into a free-for-all between champions for those... Wait, doesn't just having that here make us all a target for every other one of them?"
"So, these can only be used by those Sultanes, right? You could try getting some sponsors in, people who might want those weapons for research or as trophies, have them give you some equipment, support and funding then, just murder~ the others with it and give their weapons to your sponsors!"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13213 on: August 29, 2014, 06:38:57 am »

"As I said, it is believed that zee sultanes either do not know how zese things work, or what is equaly likely, zey do not actually work zat way."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13214 on: August 29, 2014, 06:42:54 am »

"I'm leaning towards the second option, if there's a prophecy about it, I think they probably would have found it."
"Useful or not, there will be people who would probably be willing to assist in exchange for one of those weapons at the end of this all."
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 1757