Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 751351 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Suddenly, PCs
« Reply #12825 on: August 25, 2014, 01:06:11 pm »

Alice looked towards the others
"I... I should stay until the others have left, if one of them gets hurt..."
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #12826 on: August 25, 2014, 01:08:13 pm »

"We will need to split up into two groups, whichever group is chased splits up again, and so on, until we have either lost the beast or only one of us is still being chased, who then gets picked up by a teleporter or flier."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12827 on: August 25, 2014, 01:28:10 pm »

"That sounds like a... a good plan" Alice attempted to stand up, she didn't make it all the way. "I'm not sure if... if everyone will follow it though"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12828 on: August 25, 2014, 01:30:19 pm »

Icarus helps Alice up.

"Or if everyone can actually run from that thing..it looks big and bulking, but that may deceive."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12829 on: August 25, 2014, 01:39:42 pm »

Alice leant onto Icarus, she paled slightly
"What do you think it will do if we do run away?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12830 on: August 25, 2014, 01:41:54 pm »

"Probably run Amok until someon...well..shit. I guess I'll have to take it out then afterall. Winry, while I recharge my mana, some quick maintenance?"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12831 on: August 25, 2014, 01:50:45 pm »

Alice nodded
"I'll... I'll try and keep everyone alive"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12832 on: August 25, 2014, 03:21:26 pm »

Winry nods and starts to heal Icarus.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12833 on: August 25, 2014, 11:22:25 pm »

ICARUS restores her mana somewhat by using Sen's magic battery! She regains 10 mana!

Annoyed with ICARUS' success, or perhaps only seeing her as the strongest combatant her due to it, Bahamut makes her it's next target. A circular indent on it's chest begins to glow, before a surging energy beam pours forth, blanketing the area ICARUS finds herself in, as gatling guns spin, cracking one of Stella's teeth in the process, tearing up the concrete around the gynoid as they unleash a hail of bullets. It's tail, however, whips about lazily, striking at Kyle, as it lumbers forward, moving deceptively slowly...or is it? Ashley did manage to hit it with that Katana of hers, after all...

[(6) v. 6] [(30) v. 10]/2 As fast as ICARUS is, or perhaps her skill at anticipating it's movements allows her to dodge the uncharacteristically clumsy blast, though the sheer amount of energy intrinsic in the beam, which levels several houses as it continues on, melting asphalt and igniting pavement from the heat of it, causes her 10 damage from being near it.
[(11), (6) v. 12] ((okay seriously what the fuck Akroma this is getting tedious)) That same speed allows her to dance back from the gatling shots, actually managing to use the energy blast as cover; the heat would melt and vaporize the bullets before they could reach her. An oversight, letting something such as that last so long.
[(15) v. 6] [(14) v. 10] The tail slap, however, manages to hit, sending Kyle skidding into the side of a building, though the damage is more cosmetic than anything, and he picks himself up, having taken only 4 damage.

Ashley initiates an attack that has a name which only barely describes the effects! It is, in fact, a barrage of attacks, after all! [2; 5] (-20 mana) She gets to make 5 attacks, all at a -4 penalty to Skill, but not to the roll!
[11, 7, 14, 14, 2 v. (3), (10), (15), (7), (2)] [4, 2, 13, 16, 6 v. (11), (12), (8), (13), (10)] Bahamut slows considerably, crucial circuits taking time to repair, as it's struck again and again, taking only 4 damage, but having it's Speed reduced by 6, and it's Strength reduced by 4! But that's not all! The bubble pops! [2] [4+16 v. (8)] This deals 12 damage, but Ashley finds herself incredibly fatigued from the exertion! Her Speed, Skill, Strength, and Magic stats have been reduced by 30% until she rests! Teleporting will likely be difficult as well...

Bartimaeus joins the fight, firing a major detonation at Bahamut! [1! v. (10)] [23 v. 4]/2 Unfortunately, it detonates far too early, and he manages to injure himself for 9 damage!

Garret continues to speed up Stella, however useless it might be in this fight! ((Seriously, with the bonuses to hit and skill this thing gets, plus the fact that it's kind ignoring Stella even though she's clinging to it fang and claw right now, you're wastin' your time and mana, bro)) (-2 mana)

Walpurga shoots the monstrosity, taking cover! [14+1-1 v. (15!)] She misses the beast, barely, the creature having been flung up into the air by the exploding Chaos Bubble!

Mary continues charging Arcane Solstice some more! It's gonna be good when it's finally ready! I promise! In the meantime, why don't you listen to this song we made!

Winry tries to help, by healing ICARUS! (-4 mana) [11] [5+4] ICARUS is healed for 9 health!

Hilda transforms into Giant Fisting Mode! Wait...BETA Mode, right, that's what it's called!

Kyle takes off to try and find Sen!

Piccolo Alucard needs time to charge his Special Beam Cannon major inferno, and he's using that time well! To charge! Ya know. Cuz'...he needs to charge. >_>

The ghost fires some extremely generic magic! [3! v. (7)] The blast is too generic to go very far, and peters out well short of the hulking behemoth!

Isaac spirals into the air, creating spikes of bones that spiral out from either hand, as he races towards his target! [8] [5 v. (2)] [7+18 v. (9)] The spikes impale Bahamut, emerging from the other side with a screeching tear of metal, as the beast takes 16 damage! Isaac takes 1 point of damage from backlash! (-7 mana)

The Shadow tries to use Terror 4! (-8 mana [7] But it fails!

Tobias strikes back! [11+1 v. (9)] [9+2 v. (14!)] His blades aren't strong enough to pierce the creature's metallic hide, however, as he skims it's surface expertly!

Kaiser uses up all remaining mana to try and destroy the creature, weapons and armor falling away uselessly as he does so! [-about 24 mana or so] [11] He struggles against the nanotechnology, his attempt thwarted by his own nanobot's malignant stubbornness!

The Wizard summons an Earth Elemental! [31] It'll stick around for a while, though how much good it'll do is questionable!

Spoiler: Earth Elemental (click to show/hide)

Vaeros joins Stella in the draconic rumble, clawing at the beast! [4 v. (1!)] [3+3 v. (5!)] He manages to latch on, clawing and ripping off a chunk of armor, sending the beast back from momentum ((Dem double crit fails, man)), dealing 6 damage!

Alice attempts to heal herself! (-6 mana) [10] She heals herself for 17 health, restoring a good deal of her health!

Stella continues to attack the creature, superheating her jaws! [-2 mana] [2 v. (8)] But it pushes her off and away, shortly before Vaeros slams into it, hurling it back towards Stella!

Mary can finally discharge her load! (-all residual magic in area)[4+3 v. (3)] [14+18 v. (13) The massive blast of energy tears into the creature, annihilating a limb, most of a wing, and part of it's chest, for a grand total of 19 damage!

The creature staggers, the other wing falling to the ground, disintegrating as it hits. A leg shatters suddenly, the creature's weight breaking the crushed limb as it topples to the other knee. Reaching out in rage and anger, it's forced to support it's weight with it's other arm, and as it's guns fall into their component pieces and disintegrate, large pieces falling to the ground and simply flaring themselves out of existence, it looks up, staring ICARUS in the eye.

"Do not think, * that I am done * so soon..."

Even as it says this, the head falls away, revealing the crown of Kaotaro's head as it crashes to the ground, body glowing white as it burns away, leaving only the small girl, outfit in shreds, who was the core of the beast.

The party gains 20 Experience Points! Kaotaro has rejoined the party! The party gains 1 White Fragmentor Opal!

Wait, Fragmentor Opal?

Oh right, a shiny white orb-looking thing was the only non-Kaotaro thing that survived the defeat of the creature. What could it do?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12834 on: August 25, 2014, 11:28:58 pm »

Stella flops to the ground exhausted

"Please tell me we have a chance to rest now!!!"

((So how much exp was ashfake worth? and the assassins?))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12835 on: August 25, 2014, 11:34:17 pm »

Kaiser promptly faceplants.

((I forget ashfake, first wave was worth nothin, second wave was worth 25XP))
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:40:15 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #12836 on: August 25, 2014, 11:40:47 pm »

Nevlyn walks over and grabs Kaotaro and holds her arms behind her back waiting for the police.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12837 on: August 26, 2014, 12:17:26 am »

((well ashfake was worth at least 25 so i'll go with that, meaning Stella is sitting at 30exp till next level))

"Ah that's right, girl that thing came from"

Stella trudges heavily over to help Nevlyn
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12838 on: August 26, 2014, 04:46:37 am »

((can't blame Icarus for aweesomeness. That's just what happens. May be all the divine blood her body soaked up.))

Walpurga inspects the gem with her ESP-meter.

Icarus would dust herself off, if she wasn't super dirt repellant, and brings her blade to Kaotaros neck.

"The explanation better be good."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12839 on: August 26, 2014, 05:17:09 am »

Alucard is also inspecting the gem after firing the inferno as a firework.
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 1757