Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 813 814 [815] 816 817 ... 1757

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Poof.  (Read 751578 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: Assassins, Round Two
« Reply #12210 on: August 12, 2014, 11:49:56 am »

((dont forget the scouting while we fight))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12211 on: August 12, 2014, 12:05:24 pm »

((Bah, I don't want to overwhelm Smurf. But whatever.))
Tobias launches himself into the air, using the gas of his Maneuver Gear to keep him flying, and speeding himself up. He switches to his Shadow Form, making him immune to physical attacks but extra damaged by light and fire magic. He flies off towards his teammates.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12212 on: August 12, 2014, 12:07:19 pm »

Dalia finally works her magic. By which I mean she unleashes a big curse on an assassin, to reduce its Speed and Skill by 30% for 6 mana.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #12213 on: August 12, 2014, 01:34:48 pm »

Meanwhile, a woman in a nazi uniform approaches the park. Seeing the ensueing chaos, she looks around a bit awkwardly, trying to raise her voice, but then deciding against it. She gets a bit back, opens a suitcase and unfolds a weird contraption, that upon closer inspection turns out to be a tiny camping chair. Adding a small gascooker and a kettle to the mix, she starts brewing a bit of tea, while observing.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12214 on: August 12, 2014, 04:03:40 pm »

((and the clifftop? (heck, why is there even a cliff in a rural town on the eastcoast of australia?))
((Wait, isn't the Ryan household in suburban New South Wales?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12215 on: August 12, 2014, 04:17:27 pm »

((They might be in Queensland given how close they are to Brisbane. But they are definitely on the east coast, that much I know.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12216 on: August 12, 2014, 05:48:28 pm »

((I beleive it was said somewhere that they are slightly northwest of Brissy))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12217 on: August 12, 2014, 05:53:39 pm »

((Which makes no sense, since Northdale is close to the coast and northwest of Brisbane is inland. Northeast would make more sense in that case.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12218 on: August 12, 2014, 05:54:03 pm »

((Who am I getting healed by, again??))

Kaotaro faltered, armor being carved away in chunks by the sudden assault, closing up slowly, looking almost tender, like a fresh wound. Which she certainly had, from the looks of things where the lasers had penetrated. She wobbles, nearly falling before shaking her head and dashing to one side, jets flaring as she moved even faster. As she moved, struggling to stay out of the lines of fire the assassins had set up, a weapon began forming along her right flank, facing forward and capable of swiveling; a small grenade launcher, it looked like, with a blast shield. Whether it really was a grenade launcher was a different question, as she reached her cover and slumped against it, dark blood staining the side of her white suit, the same hue, but not the same shade, of red that adorned her armor in a more natural way.

Engage Thruster Jets; Engage Self-Defense Armaments: Defensive Light +3 Blast Cannon(no AoE, needs line of sight; explosive projectiles, variable ammunition)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12219 on: August 12, 2014, 05:55:16 pm »

((Sen is healing Kaotaro, Mary is healing Stella and Alice is healing Nevlyn.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 IC: I am amused.
« Reply #12220 on: August 12, 2014, 08:36:12 pm »

The Nomad strafes one of the assassins [15] VS [5], dealing [16] VS [4] 12 damage!

Winry [10] overcharges Icarus's mana by 5!

Bartimaeus runs like small child!

Alison walks into the park, confused and angry and upset.

Icarus grabs the satchel, only to find that the detonation charge is magical in nature. She throws it behind an assassin, regardless.

Walpurga decides to watch. Creepy bitch.

Garrett buffs Stella's speed by 4, (-2 mana).

Stella [9] [15] VS [8] manages to hit one of the assassins, due to Garrett's boosts, dealing [25!] VS [4] 21 damage! The assassin has been burnt to death.

Dalia [6] (-6 mana) curses an assassin, reducing his speed and skill!

Kaotaro activates several upgrades!

Sen [5] does not cast her spell!

Mary ((emp, your sheet confuses me)) [5] heals Stella for 8 health!

Hilda switches into ALPHA.

Tobias moves towards his teammates!

Alice [17] heals Nevlyn for 6 health!

Kaiser [9] (-8 mana, -2 health) overcharges his armor, lines on which start glowing gold!

Nevlyn [3] VS [10] leaps towards the assassins, but they see him coming and relocate!

Kaiser takes the full barrage! (-5 mana, -5 mana, -5 mana, -5 mana) [12+5], [10+5], [9+5], [11+5] VS [6+8], [5+8], [3+8], [3+8]; dealing 13 damage!

Alucard [12](-8 mana) [17] VS [7] fires his explosion at an assassin, dealing a whopping 50 damage! The assassin disintegrates!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12221 on: August 12, 2014, 08:40:07 pm »

Recognizing Kaiser's voice, Mary softly remarks "I thought you said everything was fine?"

Whoever is first in the field and awaits the coming of the enemy, will be fresh for the fight; whoever is second in the field and has to hasten to battle will arrive exhausted.

With regard to precipitous heights, if you are beforehand with your adversary, you should occupy the raised and sunny spots, and there wait for him to come up.

A more determined resolve quite unlike the nervousness she previously displayed begins to emerge in her voice, "How about we just retreat? We've been ambushed, but they're entrenched and if we escape they'd have to leave their positions to give chase, giving up their advantage. I don't think they could have rigged the roads without anyone noticing so we could make an uncovered escape back towards your house...

We can run, they can't do much about that except shoot at us, plus they'll probably just get taken down by that aircraft."

She glances over at Alice and Sen healing their respective patients.
"Right, we have three people who can heal... that dragon up there could probably make aiming hard for them or even mask our escape... how about we set up a bit and make a break for it after their next barrage? I'll go first if you wish, if there's any traps, I'll be hit, I'm more expendable than those other two anyways. But promise to heal me please, I don't want to or plan on dying here."
Tapping the back of Kaiser's exoskeleton she continues
"You could probably take and return a few shots especially with two healers, they seem to need to be kinda close though so I guess I'll be healing that dragon from afar and they can heal the others. Fair enough?"

Her eyes dart onto the enemy positions, how close together were they? Could one of her spells chain twice from one hit? Charged heal. Mary stays in cover behind Kaiser, examining the enemy formation and what actions telegraph the commencement of another barrage.

((What part is causing the confusion?))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #12222 on: August 12, 2014, 08:44:56 pm »

Nevlyn looks to be about to pounce but when he jumps he flies towards a tree. Huh.

Kyle is talking with a radioactive magic girl.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12223 on: August 12, 2014, 08:55:23 pm »

Sen continues casting!
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12224 on: August 12, 2014, 09:17:15 pm »

Stella's voice, via her hands free headset reaches all team-mates

"If you want me to cloud up the fight, you will need to wait a bit, that last blast took it's toll"

((White Fire prevents Stella using her fire powers for a round))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 813 814 [815] 816 817 ... 1757