Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 517459 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Holy crapmuffins, an actual rulechange
« Reply #9075 on: February 09, 2015, 08:39:11 pm »

I'm 95% certain that you're in the testing thread already. Having another thread just for testing game mechanics seems kinda decadent to me.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: February 09, 2015, 08:40:05 pm »

oh, okay.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: February 09, 2015, 10:12:46 pm »

There were two testing threads at different points in time, but no one really used them.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: February 10, 2015, 02:26:11 am »

okay, time to pull the grenade pin:

Quote from: SUmmoning Rules
Summoning:
Negliable: some cute critter of no actual use apart from being cute, and possibly distracting
Small : 25 stat base
Medium: 50 stat base
big: 75 stat base
enormous: 100 stat base
Gigantic: 125 stat base
Even bigger: 150 etc. etc.

The summoning itself takes 1 turn, with the summon being ready to act on the next turn. For enormous summons, there is a delay of 1 turn while the summon manifests itself. The character that summoned it can already act that turn, Gigantic 2 turns delay, etc. etc.

Summons remain for as many turns as you have rolled over the TN, example, for an enormous summon, with a TN of 9, summoned with a mag roll of 11 stays only 2 turns. It is generally recommended to decrease the TNs and add drawbacks instead

I don't see where it sais ANYTHING about two summons with stats of the next lowest tier. It sais you summon a statpool of 100, that means one critter with 100, or two with 50, or 4 with 25. or even one with 75 and one with 25. Not two with 75. That would be a stat base of 150, and 2 categories higher. Same for two 175 statbase summons, they are not category 200, they are category 350, which is 6 tiers higher
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: February 10, 2015, 02:44:56 am »

yeah, that's what I said

why you be pulling pins already pulled
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: February 10, 2015, 05:34:24 am »

I just don't understand why Tobias is trying to cast huge spells at the start of the game. That's a big strategic disadvantage.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: February 10, 2015, 09:26:02 am »

Actually, it doesn't say anything about statpool, it says statbase, and I believe summoning multiple smaller creatures was discussed around when Leth was designed, and we decided upon 2 creatures of one tier lower statbase for smaller spell tiers was appropriate, or 2 lower or even three for larger tiers.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: February 10, 2015, 03:34:49 pm »

aaah, finish the side-quests already. I really need Tobias and Bartimaeus to make sure the investigation can be done smoothly.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: February 11, 2015, 12:43:19 am »

eh, considering it is the main loot thing in Draculas armory, the spear is probably pretty powerful. I find it kinda lame if all the guardian gets is a "I grab the spear and teleport away eventhough I am not even a teleporter".

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: February 11, 2015, 12:48:16 am »

Originally, it was encased by the guardian's fluid body, preventing it to be grabbed. Once it was knocked away somehow, Tobias saw an opportunity to flee, and used an item to escape to the Shadowlands with the loot. All is fair in love and war. And in war, looting is included :P

Tried fighting, that didn't seem to be working terribly well, so why not flee?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:51:38 am by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: February 11, 2015, 05:37:35 am »

Also, I didn't alter any rolls in this fight to simulate danger. I know full well that a monster only a little stronger than a human is easily beaten, but I guess the RNG didn't let that happen.
but tobias is a pussy, and obviously this escape will have to backfire somehow.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: February 11, 2015, 06:04:34 am »

Make the slimes multiply like crazy and attack the surface in pursuit of Tobias.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: February 11, 2015, 06:44:32 am »

Make the slimes multiply like crazy and attack the surface in pursuit of Tobias.
Grey goo? :P

Also, I didn't alter any rolls in this fight to simulate danger. I know full well that a monster only a little stronger than a human is easily beaten, but I guess the RNG didn't let that happen.
I recall overhearing a discussion about this sort of thing actually, it's quite interesting. Apparently, random systems are often rendered less random because of their user's own idea of the results they should get. People tend to think that RNGs shouldn't so something like generate the number repeatedly, or that they should have equal amounts of each possible result, when in actuality such deviations and anomalies occur precisely because their random nature allows them to occur.

The example that was brought up was that of a multiple choice exam, where the person making it may think that the each letter should be the correct answer 25% of the time when enforcing that criteria removes randomness. Come to think of it, people probably would fudge their rolls more so that they adhere to their own idea of "randomness" rather than to get a desired outcome.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: February 11, 2015, 08:33:28 am »

but tobias is a pussy, and obviously this escape will have to backfire somehow.
So, discourage players from anything but the standard "kill everything to win" attitude? I don't approve. There's nothing wrong with taking the safe way out, and getting the hell out of dodge once you have what you came for.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: February 11, 2015, 09:08:12 am »

Hmm... I need to get some more tilesets for my mapping stuff. Maybe some Scifi stuff and a few more medieval stuff.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 685