Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 521255 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #6225 on: September 22, 2014, 07:31:12 pm »

Lightning isn't light.

It's electricity.

They're different.

Magic lightning moves across distances slower than normal lightning. Which is why it can be dodged(that and the whole aiming thing). It basically recursively moves back and forth on it's path like a loop until it reaches it's target. Yes, still quite fast. However, it can be dodged.

Normal lightning can't be, not least because it's not like you can see the clouds aiming at you.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: September 22, 2014, 07:38:51 pm »

...I'm not being literal when I'm saying it's light. I'm not retarded. I know they're different. Also, an explanation for the whole "dodging magic lightning" thing could simply be because of knock back that can possibly be controlled or possibly knock you off focus.

Also, for normal lightning, you can feel the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. I'd know, seeing as I've almost been struck by lightning before. It makes sense as to why someone 1000% faster than myself, would be able to feel it, and react, especially since she has stronger and more senses than others.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: September 22, 2014, 07:45:32 pm »

And she would somehow be able to feel exactly where the lightning would hit her on?

I mean, lightning strikes incredibly fast. And you can't be sure where it will actually hit, because of the way it works. You've seen the incredibly slow motion footage of lightning striking, right?

I mean, seriously, if she can dodge lightning, how does she ever get hit by anything ever?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: September 22, 2014, 07:52:39 pm »

Also, KaotaroxKaiserxDalia will be mildly disturbing, as Kaotaro probably won't turn out to be the jealous type, just slightly obsessive/hero-worship.

She's got issues.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: September 22, 2014, 07:53:44 pm »

Who doesn't? I'm pretty sure that most people in the group have issues of some kind. Some are just worse and more obvious than others.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: September 22, 2014, 07:54:13 pm »

Hm, now let's see.. how can Bartimaeus make this love triangle hell?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: September 22, 2014, 07:54:49 pm »

Well, lightning you know... Comes from above. Kind of easy to tell that. She'd have a good second or so. That's enough time to enter the void, correct position, and absorb the bolt. There's a difference between dodging and having an educated guess that, oh, I don't know, LIGHTNING COMES FROM THE SKY. KIND OF.PREDICTABLE.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: September 22, 2014, 07:58:30 pm »

I stand by Projeck on this. Ashley has probably had the time to develop a keen dodge instinct due to her time in the void in addition to being able to teleport. 

also, Magic or not, lightning is lightning. That shit is fast. Out of all elemental attacks, it is probably the second fastest, with Light attacks being first.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: September 22, 2014, 07:59:15 pm »

Issues in my mind is not the same as 'being a psychopath is normal for this character'.

That's just bein' lazy/psychopathic.

Considering making one of my characters or another Ace, since I don't think there's anyone who is, but not sure if it would be relevant since you all have your own ideas for who crushes on who and whatnot set up already.

@Projeck: No. You don't get a second to dodge Lightning. Lightning does not take a second to strike. That's ridiculous. Not just that, but she wouldn't know what the correct position would be. Plus, even assuming she could predict it somehow, why even stay in the same position if she can simply enter the void? Why not jaunt a few hundred meters to the left and allow it to not hit?

It's not about it coming from the sky, it's about what direction from the sky. It can come from a pretty steep angle and just end up under your sword, and since it hit her back and not her head, that's probably similar to what would have happened.

Stop shouting because I'm complaining that your character can parry lightning. Think about how utterly ridiculous that is.

And don't get me wrong Sanure, magic lightning's still damned fast, but it's not undodgably fast.

Isn't there, like, nothing in the void, though? What would she have had to dodge?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: September 22, 2014, 08:03:28 pm »

LOOK AT MY PRO TRIPLE KILL IN DOTA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owi_3d-E_oc

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: September 22, 2014, 08:06:25 pm »

Issues in my mind is not the same as 'being a psychopath is normal for this character'.

That's just bein' lazy/psychopathic.

I was referring to other stuff besides plain old psychopathy, but whatever...

Considering making one of my characters or another Ace, since I don't think there's anyone who is, but not sure if it would be relevant since you all have your own ideas for who crushes on who and whatnot set up already.

I... Have no clue what you mean by Ace. And I can't tell through context either. Please elaborate.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: September 22, 2014, 08:07:41 pm »

LOOK AT MY PRO TRIPLE KILL IN DOTA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owi_3d-E_oc

Bitch please

I've gotten a quad-kill in LoL with Yi.

And he sucks

So do I, tho

Ace means asexual.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: September 22, 2014, 08:10:21 pm »

Oh. See. Kinda of an odd nickname for it though... I could have sworn that we had a few asexual characters about, but maybe not. Nobody's name is leaping to the top of my head at least.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: September 22, 2014, 08:10:28 pm »

Well.if it "went under her sword" it would still hit her fucking sword since it's made out of a conductive metal. It'd go for that shit. Also, when I spell shit out like "a/one second" I'm not meaning it literally most of the time. I've said in the past, time and fucking time again, Ashley's teleportation is fast enough for a lot of things. And due to time differences between the void and creation, she'd have enough time.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: September 22, 2014, 08:13:49 pm »

Ah, no, not how lightning works, unfortunately. It takes the path it found. If the path it found was not to the sword, it would not go to the sword.

And if it was guided, which seems likely to me since it didn't hit the void gate, it certainly wouldn't have hit the sword.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 685