Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 520957 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #6120 on: September 19, 2014, 10:49:50 pm »

I am not happy.
Elaborate.
Presumably by how an enemy who was already defeated and should have been bleeding out instead managed to hypnotize someone with protection against such things and escape with two other enemies, freeing one of them from a magical entrapment?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: September 19, 2014, 10:50:19 pm »

Elaborate.
Probably the whole 'they all escape automatically and you can do nothing about it'.

Kj probably wanted a new torture buddy.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: September 19, 2014, 10:50:26 pm »

Indeed.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: September 19, 2014, 10:51:46 pm »

I am not happy.
Elaborate.
Presumably by how an enemy who was already defeated and should have been bleeding out instead managed to hypnotize someone with protection against such things and escape with two other enemies, freeing one of them from a magical entrapment?
Good point. I'll clear it up with Sanure. Totally forgot Kyle had the helmet.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: September 19, 2014, 10:54:45 pm »

When I mentioned Hypnotic tug, I did not mean that it was mind control based. It's more like the feeling thata you get when your arm or leg falls asleep, you let blood flow back into it, and then someone holds your arm/leg and pulls on it. It feels wierd, but you can't just stop them from doing it.

The haze is what is doing it and not Osmodeus.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: September 19, 2014, 10:56:09 pm »

I am not happy.
Elaborate.
Good point. I'll clear it up with Sanure. Totally forgot Kyle had the helmet.
Not just that, assuming that defeat indicated that the target's HP has been reduced below zero, they would be completely incapable of saying much, casting magic, using items or moving too quickly.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: September 19, 2014, 10:57:15 pm »

To me, the haze is the most questionable part of the whole deal. Spreads instaquick for a gas, no one thinks to hold their breath or the like, not just some sort of magical neurotoxin...it's a macgyver in a situation without any real need for one.

Also, when I set HP totals for bosses, they're more like 'this is how long until they retreat/FINAL FORM' rather than 'this is how much health they have period'.

Otherwise they end up with shittons of health and I have to deal with 'at this percent blahblahblah and then blah and so blah' and it's just annoying.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: September 19, 2014, 10:59:39 pm »

Indeed, there were no resistance rolls, and characters such as Alice who could dispel status effects did nothing to counteract it.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: September 19, 2014, 11:03:22 pm »

Osmodeus is a king of hell, so him being defeated is more of a trap than actual defeat. He is the corrupter, would he really be defeated that easily?

As for the haze, It's a sensory deprication field that affects melee units different from Magic users. It doesn't need to be breathed in. THe gas is a quick spread chemical that easily and quickly spreads when introduced to air. A single vial of the substance can cover a roughly 30ft area, which is enough to cover the currect battlefield. Also, It doesn't take long for a gas to expand outwards once released from a container.

Also, to avoid any arguments that are bound to happen, Consider that maybe, just maybe, Osmodeus, Franzisca, and Elysia may be plot centric and needed to escape?
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: September 19, 2014, 11:05:21 pm »

Did you stop to consider that maybe, just maybe, you could have planned ahead and not made characters like that plot centric?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: September 19, 2014, 11:07:19 pm »

You do realize that Kyle can easily track them down now that they have their magic signatures, right?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: September 19, 2014, 11:08:20 pm »

Was there anything to imply that it was a trap and that he had something up his sleeve? Also, how was it that the hostile was able to pull out the vial and deploy the haze without any PC managing to shoot him? Such questions do demand answers.

You do realize that Kyle can easily track them down now that they have their magic signatures, right?
You do realize that there are means to conceal such signatures and that it is arguable he shouldn't have needed to in the first place?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: September 19, 2014, 11:10:15 pm »

First of all, Not my plot.

Second, PN is right. Osmodeus does have a very unique magic signiture.

@EMP, It is very hard for a king of hell to hide his magical signiture when he has a aura that permeates in a 30ft radius and never shuts off.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: September 19, 2014, 11:11:20 pm »

Still, how did no PC react in time to intervene and was there anything to imply that he had such an escape measure prepared?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: September 19, 2014, 11:11:30 pm »

Was there anything to imply that it was a trap and that he had something up his sleeve? Also, how was it that the hostile was able to pull out the vial and deploy the haze without any PC managing to shoot him? Such questions do demand answers.
When a PC does a standard action to use something, are they suddenly interrupted by the bad guy shooting them on their turn?

Osmodeus's magic signature is all over the area. They might even be able to trace the teleport.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 685