Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 520724 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5730 on: August 28, 2014, 05:14:22 pm »

Wait what? How would having her body get destroyed but her core survive result in permakill if the core gets recovered?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: August 28, 2014, 05:18:07 pm »

Then that's not really permakill, then, but that body is gone, so she'll be just an AI in a ball, until someone makes her a new body, with new abilities and stats and stuff.

Her AI lives on, but HILDA's body dies.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: August 28, 2014, 05:41:25 pm »

Here's how it is:

Hilda has a special attack that permakills her and fucks a boss sideways.

I don't care about the realism in this, I do care if I think the attack is mechanically overpowered.
Ability that permakills herself but fucks a boss sideways? What do you mean?

Then that's not really permakill, then, but that body is gone, so she'll be just an AI in a ball, until someone makes her a new body, with new abilities and stats and stuff.

Her AI lives on, but HILDA's body dies.
Pretty much. And even so, destroying the core will probably destroy a LOT of shit like a nuke of void magic. Kind of like how destroying the HYDRA's fusion reactor will create a nuclear blast.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: August 28, 2014, 08:07:12 pm »

Hey guys?

Please shut up about this because it's a really dumb debate?

Thanks.

Now to be more reasonable in my approach.

@Empiricist: When dealing with things of that magnitude, could we please not try to involve abusable game mechanics?
@PrivateNomad: Why do you have to have a walking time bomb as your character(my own hypocrisy aside; that's for plot/char development, that's different :P)? Can't we just agree that the Core just, like, teleports to a location it deems safe(aka orbiting the sun from 500 million km or the Void) and toughens itself, then goes over subroutines to figure out what the fuck happened since it is the black box system?
@smurfingtonthethird: You really are kinda lax about these type of abilities, man. They should not be something mechanics even apply to. They are there for supreme dramatic effect and finishing blows on stupendously powerful earth-shattering behemoths that can only be defeated at great cost(thus the sacrificial strike). Or single-use extremely potent Worf Effects.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: August 28, 2014, 11:52:58 pm »

I am merely concerned that HILDA effectively has the capabilities to escape perma-death.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: August 29, 2014, 05:11:53 am »

aww yiss, finaly rwby is out
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: August 29, 2014, 08:10:34 am »

I am merely concerned that HILDA effectively has the capabilities to escape perma-death.
Actually it's more like the capabilities to not need to throw out a character entirely rather than escape perma-death.

Also, not going to be on much today as I'm going to school now.  :'(

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: August 29, 2014, 08:12:54 am »

That's escaping perma-death. Considering that there's no waitlist or respawn time, the only reason perma-death even carries weight is the threat of permanent character loss, removing that possibility violates the whole point of it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: August 29, 2014, 08:15:01 am »

That's escaping perma-death. Considering that there's no waitlist or respawn time, the only reason perma-death even carries weight is the threat of permanent character loss, removing that possibility violates the whole point of it.
No... She would be effectively a new character just one with the same personality and mind set. I don't see the problem with people not having to throw their entire character out just because something lucky happens.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: August 29, 2014, 08:15:23 am »

considering the core has only mag and neither speed - and thus no intiative - nor defence nor health, Hilda would not get that huge last resort spell out. Any enemy would simply need to cough at the core
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: August 29, 2014, 08:17:13 am »

No... She would be effectively a new character just one with the same personality and mind set. I don't see the problem with people not having to throw their entire character out just because something lucky happens.
That's my point. That is not character loss. All it amounts to is the same character with different stats.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: August 29, 2014, 08:51:04 am »

That's my point. That is not character loss. All it amounts to is the same character with different stats.
And a different power since she won't be able to use her old on.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: August 29, 2014, 08:53:08 am »

still same old hilda. Character =/= power

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: August 29, 2014, 07:18:23 pm »

still same old hilda. Character =/= power
My point precisely.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: August 30, 2014, 07:16:37 pm »

When can I start my ploooot. I'd rather start it now when the weekend's still here
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 685