Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 520681 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5700 on: August 27, 2014, 04:38:35 pm »

You pretty much defined the entire place. It was similar to a modern city, had measures to temporarily change people in forms that were more suited to water. They also had waterproof consumer electronics and their own corporations.
Actually, that was just a city. Atlantis is much bigger. And more interesting. And Smurf can describe it since he was so eager.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: August 27, 2014, 04:38:53 pm »

Except one that is completely different from how the Persona work. These forms were based on pop-culture. Plus it's rather odd that void, the supposed 'rule-breakers' couldn't break the laws of creation that enforce that.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: August 27, 2014, 04:40:42 pm »

In Akroma's lore, void entities take a form from the summoner's subconcious, usually what was described in the book or by the teacher. Their true forms are the eldritch, ungodly horrors that they actually are c:

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: August 27, 2014, 04:43:33 pm »

That at least makes some more sense by separating it from the collective unconscious and removing any limitations for ones that managed to enter without summoning.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: August 27, 2014, 06:48:09 pm »

Rag's Lore: One guy rules over the entire void, and apparently he's nice. To me it doesn't make that much sense for the complete antithesis of creation, an embodiment of entropy and destruction, to be a nice guy. Did anyone challenge Void's rule? How did Void come into power? Why did void entities use the Collective Concious, a twilight realm, to take their forms in creation?

Akroma's Lore: Introduces a dozen archentities ruling over each domain, domains that were slowly created from the destruction of collected souls. These entities created several 'species' and individuals of void entities to do their bidding so that they may accomplish their one goal: Destroy this creation and collect even more souls so that they may rule over existence itself - and possibly even other existences.

Pretty obvious which lore is more interesting.
For the record, I think that the Void lore in general is kinda weird, but I also think it's pretty stupid to always have a Dark Is Evil approach to things like this. Why shouldn't the ruler be nice(also from what I know Void was just sorta always in power)? Yang and Yin are never without their counterparts.

Plus, it's not like all of Creation is fuzzy bunnies just because they're technically about life and creation and whatnot.

Also, if Void had been evil, you'd have to ask why Creation wasn't just obliterated already...

In any case, my lore will, thankfully, have almost nothing to do with Void whenever possible! Yay!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: August 28, 2014, 01:07:26 am »

I'll sum up my opinion as thus: I have never liked the void lore. I would consider the current to be an overall improvement, but there are certain matters as Rolepgeek has mentioned that I felt was done worse in this iteration. Nonetheless, it is a matter I am willing to use, albeit only in general terms.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: August 28, 2014, 03:17:21 am »

not all of void is evil, the sultanes are literaly just one faction, that only inhabit the very outter edge where the cosmos meets the void - they are more or less the peach-fuzz.

and creation is not obliterated yet because doing so is *difficult*. Each creation is different, with it's own defences. A false move, and this creation will simply disassemble you. It's still a few plots until someone shows up who is willing to do a little QnA, and unlike Bartimaeus, actually in the know.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: August 28, 2014, 03:26:44 am »

Ah. If I recall correctly, only Ragnarok's lore on Void has been refuted. His Creation lore still stands, therefore, the Sultanes must avoid attracting too much attention lest the Angels hunt them down. Not that it'll play much into the PC's favor judging by how Dumah acted...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: August 28, 2014, 04:16:51 am »

it has been hinted at when the plot first started, the sultanes have taken heavy measures to make themselves difficult to find, especialy from divine forces. This mostly worked out because Alucards tinkering allowed them to bypass almost all of the cosmos, and instead of having to pierce through the wall of stars and fight through heaven and hell to get all the way to the core, they just went straight to the plane of mortals. Alucard more or less saved them what, half a million years of war
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: August 28, 2014, 04:23:56 am »

Why'd he do this?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: August 28, 2014, 04:25:57 am »

Heaven and Hell really need to step up their game. I mean, most of the gods are well aware that the sultanes are running around, but I don't see swarms of angels swarming or just straight up destroying Earth to stop them.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: August 28, 2014, 04:36:02 am »

They would be if it wasn't for the fact that outside interference is discouraged in plots.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: August 28, 2014, 04:38:14 am »

I believe Rags angels had some sort of rules to stay in heaven, and as far as most gods go, only the really, really old ones would actually register the threat for what it is. Afterall, how dangerous can they be when a bunch of mortals managed to deal with one? Hardly a reason for divine intervention :P

on the other news seems the Icarus plot won, by one vote. this will be nice
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:42:34 am by Akroma »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: August 28, 2014, 04:44:22 am »

Plus gods intervening would require them to give a shit about mortals.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: August 28, 2014, 04:48:05 am »

I believe Rags angels had some sort of rules to stay in heaven, and as far as most gods go, only the really, really old ones would actually register the threat for what it is.
In his lore Angels > Gods. Angels are the things that maintain order, chances are, human gods may be staging a coverup so that Angels don't just raze the entire planet.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 685