Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 520249 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5265 on: August 15, 2014, 01:32:26 pm »

That's... One way to go about it. I tried for the uh... calmer way.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: August 15, 2014, 01:34:04 pm »

Well the calmer way seems to be doing jackshit at the moment. So... Drastic measures are needed.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: August 15, 2014, 01:36:29 pm »

I think it's time to lock the threads to let everyone cool down for a bit. Just a thought here guys.
Unless the resolution gets started, that will accomplish nothing but bottling up people's emptions, so the next time something gets blown out of proportion it will explode even more violently.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: August 15, 2014, 01:40:52 pm »

Do you think that yelling at each other like this is going to help at all? Lock the thread, calm down for a bit, and then reopen it so that we're not screaming at each other. Because at this point arguing is just going to make things worse.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: August 15, 2014, 01:44:44 pm »

to be fair, I had a 10 day week of work which had me get up at 3 am, and then work for 10-12 hours. I was not in the mood for bullshit. And as I explained to Sanure on PM (note, it was him who PMd me, not me him), that I find dragging peoples deaths unto a very, very minor internet issue very deeply insults all my views on morals and family values. You may recall stuff I wrote about a year ago (I think I was already around then, I remember talking about it with kansa), about the very..taxing way in which my father died, and the more recent post wherein I explained that not only did my mother contract aids, she is considering marrying the dude who gave it to her (who will gladly take all her money). We all have our baggage to bear, but how we deal with it, and how we deal with others is what shows us who we are. I'd never unload my anger on the situation on someone else, and especialy not during an arguement to give weight to my side of it. Yes, Sanure is having a hard time, so am I, so are you (or that much I gathered) and who knows how many else in this game alone are. Dragging the dead to fight your fights is desecrating the dead. I will not tolerate that stuff. Go ahead and try to explain to someone who is dead why you decided to drag them out into an ultimately petty internet arguement about the balancing of rp-characters. This is where it just goes too far. You must not do that.

edit: also, I did just do that. I argue the context is different
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:49:17 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: August 15, 2014, 01:54:02 pm »

Sanure brought it up as a reason for why he could not have that argument with you at the time. It had nothing to do with the balancing shit. It was explaining that he was not in a good enough place emptionally to deal with this shit, and you ignored him. Maybe you deal with shit differently. That's on you. You can't expect everyone else to do exactly the same stuff you do when dealing with this crap. Just because he doesn't deal with shit in the same way you do doesn't make him a bad person or some bullshit reasoning you seem to be trying to imply. The dead don't care. They can't care. They're dead. Be respectful around them, but that also means respecting someone else's dead and the grief they feel for them. You don't get to decide that just because you don't like it, you can ignore it. That's called being a dick. It's not using the dead as an excuse or bullshit like that, it's giving the reason for the emotional state that means you don't want to deal with the shit you were pushing forward. If you were tired, okay. Whoop-dee-fuckin'-doo. That is the opposite of explanation for why you were beng particularly aggressive.

Sanure being the one who had to contact you is not a point in your favor. I can only assume you haven't apologised to him yet.

Edit: No. No you haven't...you've said words. You've acknowledged some or your wrongdoing, and then, barely. But it has just been words. Owning up involves doing what you can to rectify the situation, not simply knowing it was your fault. And you continue to argue that you were in the right, when you weren't. So no, Akroma. You haven't owned up. Not yet.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:11:44 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: August 15, 2014, 01:54:52 pm »

Do you think that yelling at each other like this is going to help at all? Lock the thread, calm down for a bit, and then reopen it so that we're not screaming at each other. Because at this point arguing is just going to make things worse.

I rest my fucking case. We need some time to cool off, because this shit is getting us nowhere.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: August 15, 2014, 01:58:11 pm »

Sorry USEC, but you're wrong. The climax of anger has passed. This is the resolution time, and locking the thread would be basically the worst possible thing that could happen.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: August 15, 2014, 02:00:36 pm »

I'll believe it when I see it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: August 15, 2014, 02:09:12 pm »

I did. Not about the point I am making, that dragging the dead into a fight is utterly wrong - I am adamant on that. But on the way it went down. Had I known from the start *why* Sanure refused to argue, I would have been less confrontational. But when my only suggestion was literaly to just play by the rules, and Sanure refused to comment on that besides "fuck off, you not da gm", while I am unaware what exactly I am dealing with, no, I am not having that bullshit. People who want to play the game but are cont content unless they are much stronger than anyone else piss me off, so I continued to argue. Had I known what was going on, I would not have gotten so agitated and backed off earlier. So this goes on for a bit, until Sanure plays the tragedy card - and as I explained, this offends me on such a deep level, I will never tolerate that. Sanures family member, his pregnant sister, my father, my mother, they have something in common - they are suffering way, way worse than any of us (well, not so sure about my mother at the moment, but that is a different story), and one must not use THEIR suffering for your own personal gain - and personal gain does include trying to shut people up.

so yeah, we argued some more, because I too am not impervious to being angry. But yes, I did apologise afterwards, because no, Sanure did not deserve the entirety of it all, and I do indeed feel sorry about the whole thing - I would handle things differently if I could have. But I can't, and I rest my point - use tragedy around you to improve your condition, and I will never look at you the same way again. This is fundamentaly wrong.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: August 15, 2014, 02:15:30 pm »

If you apologised, then good. I will still maintain that that(dragging the dead in) is not what Sanure is doing, and the topic of suffering and being near one who is suffering is controversial, subjective, and affects me too much to get into it, but if you've apologised, and Sanure has accepted your apology(as in, he understands that you are apologizes for the right things and the right reasons), then I am content to let this lie.

See, USEC?

Told ya so. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: August 15, 2014, 02:18:48 pm »

Nope. I totally refuse to believe that we aren't about to tear each other's eyes out. Totally.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: August 15, 2014, 02:26:29 pm »

I don't particularly care about apologies being accepted, to be honest. Sanure justified his actions with being angry, and explained at length via PM why he is angry - and that is not the balance arguement. In short, he is justified because death. Then he went on about how heartless I am, not stubborn or insistant, but heartless - so I am wrong because him being angry did not stop me, because death. He reduced the entire arguement to the suicide. That counts very much in my book as dragging the dead into the arguement. So yeah, it's not like I really care wether Sanure returns accepting my apology or continues steaming - his opinion has radicaly lost in worth in my view. I am sorry I keep going on about this, but it's a topic that really concerns me greatly. We are talking core values here. I can't recall the last time I've felt this strongly adverse to someones actions. I am suprised myself, as I usualy am doing a somewhat good job to go all teflon regarding the differences in values and morals.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:30:20 pm by Akroma »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: August 15, 2014, 02:37:54 pm »

Sanure isn't arguing about the balance. Nobody cares about the balance anymore. They care about you being uncaring enough to continue to push the point in the wake of his grief and emotional distress. The death causes said grief and emotional distress. Trying to deny this is an offense that merits creating a scale, one which ends with the Westboro Baptist Church.

You have your values and morals, and I have mine, though I have avoided bringing mine up out of respect for the current issues. But things you have done have upset me morally as well, and I am capable of giving you the benefit of the doubt. You saying that Sanure's opinion has no worth, effectively because someone committed suicide which left him upset? That doesn't really mesh with your own morals, from what I can see. But in any case, if you're going to continue to be this callous regarding someone else's loss, you don't really deserve to call yourself moral. I think I might have an idea of what you're feeling regarding how pissed off someone can make you. It happened to me a few weeks ago, regarding sexism. But you are misinterpreting and failing to understand Sanure's point.

It is not 'Sanure is justified' because nothing he did needed justification. It is 'Akroma failed to care enough to let an argument lie for even a day so that Sanure could pull himself together'. That is the issue. That is why he called you heartless. Because you couldn't bring yourself to put empathy over being right in an argument on the internet over a game.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: August 15, 2014, 02:41:29 pm »

edit: on second though, eh. Sanure wanted the arguement to end, so you shouldn't pick up his case, nor should I continue mine. It's not like either of us will care about what the other sais
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:47:22 pm by Akroma »
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 685