Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 520179 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5175 on: August 15, 2014, 01:14:03 am »

I went ahead and removed all of the useless argument's that I posted. After I've had a bit to cool off, we can actually begin to nerf the attack in a way that makes everyone happy. I apologize for anything I said in those posts. They were unhelpful.
Rather than switching to some attack buff. How about Thunder Leylines? A concession by either side should be rewarded after all and it was established she had that book just that it was forgotten about in her sheet. Either way, using something that was forgotten would likely be less controversial than using something that was hotly debated.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: August 15, 2014, 01:16:02 am »

I went ahead and removed all of the useless argument's that I posted. After I've had a bit to cool off, we can actually begin to nerf the attack in a way that makes everyone happy. I apologize for anything I said in those posts. They were unhelpful.
Question: Does San know any summoning spells? Because I have an idea that could solve this and get Lohen in the plot. Kill to birds with one stone, ya?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: August 15, 2014, 01:17:50 am »

Good idea. I need to go eat a truckload of Snickers :P

Question: Does San know any summoning spells? Because I have an idea that could solve this and get Lohen in the plot. Kill to birds with one stone, ya?

Oh goody, this sounds like fun.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: August 15, 2014, 01:19:12 am »

Or we could do something I was thinking of doing to introduce him.
Because we need the occasional quick ploty thing that can go basically anywhere and gives a reward besides no one dying.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: August 15, 2014, 01:21:10 am »

Actually, judging by it's name (seeing as I don't think I saw much of its use other than when Sen actually acquired it in v2, if memory serves, she mostly used paper, teleportation or dark magic), Thunderhead Leylines seems quite acceptable to have here seeing as I suspect it has about one useful spell in it with everything else probably involving stuff that would just end up healing the Archon.

Edit: Yeah seeing as she cast lightning spells with it last version, there's probably only one or two actually useful spells in it for this battle.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:25:00 am by Empiricist »

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: August 15, 2014, 01:26:01 am »

Sen does know two entire books on summoning:

Demon summoning and Summoning and Taming of Magical Creatures and Cemihumans:  Pocket Monster Special Edition

@EMP, Thunderhead Leylines has a very useful spell: Mana Battery. It absorbs all electricity, very slowely, and heals the MP of nearby Allies and Sen each turn.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: August 15, 2014, 01:27:07 am »

Cooooooooooould she try to summon a knight or something for help in this battle? Because I have some themes I want to play with Lohen and this seems like a amazing opportunity to start dropping them.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: August 15, 2014, 01:29:22 am »

Is Lohen a cemihumin?
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: August 15, 2014, 01:30:59 am »

Is Lohen a cemihumin?
No, but he could be mistaken for one.
Da fuq's a cemihumin?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: August 15, 2014, 01:31:08 am »

@EMP, Thunderhead Leylines has a very useful spell: Mana Battery. It absorbs all electricity, very slowely, and heals the MP of nearby Allies and Sen each turn.
Yeah, I recall she did use it last version, trying to drain something but failing. Anyway, if it's just something that is just damage over time and has a bit of vampirism, something that I can quote its existence and previous use in v2, it does seem she could use it rather than Paper Dragon, Smurf doesn't have to worry about possible insta-kill and you get to have Sen bring out that forgotten ability. Seems like a fair compromise.

Does turning into a half-human, half-atom cloud in the combat test count? :P

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: August 15, 2014, 01:37:31 am »

I'll need to get Thunderhead Leylines made and statted.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: August 15, 2014, 01:41:26 am »

But yeah, I was thinking that someone would try to summon a knight or hero or something and have the spell fuck up, giving them Lohen instead.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: August 15, 2014, 01:42:12 am »

Sanure, get your summoning rituals ready.
Mcclay, get Bravery prepped.
Cooooooooooould she try to summon a knight or something for help in this battle? Because I have some themes I want to play with Lohen and this seems like a amazing opportunity to start dropping them.
((Okay, here's how you could play it: Lohengrin is somewhere else, he's bored, he wants adventure. He uses Bravery to present himself for any opportunity at adventure, distorting reality to allow irregular summoning. Sen happens to use summoning, thus transporting him into the fray.

No need for him to be in the actual requirements of the summoning; no need for him to TPK the party and nuke the Archon either :P

Is that allowed, Smurf?))
((The Bravery skill actually uses ass pulling as it's main feature, so yeah, it's fine.))
Shit's about to go down  8)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: August 15, 2014, 01:43:22 am »

I wanna know what Kj's plan is first. Options are a great thing to have.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: August 15, 2014, 01:45:07 am »

I was kinda hoping for something more like: "Aw shit, time to call in backu-Why the fuck is this guy here?" and have everyone, including Lohen be super confused and weirded out.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 685