Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 520258 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5070 on: August 14, 2014, 06:42:08 am »

New season of High School DxD announced.

Good day for smurf. This season will also be fucking amazing, because Volume 6.

In other news, I finally implemented the new magic roll systems, which now apply a direct boost in combat. More reliable, but weaker damage overall.

Physical combat research is ongoing, feel free to dump ideas on my lap.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: August 14, 2014, 07:06:31 am »

For Lohengrin and Null's combat tests, should they be against other PCs, generic NPCs, or just duel each other?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: August 14, 2014, 07:11:01 am »

Preferably, all three. If you're trying to save time, making them fight each other seems like a good idea, otherwise send them up against NPCs.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: August 14, 2014, 07:12:36 am »

New season of High School DxD announced.

Good day for smurf. This season will also be fucking amazing, because Volume 6.

In other news, I finally implemented the new magic roll systems, which now apply a direct boost in combat. More reliable, but weaker damage overall.

Physical combat research is ongoing, feel free to dump ideas on my lap.
Which reminds me, I MUST watch High School DxD.....

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: August 14, 2014, 07:14:04 am »

Watch both seasons, be warned, extremely ecchi.

Then read all the light novels. All 18+ of the suckers.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: August 14, 2014, 07:14:21 am »

Okay, how about both of them versus a few NPCs? That saves a bit of time, plus having them go against each other might not work out well seeing as Lohengrin can reliably damage Null, but Null doesn't have to land more than two hits to take down Lohengrin, not to mention that I've now rewritten Null's sheet to give it a more supportive role.

What the hell do you people talk about half the time? I just end up seeing weird titles that are rather meaningless to me.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: August 14, 2014, 07:17:03 am »

Okay, how about both of them versus a few NPCs? That saves a bit of time, plus having them go against each other might not work out well seeing as Lohengrin can reliably damage Null, but Null doesn't have to land more than two hits to take down Lohengrin, not to mention that I've now rewritten Null's sheet to give it a more supportive role.

What the hell do you people talk about half the time? I just end up seeing weird titles that are rather meaningless to me.

Ooh, nice.

Anime, because anime is good. High School DxD is pretty much my favourite one of all time at the moment.

extremely ecchi.
*drool*

Best bit is, the anime hasn't even covered the really ecchi and funny stuff yet. So excited!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: August 14, 2014, 07:57:22 am »

@Emp, Bakteiral is not void in anyway. If anything, she is more Twilight based. If she was void based, her hosts would die instantly :P

She is just a sentient hive mind bakteria colony that likes to infect, convert, control, then leave a skeleton when she moves hosts.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: August 14, 2014, 09:33:18 am »

And yes, there have been much better plot hooks, the one for Usec's was great for instance.

I... What? Which plot hook are we talking about here? I'm pretty sure that all of mine were at best okay or something.

Bwahahahaha. Welcome to calculus, buddy. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I have no formula, the hole is pretty irregular in depth. I've got a table of depth measurements and the area of the surface of the hole.

From what I can see from your limited description, the easiest way to solve question depends on whether the hole is uniformly irregular or not. Which is to say, if the depth is x deep, then at that point the top of the hole is 2x wide. Because then you can find the area of a slice through the hole using Simpson's Rule and then rotate that to find the volume. Like finding the volume of a cylinder by rotating a rectangle. Or something like that. I'm probably explaining it horribly.

You will post the solution to it when you get it, won't you? I'm rather interested in it now.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: August 14, 2014, 09:43:40 am »

Calculus for days. Yeah, I'll post up the question's answer when I finish it.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: August 14, 2014, 09:53:45 am »

And the method used to solve it too. That's much more important, actually.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: August 14, 2014, 01:57:11 pm »

We should make a flaw system.

You could be able to take one flaw for another perk and maybe they could interact. Like I had the idea for one called pervert, which makes you have to roll to not think pervy thoughts (at a lowish check, like a three on a d10) otherwise enemies of the opposite sex (yes, girls can take it to) get to make a free melee attack against you that doesn't trigger any negative affects that it would otherwise cause. They can of course only do it if they are in melee range at the start of their turn.
Of course they do interact with things to give them some good. Like if the pervert had telepathy or tentacles then when they fail the roll they can project the thoughts on people/do tentaclely things on those that would be able to use the pervert payback attack causing a small reduction to resistance and defense for one turn.  It buffs perverts strength by one for one turn.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: August 14, 2014, 02:07:39 pm »

might be good. finaly making icarus weak to electricity would actually be worth something, rather than being just a fluff downside
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: August 14, 2014, 03:07:51 pm »

We should make a flaw system.

You could be able to take one flaw for another perk and maybe they could interact. Like I had the idea for one called pervert, which makes you have to roll to not think pervy thoughts (at a lowish check, like a three on a d10) otherwise enemies of the opposite sex (yes, girls can take it to) get to make a free melee attack against you that doesn't trigger any negative affects that it would otherwise cause. They can of course only do it if they are in melee range at the start of their turn.
Of course they do interact with things to give them some good. Like if the pervert had telepathy or tentacles then when they fail the roll they can project the thoughts on people/do tentaclely things on those that would be able to use the pervert payback attack causing a small reduction to resistance and defense for one turn.  It buffs perverts strength by one for one turn.

Seems like a good idea, but it'd need plenty of moderation.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 685