Sometimes.
- 9 (60%)
Only when there's a new release.
- 2 (13.3%)
Never. ((get out))
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 685

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: Stealing combat systems from an eroge  (Read 520263 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC
« Reply #5040 on: August 14, 2014, 01:01:05 am »

Submitting a sheet for review. Note that I do not intend to join right now, but rather in about four months or so when I'm not as busy.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Edited Null's sheet to address Akroma's concerns. Also, added some special attacks and the cooling system that powers the ones that involve automatic fire.

Now that I think about it Northsdale really needs to be somewhat close to the outback as Kyle's family is within walking distance and was stated to live in the outback.

And meh.... i tired.
Infrastructure isn't too good in the outback because not as many people live there, seriously, seeing as the Ryan household is practically a mansion if I remember correctly and that there are shopping centers, large buildings, major hospitals and train stations nearby, I would think it's in the East Coast. In fact, I would recommend it been somewhere in Queensland specifically seeing as of the three players who live in Australia, two of them live there.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:04:42 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v3 OOC: More characters for the character throne!
« Reply #5041 on: August 14, 2014, 01:04:24 am »

Actually Maria's house is close to the outback as well considering what happened with Conny's baby.

Also, boom, Cado's next character can be Conny's kid.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: August 14, 2014, 01:06:22 am »

I recall that during my bomb plot last version, it was established that the area had a relatively high population density and a CBD that included larger buildings and numerous construction projects.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: August 14, 2014, 01:11:23 am »

Maybe Northsdale is actually more a dimension than a town but no one can really prove it so they just call it a town even though the town is more like a portal to the dimension itself.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: August 14, 2014, 01:13:09 am »

I'm pretty sure the teleporters would be able to prove it if that was the case. Also, if that was the case, magic would have been discovered far earlier because there would be a floating dimensional rift in the middle of the East Coast.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: August 14, 2014, 01:14:53 am »

Still don't think it's wherever you say it is.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: August 14, 2014, 01:19:14 am »

So you don't trust the people who live in Australia to tell you that an area with a lot of infrastructure a decent amount of people, plenty of large buildings along with dedicated suburbs is not going to be near the area where there wouldn't be many people and therefore large buildings or significant infrastructure? :P

By the way, while I'm at it, despite what v1 said, I do not believe that Australia has a president.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: August 14, 2014, 01:22:45 am »

Australia has a Prime Minister, Tony Abbot at the moment. He isn't exactly good, but eh, no one cares enough to do anything.

The castle issue is now closed. Any more talk of it, and I'll sic SERT on you as well.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:26:12 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: August 14, 2014, 01:23:46 am »

Not when it goes against lore I don't.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: August 14, 2014, 01:26:43 am »

Australia has a Prime Minister, Tony Abbot at the moment. He isn't exactly good, but eh, no one cares enough to do anything.
At least a budget surplus hasn't turned into a deficit in the background of political backstabbing :P

Not when it goes against lore I don't.
Angel was in a car crash. Her family was taken to hospital. There aren't that many trained personnel let alone medical facilities in the outback.

The characters go to school and university, there are no universities in the outback and not that many schools either.

People don't build pseudo-mansions in the outback.

Also, the outback is not that close to the capital of Queensland.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: August 14, 2014, 01:30:27 am »

I said near, not in. And I don't see why there can't be a city near or in a desert. It works pretty well in America.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: August 14, 2014, 01:33:10 am »

Allow me to refute your two arguments:
-Kyle's Family: People who live in the outback can send their children to a boarding school. So it is entirely possible that his family was int he outback whilst he was in a suburb.
-Kyle and Conny's child: Magic. It was a magical baby that was delivered through magic and appeared as an orb of light initially.

Smurf: Perhaps you could use it in conjunction with Volumes by Slicing? That's just a guess though since I don't know the context.

I said near, not in. And I don't see why there can't be a city near or in a desert. It works pretty well in America.
Not in Australia. Most of the damn continent is arid and it's a damn big place. The original settlers stuck near the coast and all the infrastructure is near the coast. It is simply far easier to have cities near the coast than in the middle of an arid, dry desert.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: August 14, 2014, 01:36:39 am »

It doesn't work in Australia, as the coast is cheaper, more hospitable, and there's actually a living to be made. Aside from mining towns, the Outback is pretty barren.

The majority of the players have origins/story stuff which would only make sense on the east coast of Australia, and since Griffith is situated in Brisbane, Northdale would probably be not too far away.

I have no formula, the hole is pretty irregular in depth. I've got a table of depth measurements and the area of the surface of the hole.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:40:55 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: August 14, 2014, 01:40:18 am »

The castle issue is now closed. Any more talk of it, and I'll sic SERT on you as well.

What given in Question 4? I'm personally thinking that perhaps Simpson's Rule could be used if in conjunction with the Slicing method of finding volumes. Though it would only be exact if it's parabolic, otherwise it's just an estimate.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: August 14, 2014, 01:42:14 am »

It's a very simple question, simply calculating the area of the very surface of an irregular hole using Simpson's rule. I have tables of depth measurements, but no formulae.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 685